Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: BMP users: Audacious

Beans
    Hidden!

BMP users: Audacious

I think it's worth giving a shot.
    What is Audacious?

Audacious is a fork of beep-media-player 0.9.7.1.

Why did you fork beep-media-player?

First off, the fork has no political reasons, it is based entirely on technical merit. It's based on a few issues:

* There have been some quirks in beep-media-player that have annoyed users. (ID3v2 tag handling can be buggy for some users.)
    * BMP classic is no longer actively maintained by the development team.
    * We had our own ideas about how a player should be designed, which we wanted to try in a production environment.
    * Beep lacked functionality that is useful for people who do streaming, such as the songchange plugin from XMMS.

Therefore, a fork seemed most logical as a choice for accomplishing our goals. descender &c have done very good work, but their ideas for a next-generation beep do not align with ours.
    http://audacious.nenolod.net/Main_Page
    Sylvia: Look at what you've done to him!
    Christof: I have given Truman the chance to lead a normal life. The world, the place you live in, is the sick place.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Breezy 5.10

Re: BMP users: Audacious

libbinio1c2
    libid3-3.8.3c2a
    libjack0.100.0-0
    libtag1c2a
    libvisual0.2

Can't be installed because those packages couldn't be installed.

Beans
    Hidden!

What about Dapper? I just compiled it and it went well (not on Ubuntu though :/).
    Sylvia: Look at what you've done to him!
    Christof: I have given Truman the chance to lead a normal life. The world, the place you live in, is the sick place.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Breezy 5.10

I don't have a way of Downloading Dapper to even try it. All I know is that those packages aren't offered in the repos and all my searches keep coming up with those packages but with ended development and no install instructions. All I get is this weird make install crud.

Theres an idea for a new program, one of those compilers for those things. Nice GUI interface. Import source, click on build and your done. I'd love a program like that.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Breezy 5.10

I got it installed without a problem on Fedora 4 and PCLinuxOS thats running on my other computers. Although they are all setup with all the installable features. o.o

Beans

the debian/ubuntu deb cannot be installed on breezy without changing a lot of dependencies

the redhat/fedora rpm can be alien'd into an installable deb however
    Last edited by newuser111; February 6th, 2006 at 09:40 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu Intrepid Ibex (testing)

Quote Originally Posted by TechSonic
    I don't have a way of Downloading Dapper to even try it. All I know is that those packages aren't offered in the repos and all my searches keep coming up with those packages but with ended development and no install instructions. All I get is this weird make install crud.

Theres an idea for a new program, one of those compilers for those things. Nice GUI interface. Import source, click on build and your done. I'd love a program like that.
    maybe this something for you if you are on KDE : http://www.kde-apps.org/content/show.php?content=17183

But think if it doesn't work on CLI it doesn't work on a GUI to.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Breezy 5.10

Ok for anyone wanting to just download, here http://www.techsonic.net/apps/audaci...2-2.2_i386.deb
    sudo dpkg -i audacious_0.1.2-2.2_i386.deb
    Done, look in Sound & Video

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Breezy 5.10

Quote Originally Posted by newuser111
    the debian/ubuntu deb cannot be installed on breezy without changing a lot of dependencies

the redhat/fedora rpm can be alien'd into an installable deb however

Should of said something earlier, before I went through all the trouble of doing it from source.. Oh well, previous post has a quicky install deb.

Beans
    Hidden!

I checked it out not long after it was originally forked. Even though it's basically just BMP with a new name and a new default skin, it's worth using now that the original BMP is no longer being developed.

It's definitely more useable as an audio player than BMPx is in it's current state.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast