Thread: uninstalling wine run windows programs

Beans

uninstalling wine run windows programs

I have been trying with no success to get rid of a malfunctioning Google sketchup I tried to run in wine. I run the uninstaller over and over and lo, there it is, same condition as before, icons mocking me, shredded pieces beshitting my hard drive.
    How do I get rid of it fully? Clearly, parts are not being removed or the uninstaller isn't working properly. Do I do it manually? How?
    Thanks

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: uninstalling wine run windows programs

go to your /home folder, hit CTRL+H to un hide some folders, fine the one named .wine, inside it will be a c folder, in there you will find program files, delete the folder named after the program and say goodbye.

For the Applications menu
    right click on applications, choose menu, find the progrma o the list under wine and delete.
    Last night I lay in bed looking up at the stars in the sky and I thought to myself, where the heck is the ceiling.

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu

If you have the issue when reinstalling wine after a full uninstall, let us know and we can check your wine configuration and emulated C drive.

Beans

Maybe the program is gone but the launcher is hidden in ~/.local/share/applications/wine/Programs . Open your user folder and press CTRL+H to find the hidden .local folder. You can also clean the .wine folder.

Beans

Wink Re: uninstalling wine run windows programs

That got it. Thanks to all! Ubuntunate!