Page 13 of 32 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Dungeons & Dragons Online: Eberron Unlimited

Beans

Re: Dungeons & Dragons Online: Eberron Unlimited

Quote Originally Posted by Morten ML View Post
    Unless I have missed something you are just being modest. The way I see it is that nobody could get this game to work if it wasn't for your pylotro loader. So I think you deserve all the credit you can get! (maybe you should have a god char ingame or something )
    Getting LotRO working was a group effort of several people, SNy then produced a working command line launcher and I produced a GUI version, I tend to get all the praise when in truth without the initial grind working out how the login process worked and getting help from an unknown Turbine dev who opened up the patch function for us none of this would be possible. So I don't ming getting praise as long as the others who played a large part don't get ignored or forgotten.

And if you dont mind clerifying this for me: Is it possible to update the program (DDO) from the pylotro loader?
    It should be, you might need to drop the patchclient.dll from LotRO in (but don't rename it), the patchclient.dll that DDO then provides does have the patching process exposed but it seems some people have been having problems since the Wine 1.2 rc releases, so that might be what is causing problems due to some odd regression. I advocate for Crossover Games so use that for LotRO, that is built on top of Wine 1.1.43 so if you can get a copy of Wine 1.1.43 you might have more joy and it would help confirm the issue is with the changes that have happened since that release.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Getting LotRO working was a group effort of several people, SNy then produced a working command line launcher and I produced a GUI version, I tend to get all the praise when in truth without the initial grind working out how the login process worked and getting help from an unknown Turbine dev who opened up the patch function for us none of this would be possible. So I don't ming getting praise as long as the others who played a large part don't get ignored or forgotten.
    I guess i didn't look into this good enough. I was under the (wrong) impression that this was a one man job. Offcourse the rest of the crew deserves credit too. I will see if i can find them when i have time. (Maybe you could pass on some of the praising in the meantime... Or if any of the develepors read this you should know that your work is greatly appreciated!)

And if you dont mind clerifying this for me: Is it possible to update the program (DDO) from the pylotro loader?
    It should be, you might need to drop the patchclient.dll from LotRO in (but don't rename it), the patchclient.dll that DDO then provides does have the patching process exposed but it seems some people have been having problems since the Wine 1.2 rc releases, so that might be what is causing problems due to some odd regression. I advocate for Crossover Games so use that for LotRO, that is built on top of Wine 1.1.43 so if you can get a copy of Wine 1.1.43 you might have more joy and it would help confirm the issue is with the changes that have happened since that release.
    Ok. thx for clarifying that. I will look into getting it all to work under ubuntu 10.04.

@upitnik
    so i cant help you that much right now but if you can update the game from windows (maybe you could install it in vmplayer) I think you can play it. But as stated i will look into it.

Beans

Hi guys,

i have manage to start DOO finally,now have another kind of problem when i try to set in game higher resolution game crash but at least can get in .

anyway i did all form :
    http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=212618

plus : Second option

with that i was still haveing same problem ,then i upgraded wine 1.2rc1 to wine 1.2rc2

now i dont know was it combination of dose two or just wine update

but after update i was able to patch game and get inside.

Thank you all for make this happen .

Beans
    Distro

Your welcome. Hope you enjoy Ubuntu.

Could you play the game in high res on the same computer with windows?

I cant play the game on high res either and i think i should be able to.

Beans

Your welcome. Hope you enjoy Ubuntu.

Could you play the game in high res on the same computer with windows?

I cant play the game on high res either and i think i should be able to.
    it was working fine on windows in High-Res.

Now i manage to Change To high-res 1400x1050 this is highest i can get, but DDO chrashes after some time of playing 15-20 min or so.

also have 1 more question : when i start ddo it load screen with lady on after that start loading character data i think ,usually at that point in background is picture of pirates and i getting empty screen like it missing somekind of graphical driver ,screen look like net. and after that shows character creation/selection window.

any idea what could that be?

Beans
    Distro

Unless it has something to do with post 107 in this thread i have no idea.

Beans

Unless it has something to do with post 107 in this thread i have no idea.
    Hi,

dint try that yet, but find out i can play at low Details for hour maybe more, think this will have to satisfied me for some time.

Thank you.

Beans

Guys Im trying to get DDO to play using the LOTRO Launcher and am now getting a black window which then crashes bringing me back to the desktop. Only info available to me.

#####Pre-Login#####
    Initialising, please wait...
    Available languages checked.
    Fetched details from GLS data centre.
    Realm list obtained.
    World queue configuration read
    #####After Login#####
    flushing batchbuffer before/after each draw call
    flushing GPU caches before/after each draw call

err:d3d:resource_init Out of adapter memory
    err:d3d9:device_parent_CreateRenderTarget (0x14b4bc) CreateRenderTarget failed, returning 0x8876017c

*** Finished ***

What Should I do? Thanks for the help.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Brando753 View Post
    What Should I do? Thanks for the help.
    Reading the sticky at the top helps.

Wine version, graphics card/driver, etc.

Looking at the error suggests Wine is trying to use more graphics memory than you have, did you manually set how much memory you have? If so did you enter the right amount, if not try setting how much you have as it could misreporting how much is available.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

hey guys i'm rather a n00b at the whole wine thing same as linux in a way just been fiddling with stuff i read to get what i want to work not doing anything major really i'm only getting two errors when i try to load up DDO. the launcher is working fine, i patched the game fine, everything works that way... but the game wont load!

i keep getting this error message:
    *** Finished ***
    Any help would be greatly appreciated! thanks guys!
    Last edited by Nettster; June 9th, 2010 at 02:48 AM.

Page 13 of 32 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast