Page 4 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Dungeons & Dragons Online: Eberron Unlimited

Beans

Re: Dungeons & Dragons Online: Eberron Unlimited

Quote Originally Posted by jmervyn View Post
    Mr. Jackson, you have definitely put together a nice product. Might I suggest that instead of having three different places where one has to select LotRO or DDO, a single selection?
    There are only really two places where you need to select which game you want, in the configuration (either manual or wizard) which once done shouldn't need altering and when selecting a default game or switching between which game to play. Since the whole log in, patch, etc procedures are the same having two separate launchers would be a waste of time.

Quote Originally Posted by jmervyn View Post
    Sadly, I am unable to get the damn .EXE to get past your program, but I'm trying to run it without recompiling <AND> from a different HDD.

It claims,
    "err:alsa:ALSA_CheckSetVolume Could not find 'PCM Playback Volume' element" followed by a Wine Game Error [205] "The game client was passed invalid command-line parameters.[205]" Chances are if I wasn't trying to be cute and use the same installation for both sides of my dual-boot, I'd be successful.
    Neither error is to do with the launcher, well the second one is in a way. The first is just a sound error, Ubuntus pulse and wines Alsa don't seem to play nicely (under Karmic they seem more friendly) so for LotRO & DDO it is best to set Wines sound to OSS (use winecfg), you'll lose sound in the cut scenes but that can't be helped.

The second error is because the game isn't patched, it is the game client throwing out that error. With DDO and a non Mines of Moria version of LotRO you need to find a suitable version of patchclient.dll, I believe that Eberron Unlimited now has a suitable version of this file but you need to patch to get it (nice chicken & egg situation) so just drop LotROs version into your game directory and try patching.

Beans
    Hidden!

I figured out how to install DDO without having to copy a Windows install. You have to use the DDO Stormreach installer instead of Eberron.

Here's the installer I used.
    Download

This will download the entire 2.9+ GB installer for Stormreach. Install that and use PyLotRO to update the game up to Eberron.

Hope this helps other players who want to play DDO but don't have a Windows installation.

Cheers!

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by jackschmidt View Post
    Here's the installer I used.
    Download

This will download the entire 2.9+ GB installer for Stormreach. Install that and use PyLotRO to update the game up to Eberron.
    I just did this, but I'm at a loss of what to do after launching pylotro.

There is a "Patch" inside the "Tools" menu, but all that does is show 3 times this message:

Code:
    err:rundll32:WinMain Unable to find the entry point L"Patch" in L"patchclient.dll"
    If i launch the game, i get to see a pretty movie, and then a loading screen that never finishes.
    i5-2500, Asus p8p67le, 8g ddr3, gtx460. Eeepc 701 4g surf.

vm.swappiness=0;noatime,data=writeback;deadline scheduler;preload.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Artemis3 View Post
    I just did this, but I'm at a loss of what to do after launching pylotro.

There is a "Patch" inside the "Tools" menu, but all that does is show 3 times this message:

Code:
    err:rundll32:WinMain Unable to find the entry point L"Patch" in L"patchclient.dll"
    If i launch the game, i get to see a pretty movie, and then a loading screen that never finishes.
    Try reading my post (three up) about patching.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Thanks for the install info, the game seems like fun the brief time I have been able to try it out.

However, I keep getting frequent and sporatic crashes of the game. I tried setting texture detail to very low, but they still happen...are there any other potential fixes. According to winehq, setting the game to windows 2000 works better...ive already tried that one.

Edit: I found out I was using the version of wine from the repo's. Does this make that big of a difference?

Edit-Edit: upgrading to the latest wine release seems to have fixed the problem.
    Last edited by Naegling23; October 18th, 2009 at 03:54 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Just here to say THANKS AJACKSON!

I couldn't get the current version to work, but I downloaded the previous version and then used the patcher, the patcher didn't work until I updated the patcher.dll but after that it patched then ran properly!

Good work man!

Now just to get Turbine to officially support Linux!

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

After using ArchLinux and struggling to get DDO:EU to work over there, I switched to Kubuntu Karmic 64 bit. The game actually works here, unlike Arch. But I also have a problem.

At random points during the gameplay, the game will close without warning and the Output window just says ***Finished***. My game is patched and everything, as I can log on fine.

Any help?
    Thanks,
    Echoed.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by eSilence View Post
    Any help?
    Any information?

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Quote Originally Posted by ajackson View Post
    Any information?
    Like what information? My system specs?

Asus G50vt-X1 Laptop, with 4 gigs of RAM, 320 gig HDD, nVidia 9800 GS, and a 2.5 Ghz Dual Centrino 2, running Kubuntu 9.10 64 bit.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by eSilence View Post
    Like what information? My system specs?

Asus G50vt-X1 Laptop, with 4 gigs of RAM, 320 gig HDD, nVidia 9800 GS, and a 2.5 Ghz Dual Centrino 2, running Kubuntu 9.10 64 bit.
    How did you install, what else have you installed in the same prefix, have you altered the registry in any way?
    How about wine version, you did read the sticky at the top of the forum I take it?

Page 4 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast