Page 18 of 32 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: Dungeons & Dragons Online: Eberron Unlimited

Beans

Re: Dungeons & Dragons Online: Eberron Unlimited

Hi there!
    Is the game working fine for you?cause I have some issues.After a few minutes in the game, it stops and I have to force quit the game, otherwise nothing happens...
    I use wine 1.2.2 and have done everything according to http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManage...sion&iId=17785 and http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1263191 .
    Thank you very much for your time...

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

DX11 has been spoiling me. -_- I recently reinstalled Maverick and got the up to date kernel and ATI drivers, and will be making another attempt at this soon. With the game's next update coming out soon (Update 9), I plan to be playing this game more often.
    Ubuntu user since 2/16/2010.
    GigaByte MA790FXT-UD5P // AMD Phenom II X4 810 // Patriot Extreme 8GB PC3-12800 DDR3 1600 // Sapphire ATI HD5870 Vapor-X OC

Beans

Ok I finally get it to play. I had to set graphics to low and very low but it's good jus like that. Now one of my friends has another problem which has already been posted but I'm not quite sure there is a solution. He tries to login, the screen turns black for a few seconds and then the game end with the usual message *finished*

Also we followed this instruction:

articanos says:
    Ok, great news for all Intel graphics users, there is a workaround for the game error 129 hardware texture compression was not detected. After days of banging my head against a wall I found a solution! Go into your administration => software sources => check multiverse. Now go back into administration => synaptic package manager, once there type in Driconf. Check it and allow it to install. Next open a terminal and type Driconf, a nice gui will appear. Click on the tab labeled image quality, ensure "Enable S3TC texture compression even if software support is not available" is clicked to yes. Then fire up DDO from pylotro and play.
    and terminal says: libGL is too old
    and an error says: XDriInfo returned with non-zero code.

Any guesses would be appreciated. Thank you all...

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

if it's intel graphics, install driconf
    sudo apt-get install driconf
    run driconf
    driconf
    2nd tab "image quality"
    select yes to enable S3TC texture compression

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

With update 9 released, pylotro is refusing to update... What now?

Code:
    rundll32.exe patchclient.dll,Patch patch.ddo.com:80 --language ENGLISH --productcode DDO --filesonly --highres
    Failed to create PatchClient: E_FAIL(0x80004005)

*** Finished ***
    (Wine 1.3.19)
    i5-2500, Asus p8p67le, 8g ddr3, gtx460. Eeepc 701 4g surf.

vm.swappiness=0;noatime,data=writeback;deadline scheduler;preload.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

I am running wine 1.2.2 and didn't have any problem.... I named the patchclient file from book 13 patchclient.dll and the old one patchclient_OLD.dll.

Let me know if this helps.

Beans
    Distro

Weird, the update worked in another machine i have with almost identical software... Will have to investigate whats going on on the first machine.

Ok, i overwrote the newer patchclient.dll from 12/13/10 i had there with the one from book 13 again, and the patch process started, and now its working.

If this ever happens again, i'll use a different name for the file in the advanced options. I suppose my other machine had an older patchclient.dll.

BTW: I couldn't make this thing work at all with v1.2, it spitted out some silly errors about msvcr7.1 or such i didn't want to bother.
    Last edited by Artemis3; May 2nd, 2011 at 07:59 AM.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Artemis3 View Post
    it spitted out some silly errors about msvcr7.1 or such i didn't want to bother.
    Well if you don't want to bother with the errors telling where the problem might be then that is fine

Chances are you need to make sure that Visual C++ runtimes 2005 and 2008 are installed (probably just the latter if it used to patch ok) as Turbine changed their patching mechanism (which is why an older patchclient works).

Beans
    Distro

Its obviously working with 1.3.19, and i have vcrun 2003, 2005 and 2008 installed.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

I now get the error i think artemis3 was talking about.

Code:
    rundll32.exe patchclient.dll,Patch patch.ddo.com:80 --language ENGLISH --productcode DDO --filesonly --highres
    err:module:find_forwarded_export function not found for forward 'msvcrt.__CppXcptFilter' used by L"C:\\windows\\system32\\msvcr71.dll". If you are using builtin L"msvcr71.dll", try using the native one instead.

err:module:find_forwarded_export function not found for forward 'msvcrt.__CppXcptFilter' used by L"C:\\windows\\system32\\msvcr71.dll". If you are using builtin L"msvcr71.dll", try using the native one instead.

err:module:find_forwarded_export function not found for forward 'msvcrt._vscwprintf' used by L"C:\\windows\\system32\\msvcr71.dll". If you are using builtin L"msvcr71.dll", try using the native one instead.
    err:module:find_forwarded_export function not found for forward 'msvcrt._vscprintf' used by L"C:\\windows\\system32\\msvcr71.dll". If you are using builtin L"msvcr71.dll", try using the native one instead.

wine: Call from 0x7bc49f00 to unimplemented function MSVCR71.dll._vscprintf, aborting

err:seh:setup_exception_record stack overflow 1764 bytes in thread 001e eip 68075231 esp 00230c4c stack 0x230000-0x231000-0x330000

*** Finished ***
    I have deleted a lot of repetetions of the same error in this post...
    This error was given when i tried to update the program / patch the program from pylotro. any help would be greatly appreciated.
    I got the same error using the lates version of wine version 1.3 something. and after having deleted that version and going back to wine 1.2.2 i still get the same error...
    Help would be really apreciated as i cannot play my game right now.
    Best regards Morten

Page 18 of 32 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast