Page 12 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Dungeons & Dragons Online: Eberron Unlimited

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Re: Dungeons & Dragons Online: Eberron Unlimited

Hi again.

What do you mean by install?
    ...so i used dose bin file's and installer for install DDO via wine.
    I just copied the whole turbine folder to the wine c drive (In programs)

And again installed?
    ..Then i have installed LOTRO_EU_Bk13_PatchClient.tar.bz2...
    I just copied it (LOTRO_EU_Bk13_PatchClient.tar.bz2 file) to the "Dungeons & Dragons Online - Stormreach" folder (in wine) - and unpacked it there. Then i renamed the "patchclient (2).dll" to pylotro or something else.

and then from the loader - I assume you are using ajacksons lord of the ring loader - go to tools->options and mark advanced options and select the "pylotro.dll" as the patch client dll...

I assume you have setup the loader correctly whit regards to the rest of the things that needs to be done in there.

and again did you switch to win 2000 in wine??
    Last edited by Morten ML; May 29th, 2010 at 08:41 AM.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Morten ML View Post
    Hi again.

What do you mean by install?

I just copied the whole turbine folder to the wine c drive (In programs)

And again installed?

I just copied it (LOTRO_EU_Bk13_PatchClient.tar.bz2 file) to the "Dungeons & Dragons Online - Stormreach" folder (in wine) - and unpacked it there. Then i renamed the "patchclient (2).dll" to pylotro or something else.

and then from the loader - I assume you are using ajacksons lord of the ring loader - go to tools->options and mark advanced options and select the "pylotro.dll" as the patch client dll...

I assume you have setup the loader correctly whit regards to the rest of the things that needs to be done in there.

and again did you switch to win 2000 in wine??
    correct i useing ajacksons lord of the ring loader.

i did also copied LOTRO_EU_Bk13_PatchClient.tar.bz2 into C:\Program Files\Turbine\DDO Unlimited and renamed it to DDO_patchclient.dll

also did selected in wine win 2000.

and with all that i getting message from firs and second post.

sry if i wasnt clear enough at first time i save on informations

Beans
    Distro

sry if i wasnt clear enough at first time i save on informations
    although this made me laugh it is generally not a good idea to save on info when asking for help

I assume you then also selected the
    If that is the case then I am not sure what you problem is - BUT I dont mind spending the next hour or so helping you. (I will make a vm and try and replicate your error)

If anybody else has a simple answer please post.

EDIT: are you using 32 or 64 bit?

Beans

Looking at the crash, it has updated the program files/dlls then crashed on the update for data files. That tends to point to a problem with the Visual C++ 2005 run-times (or it would with LotRO, I assume DDO now needs that installed as well).

Also you don't say what version of wine you are using, open a terminal and type
    Code:
    wine --version

Beans

although this made me laugh it is generally not a good idea to save on info when asking for help

I assume you then also selected the

If that is the case then I am not sure what you problem is - BUT I dont mind spending the next hour or so helping you. (I will make a vm and try and replicate your error)

If anybody else has a simple answer please post.

EDIT: are you using 32 or 64 bit?
    this is what i use if this help:
    Linux kron-desktop 2.6.32-22-generic #33-Ubuntu SMP Wed Apr 28 13:28:05 UTC 2010 x86_64 GNU/Linux

ty for any effort ,coz i realy dont have any expiriance on linux as i said before this will be my second day on it and i still adapting.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by ajackson View Post
    Looking at the crash, it has updated the program files/dlls then crashed on the update for data files. That tends to point to a problem with the Visual C++ 2005 run-times (or it would with LotRO, I assume DDO now needs that installed as well).

Also you don't say what version of wine you are using, open a terminal and type
    Code:
    wine --version
    i use Wine 1.2-rcl

i will check for Visual C++ 2005 run-times if i have it or not coz i did some install yeasterday from winetricky two was for win2005 dont rermember witch 1 was it ,will let you know.

Thank You

Beans
    Distro

Well lets see if i am of any help at all before the thankyouing begins

Looking at:
    Linux kron-desktop 2.6.32-22-generic #33-Ubuntu SMP Wed Apr 28 13:28:05 UTC 2010 x86_64 GNU/Linux
    it seems you are running 64 bit.

I am still a bit (pond intended) confused though. are you trying to update the program from ubuntu/wine ? If so i recommend updating the program from windows before copying the lot to wine. I gave up tryiong to update the program from ubuntu. So for every update i have to copy the program again...

The guide i followed for installing it is this:
    HTML Code:
    http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=212618
    And last but not least. "Ajackson" is the guy who made this possible to play in linux - so he overrules my inputs at any time.

Beans

And last but not least. "Ajackson" is the guy who made this possible to play in linux - so he overrules my inputs at any time.
    Not really for DDO, it works because it and LotRO do stuff in a very similar way but from what I've learnt there are some differences which can cause problems (both in-game and until fairly recently with patching).

Beans
    Distro

Mister Jackson (I hope you dont mind me calling you that)

Quote:
    Not really for DDO, it works because it and LotRO do stuff in a very similar way but from what I've learnt there are some differences which can cause problems (both in-game and until fairly recently with patching).
    Unless I have missed something you are just being modest. The way I see it is that nobody could get this game to work if it wasn't for your pylotro loader. So I think you deserve all the credit you can get! (maybe you should have a god char ingame or something )

And if you dont mind clerifying this for me: Is it possible to update the program (DDO) from the pylotro loader?

Beans

Well lets see if i am of any help at all before the thankyouing begins

Looking at:
    it seems you are running 64 bit.

I am still a bit (pond intended) confused though. are you trying to update the program from ubuntu/wine ? If so i recommend updating the program from windows before copying the lot to wine. I gave up tryiong to update the program from ubuntu. So for every update i have to copy the program again...

The guide i followed for installing it is this:
    HTML Code:
    http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=212618
    i have only unbuntu not windows
    so i can update only form umbuntu
    only thing that left from windows system are Setup Files for DDO witch are located on other none system hard drive .

Page 12 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast