Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: grub 2 very very bad

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

grub 2 very very bad

From my experience with ubuntu alpha 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 , i will not install 9.10.
    Grub 2 is not ready and really looks bad. I don't think it will be ready for a beta version. Anyway, who needed grub 2, some smart and stupid geeks working at the Linux development ???? They are always right. For sure they are genius (so they think).

I'm a user and you are wrong(stupid geeks) and you are fire.So is Ubuntu 9.10.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Post Re: grub 2 very very bad

Please be a little more productive than this--I am not a geek (at least by your standard) & I have only one problem with Grub2 & that is being worked on. Grub2 is needed to replace the very outdated Grub & will have teething problems during the alpha & beta periods--My question to you is--Why are you using a Alpha if you are not willing to help debug the product? I use alphas as soon as they are available (& use pre-alpha so I know what is coming)--If you can't work with what is available--wait until the RC to try it---DON'T SLAM WHAT YOU CAN'T HELP WITH.
    "Let's nobody be dead today----Looks very bad on my report" One of my favourite lines from AVATAR
    Linux User#395230
    Ubuntu User# 13498

Beans
    Distro

Re: grub 2 very very bad

This thread fails.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

If you don't like Grub2 just install grub...

Personally I'm not 100% confident in it either, but its still technically in the "APLHA" stages of Ubuntu 9:10, there's still work getting done on it's integration and updating of it. I've got it working after a bit of fiddling (again it's a ALPHA!! so there's gonna be LAODS and LOADS and LOADS of things going wrong).

If you Don't like fixing bugs or the odd crash (Which makes you turn green, bulk up to 4 times your size and IQ drops to that of the average FOX News viewer) Then DON'T go anywhere near an ALPHA build! Did i mention that things might not work or go wrong in ALPHA builds????

Saying that.....

What problems do you have with it? is it just that it's not GRUB?
    Is it not working on your setup?
    Have you posted a bug report about it?

Peace ^_^
    Laters...
    Sol
    "Have you found the secrets of the universe? Asked Zebade "I'm sure I left them here somewhere" User numbers: Ubuntu 23772 Linux 477911

Beans
    Distro

The only thing bad about Grub2 are all these threads! Is it really so hard to add to another thread instead of starting a new one. Older threads often contain usefull information.

Besides, this is bleeding edge and what so many users ask for. Karmic is also still in Alpha. File bugs and Wishlists if you feel its necessary but dont expect things to be perfect yet.

I dont even think Grub2 itself is officially out of development yet.

Beans
    Distro

Smile Re: grub 2 very very bad

Quote Originally Posted by solitaire View Post
    If you don't like Grub2 just install grub...

Personally I'm not 100% confident in it either, but its still technically in the "APLHA" stages of Ubuntu 9:10, there's still work getting done on it's integration and updating of it. I've got it working after a bit of fiddling (again it's a ALPHA!! so there's gonna be LAODS and LOADS and LOADS of things going wrong).

If you Don't like fixing bugs or the odd crash (Which makes you turn green, bulk up to 4 times your size and IQ drops to that of the average FOX News viewer) Then DON'T go anywhere near an ALPHA build! Did i mention that things might not work or go wrong in ALPHA builds????

Saying that.....

What problems do you have with it? is it just that it's not GRUB?
    Is it not working on your setup?
    Have you posted a bug report about it?

Peace ^_^
    WELL SAID!!!!!! Thank you for adding good comment to this questionable thread.
    "Let's nobody be dead today----Looks very bad on my report" One of my favourite lines from AVATAR
    Linux User#395230
    Ubuntu User# 13498

Beans
    Distro

Could Mods please merge this thread with the "Anyone else hate Grub2" one?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

If thats your way of looking at alpha testing,Michel1, just go back to windows...
    I lay down on my bed, looking at the stars, and starting to wonder............................................ .where the **** is my roof..

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

To help fixing bugs you need a system able to boot!!!! And it does not.I' m not a geek but i'm smart enough to have this testing partition that I can reformat and reinstall with a my os of choice : Hardy. That the way I fix grub2.
    I only use Ubuntu. This time i'm very deceived.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

Quote Originally Posted by Michel1 View Post
    From my experience with ubuntu alpha 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 , i will not install 9.10.
    Grub 2 is not ready and really looks bad. I don't think it will be ready for a beta version. Anyway, who needed grub 2, some smart and stupid geeks working at the Linux development ???? They are always right. For sure they are genius (so they think).

I'm a user and you are wrong(stupid geeks) and you are fire.So is Ubuntu 9.10.
    Please, just go and use Windows and stop annoying people around here! And calling someone stupid doesn't make you look very smart you know.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast