Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Maybe its time we started to ACT

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Maybe its time we started to ACT

Quote Originally Posted by Cortux View Post
    Sorry Guys, I let go of myself on the whole Matrix thing, didnt mean to deviate the subject so far off.

OR DID I
    It was bound to happen, anyway.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

so what happen to neo did he get arrested

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Viva View Post
    I have to disagree on that one. I believe there is no place for any evil in this world no matter how small it is. What intrigues me is why a lot of you think monopoly is a small issue. Monopoly is not good for any industry, let alone one that abuses its status. As for the last line, I'm really surprised. If all the great people in history thought like that, we'd be living in pretty dire situations as slaves. If people did not fight against apartheid and discrimination just because they're not effected, the world would've been a worse place to live in.
    You keep talking about evil. Define evil. Its a purely subjective, anachronistic and idiotic term. Nothing is evil. Evil is a value judgement made by affected. Evil is a term bandied about by idiots like George Bush to stoke up rock throwers and religious nutjobs.

Microsoft is not evil. Its a business making money for its shareholders.

The world is not black and white. Its a trillion shades of grey. Think on this: if you live in the 1st World, ie, Europe, America etc, just by living your life and maintaining your lifestyle and consuming, you are directly and indirectly responsible for the suffering and death of billions of your fellow human beings in the 3rd world.

Wher do you stand with that on your scale of "evil"?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Quote Originally Posted by Chronon View Post
    If someone thinks monopolies are a problem (and any capitalist should) then I don't understand what's so misplaced about championing something that provides a viable option to the overwhelming ruler of the OS world.
    Monopolies are only a problem if it is abusing it's position. The problem goes beyond the monopoly itself when it is permitted to continue to abuse it's position over a period of time. I am inclined to believe that we are experiencing the second condition, where the only way to fix the problem is to fix the government first, not the monopoly.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronon View Post
    Recall that economics tends to suppose that consumers are rational agents with access to all information about the market. In order to compete, the proprietary software simply needs to ensure that it presents a higher relative value than the FOSS competitors. The consumer wins, right?
    True, the current situation is that proprietary software provides more utility than FOSS by virtue of the standardisation and interoperability people actually need rather than what the should, hypothetically, need.

Beans
    Hidden!

We must all realize that Gnu/Linux OS is a revolution.As such we must do all do our best in order to spread the message and eventually take down the vile corporate capitalist scum.

Quote Originally Posted by Странник View Post
    vile corporate capitalist scum.
    Now just the other day some revolutionary was calling them pig-dogs, so now I'm confused. Are they vile scum or pig-dogs?

Beans

Good grief people ITS JUST AN OPERATING SYSTEM for a PC

Its just not that important

There is a million bigger issues out there that need attention an energy put into . I think some people really need to turn their PC's off and get out more.

OK rant over
    This account is not active.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by Странник View Post
    We must all realize that Gnu/Linux OS is a revolution.As such we must do all do our best in order to spread the message and eventually take down the vile corporate capitalist scum.
    No thanks, not interesed. You remind me of a book I read recently: The Good Terrorist, by Doris Lessing.
    「明後日の夕方には帰ってるからね。」

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678