Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Ubuntu One vs. Dropbox

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

Re: Ubuntu One vs. Dropbox

I like Ubuntu one as it is very tightly intergrated into Ubuntu, and you get 5GB, rather than the standard 2GB in dropbox.

Regards

Peter Jones

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

I would rather have the 2GB of efficient, fully reliable syncing that Dropbox gives me than the 5GB of U1 that used to vanish at arbitrary moments and occasionally refuse my sign in.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Quote Originally Posted by egeezer View Post
    I would rather have the 2GB of efficient, fully reliable syncing that Dropbox gives me than the 5GB of U1 that used to vanish at arbitrary moments and occasionally refuse my sign in.
    You are right. I also have faced the same problem with U1. But it's different from the last version, I think. Now I'm using U1 an Dropbox in both Windows and Ubuntu platform. Right now I'm facing no issues with U1. If you want, you can give a try. Hope you won't be disappointed.

Good luck.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Ubuntu One is running great for me lately and I use the Android app to store photos to the cloud often. Ubuntu One will not let view photos in your cloud storage. Dropbox will let you view photos and video from your storage.

Beans

There's too much on the market to choose from. I've been using Dropbox for a while now, though, because it looked the most promising when I chose it.

I found out about U1 when I installed Ubuntu for the first time. I wasn't quite sure what it was for then, because it asked me to back up.

But other competitors now are Skydrive, Box, Google Drive... there's plenty more.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

I use Ubuntu One on my MacBook with Ubuntu, on my Acer Iconia Tab A100 and my HTC Droid Eris. Very useful, I just wish it was easier to download more then one file at the same time on my Android device (I use it to sync my music from the MacBook to all my Android devices.)

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Smile Re: Ubuntu One vs. Dropbox

I love the way that when I buy music through Rhythmbox it’s uploaded to U1 but it would be good to be able to download more than one file at a time. It also works well with my Android phone, when I take a photo it’s backed-up straight away.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate 15.04 Vivid Vervet

I think Ubuntu One really needs to work on enhancing their web interface because that's something Dropbox has over it.
    Friends don't let friends wear a red shirt on landing-party duty.
    DACS | Connecticut LoCo Team | My Blog
    Ubuntu User# : 17583, Linux User# : 477531

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Wink Re: Ubuntu One vs. Dropbox

Dropbox is better because shared folders, intuitive options...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by jonesyp View Post
    I like Ubuntu one as it is very tightly intergrated into Ubuntu, and you get 5GB, rather than the standard 2GB in dropbox.
    Me too.
    I couldn't use Ubuntu 1 for a while after I did a fresh install and Ubuntu 1 no longer liked the ‘smell’ of my computer.

I'm on a new laptop now and Ubuntu 1 is working faster than Dropbox, and you get more storage - what's not to like.
    My site - for my role-playing games, spaceships and stuff like that.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast