Thread: Remote Desktop connect to console

RealG187 is offline Chocolate-Covered Ubuntu Beans
    Beans

Remote Desktop connect to console

So I have a computer running Windows server 2003 and when I connect it creates a new session. I found this information and discovered I can use the "/console" use the existing session.

When I type "servername /console" it the Terminal Server client it gives a connection error and when I run the terminal services client with "tsclient /console" it runs but when I connect it still opens a new session.

How do I connect to a computer running Server 2003 and use the existing/console session?

Beans

Re: Remote Desktop connect to console

Being a newbie to all of this Ubuntu stuff, I usually don't find any topics where I can be of help, but I currently am able to connect to Server 2003 from 9.04's built-in Terminal Server Client by checking Attach to Console on the Performance tab. This appears to be the equivalent of MSTSC /console in Windows.

My problem is that I'm running TSC in full-screen mode, but can't switch back to my 9.04 Desktop if I need to.

Hope this helps!

Beans

I'm on Windows now (dual boot still set to Windows and I wasn't there to pick Ubuntu, so I just started using Windows.

I'll check when I reboot...

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by gte731 View Post
    Being a newbie to all of this Ubuntu stuff, I usually don't find any topics where I can be of help, but I currently am able to connect to Server 2003 from 9.04's built-in Terminal Server Client by checking Attach to Console on the Performance tab. This appears to be the equivalent of MSTSC /console in Windows.
    gte731, thank you very much. That was exactly what I've been looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by gte731 View Post
    My problem is that I'm running TSC in full-screen mode, but can't switch back to my 9.04 Desktop if I need to.
    Did you try Ctrl+Alt+Enter?

Beans

Also found this way:

computername -0

Now to figure out how to do it from my Windows Mobile phone...

Beans

is that possible if only i would like to share any device ( such as : USB, wifi, or even webcam ) or just remotely running some 'AT' command on neighbor's modem ?