Page 25 of 32 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: Dungeons & Dragons Online: Eberron Unlimited

Beans

Re: Dungeons & Dragons Online: Eberron Unlimited

Default path is
    /home/$user/Dungeons and Dragons Online/UserPreferences.ini

with $user being your username.

However ddo will create those directories and files when run first time, so you may not have them yet.

Exactly what happens when you run it?

Quote Originally Posted by njrob View Post
    I can't find the "userpreferencesw.ini" file; is it something I need to add to my installation, or is there a specific place where I might have missed it?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Jeek Elemental View Post
    Default path is
    /home/$user/Dungeons and Dragons Online/UserPreferences.ini

with $user being your username.

However ddo will create those directories and files when run first time, so you may not have them yet.

Exactly what happens when you run it?
    I run pylotro, (not in terminal) and it pops up with the patch window displaying "finished" instead of starting a game display. I can't get DDO to even run, (using pylotro).

What could be left undone? I'll run pylotro in the terminal and post the results.

Beans

Cool Re: Dungeons & Dragons Online: Eberron Unlimited

1.3.28 would require some native dlls if I remember, which if not there would cause DDO to halt as you described.

Checklist:

-DDO installed in clean .wine/ (no added registry settings)
    -pylotro installed and set up (wizard in menu), either linux or windows version
    -DDO updated through pylotro (ddo hangs at loading screen if version mismatch)
    -OpenGL support, proprietary ATI or Nvidia drivers needed (I think). Hw demands are very modest.
    -Wine version 1.3.37 or later

These are the basic requirements, run wine pylotro.exe from a terminal to catch error messages and post here if not working.
    I tried to run pylotro in the terminal, and this is the result

neal@ubuntu:~$ wine pylotro.exe
    wine: cannot find L"C:\\windows\\system32\\pylotro.exe"
    neal@ubuntu:~$ wine ./.wine/drive_c/Program\ Files/PyLotRO/pylotro.exe
    fixme:system:SetProcessDPIAware stub!
    err:module:import_dll Library QtSvg4.dll (which is needed by L"Z:\\home\\neal\\.wine\\drive_c\\Program Files\\PyLotRO\\qt4_plugins\\iconengines\\qsvgicon 4.dll") not found
    err:module:import_dll Library QtSvg4.dll (which is needed by L"Z:\\home\\neal\\.wine\\drive_c\\Program Files\\PyLotRO\\qt4_plugins\\imageformats\\qsvg4.d ll") not found
    err:module:import_dll Library QtSvg4.dll (which is needed by L"Z:\\home\\neal\\.wine\\drive_c\\Program Files\\PyLotRO\\qt4_plugins\\iconengines\\qsvgicon 4.dll") not found
    fixme:win:FlashWindowEx 0x32e5ec
    fixme:imm:NotifyIME IMC_SETCANDIDATEPOS
    fixme:imm:ImmReleaseContext (0x10066, 0x2fe57d8): stub
    fixme:winsock:WSAIoctl WS_SIO_UDP_CONNRESET stub
    fixme:toolhelp:CreateToolhelp32Snapshot Unimplemented: heap list snapshot
    fixme:toolhelp:Heap32ListFirst : stub
    fixme:win:FlashWindowEx 0x32ad84
    X Error of failed request: BadRequest (invalid request code or no such operation)
    Major opcode of failed request: 136 (GLX)
    Minor opcode of failed request: 19 (X_GLXQueryServerString)
    Serial number of failed request: 891
    Current serial number in output stream: 891
    neal@ubuntu:~$ err:ntdll:RtlDeleteResource Deleting active MRSW lock (0x111bf4), expect failure
    err:ntdll:RtlDeleteResource Deleting active MRSW lock (0x1124fc), expect failure

Sorry if my command line skills are atrocious; I'm just getting used to this sort of thing. Syntax rules you don't recognize are such a pain!

From what I can tell by myself, it is either having trouble finding necessary files, or I need to check my graphics drivers, or both. Can you "translate" this gobbledygook into simpler terms? I mainly need to know what I need to make visible and what I need to add to what I've got.

Beans

It seems you don't have opengl support:

X Error of failed request: BadRequest (invalid request code or no such operation)
    Minor opcode of failed request: 19

The other messages can be ignored.

Which driver are you using? You'll need proprietary drivers from ati or nvidia for the time being, these are not installed by default in ubuntu.

I tried to run pylotro in the terminal, and this is the result

neal@ubuntu:~$ wine pylotro.exe
    wine: cannot find L"C:\\windows\\system32\\pylotro.exe"
    neal@ubuntu:~$ wine ./.wine/drive_c/Program\ Files/PyLotRO/pylotro.exe
    fixme:system:SetProcessDPIAware stub!
    err:module:import_dll Library QtSvg4.dll (which is needed by L"Z:\\home\\neal\\.wine\\drive_c\\Program Files\\PyLotRO\\qt4_plugins\\imageformats\\qsvg4.d ll") not found
    fixme:win:FlashWindowEx 0x32e5ec
    fixme:imm:ImmReleaseContext (0x10066, 0x2fe57d8): stub
    fixme:winsock:WSAIoctl WS_SIO_UDP_CONNRESET stub
    fixme:toolhelp:CreateToolhelp32Snapshot Unimplemented: heap list snapshot
    fixme:toolhelp:Heap32ListFirst : stub
    fixme:win:FlashWindowEx 0x32ad84
    Minor opcode of failed request: 19 (X_GLXQueryServerString)
    Serial number of failed request: 891
    Current serial number in output stream: 891
    neal@ubuntu:~$ err:ntdll:RtlDeleteResource Deleting active MRSW lock (0x111bf4), expect failure
    err:ntdll:RtlDeleteResource Deleting active MRSW lock (0x1124fc), expect failure

Sorry if my command line skills are atrocious; I'm just getting used to this sort of thing. Syntax rules you don't recognize are such a pain!

From what I can tell by myself, it is either having trouble finding necessary files, or I need to check my graphics drivers, or both. Can you "translate" this gobbledygook into simpler terms? I mainly need to know what I need to make visible and what I need to add to what I've got.

Beans

It seems you don't have opengl support:

Minor opcode of failed request: 19

The other messages can be ignored.

Which driver are you using? You'll need proprietary drivers from ati or nvidia for the time being, these are not installed by default in ubuntu.
    I am using a Dell Latitude | D810. The screen has been replaced before, but that shouldn't be affecting this issue, since it seems to be a software problem, (I sincerely hope so). I have downloaded the ATI Mobility Radeon X300 driver that matches my Dell from the Dell "Drivers and Downloads" site. I extracted it to my wine drive_c, but none of the several "setup.exe" files will install anything.

I have tried using the proprietary drivers program Ubuntu has in System Settings before, but it never detects anything.

Does the ATI driver need special treatment in Wine, or is it impossible to run Windows drivers in Wine to begin with?

Sorry for this endless stream of questions; I thank you for your patience and the help you've been giving me.

But as for the driver. . .?

Beans

It appears I already have some sort of ATI package added in the Software Center, but I don't know if it can fill in for what DDO requires.

Beans

Another quick thought: do I need to install only one of the two kinds of drivers? I mean, if I have a Dell, and it usually uses ATI, does that make it so that nividia won't work?

Beans

Okay, I looked closer at my ATI driver in the Software center and I'm currently adding the latest add-on for the AMD Radeon Graphics accellerators. I [I]think[I] that this driver includes coverage for my system, but I may be wrong. It has helped me with my everyday display needs, but could it be insufficient for DDO?

Checklist:

-DDO installed in clean .wine/ (no added registry settings)
    -pylotro installed and set up (wizard in menu), either linux or windows version
    -DDO updated through pylotro (ddo hangs at loading screen if version mismatch)
    -OpenGL support, proprietary ATI or Nvidia drivers needed (I think). Hw demands are very modest.
    -Wine version 1.3.37 or later

These are the basic requirements, run wine pylotro.exe from a terminal to catch error messages and post here if not working.
    When you say DDO's graphics demands are, "modest," do you mean that DDO is easy or hard to please when it comes to graphics support? Man, I must be really missing the mark if it's supposed to be simple!

Beans

Maybe it helps to think of wine as a big switchboard, when a windows exe asks for a function, wine plugs in the equivalent linux function and conjugglifies any differences (what? its a perfectly cromulent word.)

So you don't need windows drivers, but must have opengl capable driver on linux side.

Sadly that is non-trivial for x300 as fglrx (ati's driver) does not support it anymore.
    You can try the "Additional Drivers" program, maybe its able to get an old ati driver.

There are numerous guides and threads on that subject tho.

Another quick thought: do I need to install only one of the two kinds of drivers? I mean, if I have a Dell, and it usually uses ATI, does that make it so that nividia won't work?

Beans

So that means I just need to find a linux/Ubuntu based ATI driver that supports my graphics card? The Dell Latitude D810 actually uses Mobility Radeon X600, but the Dell site said I could use X300; is X600 still not covered by the driver I have?

Page 25 of 32 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast