Page 19 of 32 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: Dungeons & Dragons Online: Eberron Unlimited

Beans

Re: Dungeons & Dragons Online: Eberron Unlimited

Well MSVCR71.dll is part of Visual C++ Runtime 2003, which winetricks can install (it is a bit of a fudge install as there wasn't a redist for 2003). Sticking a real version of MSVCR71.dll into either the game directory or the system32 folder should fix that problem.

Beans

I'm running Ubuntu 11.04, running the game in wine through pylotro 0.1.14. I've been able to get into the game, create a character, and play through the first tutorial dungeon, but now that I'm in the town, the game's been freezing on random loading screens. I also, despite having been told that the game only runs in fullscreen at default resolution, managed to crank it to fullscreen 1680x1050, which was lovely until the freeze, at which point nothing could get it OFF the screen, up to and including switching workspaces. Any idea how to stop the freezes, or at least change the settings such that I don't have to reboot when they happen?
    Last edited by Jalathas; May 14th, 2011 at 04:06 AM.

Beans

After digging through forums here, on the ddo forums and winehq, I have not found anyone else having this issue. When attempting interact with in-game menus, like vendor menus and quest reward selections, I am unable to double-check to make selections.

The workaround? Having someone else buy items for me and trade them to me.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Quote Originally Posted by Jalathas View Post
    I'm running Ubuntu 11.04, running the game in wine through pylotro 0.1.14. I've been able to get into the game, create a character, and play through the first tutorial dungeon, but now that I'm in the town, the game's been freezing on random loading screens. I also, despite having been told that the game only runs in fullscreen at default resolution, managed to crank it to fullscreen 1680x1050, which was lovely until the freeze, at which point nothing could get it OFF the screen, up to and including switching workspaces. Any idea how to stop the freezes, or at least change the settings such that I don't have to reboot when they happen?
    Did you specify how many rams you graphic card has in regedit?
    Before i did that the screen turned blackish every once in a while... hope it helps.
    And @ajackson about the error: "MSVCR71.dll is part of Visual C++ Runtime 2003". INstalling vc2003 fixed my error.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Morten ML View Post
    Did you specify how many rams you graphic card has in regedit?
    Before i did that the screen turned blackish every once in a while... hope it helps.
    I hadn't, but while that improved load times, it doesn't seem to have helped any with the freezes, unfortunately. Thanks for the suggestion, though.

EDIT: After setting wine to emulate a virtual desktop the size of the default resolution, I've at least come to the realization that the game is actually crashing, not freezing. Rather than clogging up the screen, it goes away and reveals the window that allows me to abort it.
    Last edited by Jalathas; May 14th, 2011 at 09:49 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

been using wine 1.3 for long time. got an update for it this morning updated to 1.3.20. now it has the jumpy jitters. if i use the mouse to turn and look around moving or not, it jumps like it gets behind. using keyboard only for directionals doesn't do this.

downgraded to wine 1.2.2 and it's working fine again.
    Dev Testing since 6.10 Edgy Eft. YES I KNOW WHAT THAT DOES!!!

Beans

hay does anyone have a solution to this problem with DDO i keep geting this message: p, li { white-space: pre-wrap; } wine: Call from 0x7b839702 to unimplemented function msvcr80.dll._findfirst32, aborting
    i have the PyLot launcher and standard res instaled but i keep geting that message DX librarys and updated?

Beans

Hello!

I have a problem with DDO:

First, I have the last ubuntu version.
    Second, I installed the winetricks librairies.
    Third, I grabbed the MOD8 DDO version.
    Fourth, I use the Pylotro launcher, and the modified patchclient.dll.

And I get an unknown win32 error 10060 while trying to patch my DDO game.

What does that means, and how do I make it go away?

Thanks!

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

I have the game running, but it's very slow and glitchy.

Natty
    Nvidia GeForce 8600 (512 MB)
    Core 3 Duo
    4GB RAM
    Plenty of space.

Wine 1.3

I have used winetricks to install vcrun2005 and vcrun2008, I've patched the game using ajackson's patchclient.dll, and set graphics to 'Very Low'.

The game loads and runs so slowly that it's unplayable. I tried setting the reg key (VideoMemorySize), but the game wouldn't load at that point--so I deleted that key.

Any ideas?
    Registered Linux User #479009
    Friend-->Linux; 6 and counting...

Beans

Hey everyone, I just installed ddo on my machine and when I go to patch the game through lotro, I am getting the following error:

p, li { white-space: pre-wrap; } rundll32.exe patchclient.dll,Patch patch.ddo.com:80 --language English --productcode DDO --filesonly
    err:rundll32:wWinMain Unable to find the entry point L"Patch" in L"patchclient.dll"

err:rundll32:wWinMain Unable to find the entry point L"Patch" in L"patchclient.dll"

*** Finished ***

Can any help me out on how to patch this?By the way I followed the instructions on https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Dungeon_&_Dragons_Online

Page 19 of 32 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast