#!/bin/bash
    ################### Install Dungeons and dragons online ##########
    sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ubuntu-wine/ppa
    sudo apt-get update
    sudo apt-get install wine1.2

wget "http://www.kegel.com/wine/winetricks"
    bash winetricks vcrun2005
    bash winetricks vcrun2005sp1

wget "http://download.ddo.level3.turbine.com/largecontent/ddo/mod8/downloader/live/standardres/DDO-US-Mod8-Downloader-StandardRes.exe"
    wine DDO-US-Mod8-Downloader-StandardRes.exe

wget "http://www.lotrolinux.com/LOTRO_EU_Bk13_PatchClient.tar.bz2"
    #tar vxf LOTRO_EU_Bk13_PatchClient.tar.bz2 -C "~/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/Turbine/Dungeons & Dragons Online - Stormreach"
    tar vxf LOTRO_EU_Bk13_PatchClient.tar.bz2 -C .wine/drive_c/Program\ Files/Turbine/DDO\ Unlimited/

wget "http://www.lotrolinux.com/ajackson-public.key"
    sudo apt-key add ajackson-public.key

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ajackson-bcs/ppa
    sudo apt-get update
    sudo apt-get install pylotro

/usr/bin/pylotro

#########################################

References:
    This forum post and
    http://lorebook.lotro.com/wiki/LOTRO....2B.2B_Runtime

#http://ppa.launchpad.net/ajackson-bcs/ppa/ubuntu
    Last edited by salemboot; January 19th, 2010 at 04:55 AM. Reason: fixed the wine apt-get entry : wine1.2 instead of wine

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Dungeons & Dragons Online: Eberron Unlimited

nice script salemboot

Quote Originally Posted by themusicwave View Post
    ....The only problem is no sound.

In the in game audio menu, it lists "none" as the only sound option. Not sure why wine isn;t seeing my card any more.

If I go in to wincfg, and mess with the options and hit sound test it always works. It just never seems to work in the game.

Any ideas?
    I have the same problem, other Wine apps work fine with sound.
    EDIT: nm its working now. I reinstalled Wine
    Last edited by zzottt; December 12th, 2009 at 08:46 AM. Reason: it works now

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

i fixed most of the links in the script if it don't work let me know.
    Also make sure you:

sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade

first.

Beans

FIXED:See bottom

As this is the place with the most complete thread talking about this I'll ask here.

On my slackware64 13 machine I was able to
    get wine running
    download and install DDO
    download and install pyLotro
    patch DDO through pyLotro

However once I put in my credentials and try to start the launcher I get no errors, no messages, it just runs one of my cores like hell and never actually launches the game. Any ideas on what I might have done wrong?

Don't know if this helps but the visual c++ runtime 2005 is installed through winetricks but it doesn't seem to show up in pylotro's "Check Prefix" menuitem dialog under the tools menu.

Btw here's some basics my machine:
    AMD Phenom 1.8ghz Quad Core
    1 gig ram
    Nvidia Geforce 8400 256MB
    Slackware 13 (64-bit)

Fix:
    what I did wrong was I installed DDO BEFORE I installed the .net framework version 1.1 So I had to clean my wine prefix and winetricks cache

Code:
    rm -rf .wine
    rm -rf .winetrickscache
    winecfg
    And then install visual C++ runtime 2005 and visual C++ runtime 2005 sp1 then .net framework version 1.1 then install DDO
    Last edited by Xovan; December 21st, 2009 at 01:40 PM. Reason: Fixed

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

The DDO installer worked great for me, I had the
    visual C++ runtime 2005 fix and the regedit hack for .NET
    The downloader doesn't work in WINE, ran that in a VMBOX then downloaded highres install, moved it to LInux and ran the install via WINE (in terminal, "normal" double click doesn't work) and it installed just fine, updated OOTB with pyLOTR and played without any problems on high graphics

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

OK, I had the game working fine just last night on my laptop and now it starts, switches to the correct resolution displays the hourglass mouse and then dumps back to PyLOTRO. I have not made any changes from then until now. I am running Karmic w/ Wine 1.1.35, Intel Mobile 945GM w/ S3TC Texture compression turned on.

Beans

Sorry to be as late to the party as I could have posted day one of the new version of DDO (the addition of F2P).

I have been running this on my iMac and on my Ubuntu 9.10 boxes for some time. Firstly on my iMac, later after I bought a new lappy on that with 9.10.

On both I am using the same method.

1) Install Crossover Games
    2) Download the FULL installation files for the game & Install off of that
    3) Download the windows pytlotro, install it, and use that to then patch and load the game

I found that as of day one, that was not possible, but an update somewhere around October 1st give or take has a wine update that fixes the bug that prevents the installation off of the full install blob that was aforementioned.

I am currently running this with no issues on both my iMac (OSX 10.5.the latest) and my Laptop (9.10 x64).

I avoided using vanilla wine due to oddities I have run into on Fedora, CentOS, and RHEL in the past with wine64. I must be honest, I did Google if Ubuntu had the issues and saw some did, but have no firsthand knowledge if there ARE issues on Ubuntu x64 with wine64 loading apps properly or not. I just would rather avoid the issues entirely.

Hope this helps someone, and all hail the uberness of the wine devs, and Codeweavers, as they let us all game on linux with non native evile win32 code. Although I do have a sub with Cedega, Transgaming has been dropping the ball alot lately and hasn't gotten squat working correctly for me in ages.

Founder (and have wayyy too many toons) of Khyber's "Fist to Face Conversationists." A guildie is making a sister set of guilds on the alt servers, but the main on is on Khyber. Feel free to find us and run an adventure with us. My main is Zacharaias, lvl 14 FvS duker & nuker. Hope to see you all

PS: And if we get enough REAL linux users join up, I am willing to create a guild that advertises that fact.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

On Thelanis, there is a Linux Guild... I can't remember all the names of members right now, but we have about 15 members and growing at the moment
    (Derath, Kilreth, and Ranthral are my char names)

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Has anyone had issues with double click ie: when buying an item?

I have been playing this game for a couple of months, worked fine at first. Later i noticed having trouble double clicking, needing to do it like 3 or 4 fast clicks in a row to make it work. But today, i found i can no longer double click at all. Also i seem to have lost right click... Anyone else experiencing this? This doesn't happen with other wine apps.

PS: If someone finds this post, i solved it by deleting/renaming the files ddo.keymap and UserPreferences.ini (both of them). These files are normally stored in "My Documents\Dungeons and Dragons Online" which in my case turns to be "~/Dungeons and Dragons Online" (My Documents is symlinked to ~).
    Last edited by Artemis3; January 31st, 2010 at 09:35 PM.
    i5-2500, Asus p8p67le, 8g ddr3, gtx460. Eeepc 701 4g surf.

vm.swappiness=0;noatime,data=writeback;deadline scheduler;preload.

Beans

hey i am running the pylorto launcher for ddo i got it all to install but everytime i launch the game it tells me that my account is not active. my wifes win pc can logme in and play but the linux pc cannot, any idea why? any help would be appericated

Page 7 of 32 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast