Page 14 of 32 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: Dungeons & Dragons Online: Eberron Unlimited

Beans

Re: Dungeons & Dragons Online: Eberron Unlimited

Hey. I have some knowledge on how WINE works, but I keep getting a 105 error (D3D not found). I tried to use winetricks to install the d3d9 dlls, but without a result. I even deleted the .wine directory.

Here's the console output. Can somebody help me?

err:d3d9:device_parent_CreateSwapChain (0x1702a4) CreateAdditionalSwapChain failed, returning 0x8876086a
    err:d3d9:device_parent_CreateSwapChain (0x1702a4) CreateAdditionalSwapChain failed, returning 0x8876086a

I'm using Mac OS X (on a macbook), with WineBottler and WINE .44, btw.

Update:
    I managed to fix this error by running the game in a Virtual Desktop. But, is there any way to bypass the libgsm dependency for DDO?

Thanks,
    Ellsolan
    Last edited by Ellsolan; June 9th, 2010 at 10:55 AM.

Beans

Now Im running fedora and compiled LOTRO Launcher. It loaded the video and played it but then it shows the splash screen which freezes with the attached error,
    I also noticed its not letting me patch it using the lotro pachclient giving me a rundll32 error

Ubuntu didnt get this far
    Using a laptop with fedora 13 intel graphics

Output of LOTRO laucher:

err:ole:CoGetClassObject class {4590f811-1d3a-11d0-891f-00aa004b2e24} not registered
    err:ole:CoGetClassObject no class object {4590f811-1d3a-11d0-891f-00aa004b2e24} could be created for context 0x1

err:ole:CoGetClassObject class {4590f811-1d3a-11d0-891f-00aa004b2e24} not registered
    err:ole:CoGetClassObject no class object {4590f811-1d3a-11d0-891f-00aa004b2e24} could be created for context 0x1

*** Finished ***
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Talking Re: Dungeons & Dragons Online: Eberron Unlimited

Wow some of you guys are brave! Writing about being a DnD player on a Linux forum. My God, in some countries you could be stoned for being so geeky.

<Lordyosch runs away, checks his ranks in hide, rolls a d20 and waits...>
    AMD9650 Quad,4GB, ATI 3200HD, Ubuntu 12.10, Still loving Ubuntu

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Quote Originally Posted by Brando753 View Post
    Now Im running fedora and compiled LOTRO Launcher. It loaded the video and played it but then it shows the splash screen which freezes with the attached error,
    I also noticed its not letting me patch it using the lotro pachclient giving me a rundll32 error

Ubuntu didnt get this far
    Using a laptop with fedora 13 intel graphics

Output of LOTRO laucher:

errle:CoGetClassObject class {4590f811-1d3a-11d0-891f-00aa004b2e24} not registered
    [...]

*** Finished ***
    Google and you shall find:
    HTML Code:
    http://ubuntuforums.org/archive/index.php/t-457268.html
    but for the lazy reader:
    Quote Originally Posted by sparkster666 View Post
    I have also tried this

These crashes happens cause of sound (yes...), so :

1) In winecfg :

Tick OSS (only)

Tick "Emulate"

use "Basic" "8000Hz" "8 Bit"
    Dont know if it works... Let us now.

Beans

Dont know if it works... Let us now.
    I dont have an OSS option so I unselected all the options and set all the other settings to no avail. Also need to find a way to patch. the files should be up to date but still that wont last long. Im using a book 13 updater I found on the net.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Hello!! Okay 'new person' with linux and wine here.

After about give or take a week of tinkering and frustration, I've finally got the game and the launcher to work. But I can't seem to get it updated.

I got my brother, who has just a little more experience than I do, and after a couple hours of tedious work, he gave up.

We are both sure we followed the 'how to' on WineHQ word for word and then some.... but it will not patch.

We have either of the following errors;

Code:
     err:rundll32:wWinMain Unable to find the entry point L"Patch" in L"patchclient.dll"

err:rundll32:wWinMain Unable to find the entry point L"Patch" in L"patchclient.dll"

*** Finished ***
    or

Code:

err:rundll32:wWinMain Unable to load L"patchclientl.dll"

*** Finished ***
    If you could offer any help I would greatly appreciate it.

I run a ubuntu karmic 9.10 and only that.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Mosskins View Post
    We have either of the following errors;

Code:

*** Finished ***
    As you were told in your other thread asking the same question, you need to get a copy of patchclient.dll from LotRO or a later DDO, a link was given http://www.mediafire.com/?idnitkd5tyw and drop that into your game directory. There is no need to rename it as it will get replaced with the newest version anyway.

or
    Code:
     *** Finished ***
    You've typed the name patchclientl.dll into the options box in PyLotRO, the correct name is patchclient.dll.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

As you were told in your other thread asking the same question, you need to get a copy of patchclient.dll from LotRO or a later DDO, a link was given http://www.mediafire.com/?idnitkd5tyw and drop that into your game directory. There is no need to rename it as it will get replaced with the newest version anyway.
    I know that I need to get a copy of the patch client. And I also mentioned in that thread that I used the patchclient and it *still* did not work.

I downloaded the link that you gave me and it's giving me the same 'can't find entry point.'

At this point, my guess as to what I am doing wrong is that I must be putting it in the wrong place.(Even though I put it where the old patchclient was)

I'm going to spend some more time trying to get it to work... I think that it won't either way because I've thoroughly confused myself.

You've typed the name patchclientl.dll into the options box in PyLotRO, the correct name is patchclient.dll.
    That's not a typo. I was told to rename it. That's what I chose.

But you said in your post that I don't need to rename it.. so I won't try that again. (Didn't quite understand why I needed to rename it in the first place)

Beans

I know that I need to get a copy of the patch client. And I also mentioned in that thread that I used the patchclient and it *still* did not work.

I downloaded the link that you gave me and it's giving me the same 'can't find entry point.'

At this point, my guess as to what I am doing wrong is that I must be putting it in the wrong place.(Even though I put it where the old patchclient was)
    The new patchclient.dll goes in the game directory, the one with dndclient.exe in it.

But you said in your post that I don't need to rename it.. so I won't try that again. (Didn't quite understand why I needed to rename it in the first place)
    Because up until recently DDOs patchclient didn't have the patch function exposed, so the first thing it did was download a version of patchclient that would no longer patch (using PyLotRO).

Beans

Im still running into the rundll32 error. Even using the patchclient.dll you provided, anyone know what to do?

Info available from my previous post as none of it has changed.

Page 14 of 32 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast