Page 31 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2129303132 LastLast

Thread: Dungeons & Dragons Online: Eberron Unlimited

Beans

Re: Dungeons & Dragons Online: Eberron Unlimited

Strange, did you reload package list after adding repo?
    Its actually 1.5.18 now but the pack is called wine1.5.

If you use synaptic try the origin view and check that packages are pulled from ubuntu-wine/ppa (shows as LP-PPA-ubuntu-wine/precise in origin, if you use precise ofcourse).

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

installed is:

wine 1.3 (which is 1.4-0ubuntu1 installed) wine1.3-gecko, winetricks, ttf-symbol-replacement-wine, and wine (1.2.3-0ubuntu1 installed)

incidently, I have this same problem on 10.10 and 10.04 and wine 1.4 OR wine 1.5 is not an option
    Last edited by Synoc; November 30th, 2012 at 03:29 AM.

Beans

Support for older ubuntus is spotty from the ppa, check here:
    https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-wine/+archive/ppa

You can always compile it yourself, its not hard and plenty of guides available!

Beans
    Distro

my luck with compiling anything has been horrid to say the least. and if I'm not going to be able to get support going forth it hardly seems worth it to put forth the effort. 10.04 is still a supported OS for a few more months if it's not getting support now from the ppa I might as well scrap it all until I find out which OS I'm going to have to upgrade to. Unity/Gnome3 aren't even in the running for DEs and only mate even stands a chance. But how does using basically gnome 2 affect wine if gnome 2 for all intents and purposes is now defunct?

Beans

Well give it a try:
    http://wiki.winehq.org/FAQ#compile_wine
    Run it from the dir you compiled in instead of doing "make install" and it won't interfere with package systems wine.

As for desktop environment I think its better to discuss elsewhere, you have lots of choices tho.

Beans
    Distro

well the
    Code:
    sudo apt-get build-dep wine1.3
    doesn't work (step one)it gets worse from there.
    Code:
    ./configure
    I assume works
    Code:
    make
    does not.
    Code:
    make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found.  Stop
    and
    Code:
     sudo make install
    doesn't work.
    Code:
    ./tools/wineinstall
    fails because I don't have flex, I install flex and it says I don't have bison, I install bison and get further before it fails it says I don't have X... which is ironic since I am using it from my terminal window in gnome 2... that's when I gave up

Beans
    Distro

upgraded to 12.04... Gave up on trying to get DDO to work on 10.10 or even 10.04. After updating to 12.04 it is working. upon reflection, I might have been able to simply change the ubuntu version INSIDE the PPA to say "precise" and it would have worked. Since the wine PPA doesn't offer updates for 10.10 or 10.04 anymore. I may yet try this on my other system just to find out what happens.

Beans

i have installed ddo on the acer c7 chromebook hoping to be able to play it but when i try to play it through the pylotro it comes up with this "Unhandled exception: page fault on write access to 0x00000030 in 32-bit code (0x00674b92)." anybody can help?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by jokenkil View Post
    i have installed ddo on the acer c7 chromebook hoping to be able to play it but when i try to play it through the pylotro it comes up with this "Unhandled exception: page fault on write access to 0x00000030 in 32-bit code (0x00674b92)." anybody can help?
    Quick look at c7 specs, I don't think it will be able to run ddo I'm afraid. You need an amd or nvidia 3d part realistically, with their driver.

Beans

Help. I did what you guys said but it lead me to a site that was written in some type of.........Asian language.

Page 31 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2129303132 LastLast