Thread: Apple or HOWTO forum?

Beans
    Hidden!

Apple or HOWTO forum?

Say I wanted to write a howto, but it was directly centered a certain audience, not supported by Canonical, and only used by a slight percentage of the user population.

If I wrote a howto for the Macintosh G4 and G5, would I post it in the Apple section, or the Howto section? I'm afraid that because of the nature of the post (speed improvement) it could lead to regular users following the tutorial and potentially fatally damaging their systems. I figured if I posted it away from everybody else, but at the target audience, those who have the hardware could enjoy the speed improvement, while nobody else gets hurt.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Re: Apple or HOWTO forum?

Quote Originally Posted by Frak View Post
    Say I wanted to write a howto, but it was directly centered a certain audience, not supported by Canonical, and only used by a slight percentage of the user population.

If I wrote a howto for the Macintosh G4 and G5, would I post it in the Apple section, or the Howto section? I'm afraid that because of the nature of the post (speed improvement) it could lead to regular users following the tutorial and potentially fatally damaging their systems. I figured if I posted it away from everybody else, but at the target audience, those who have the hardware could enjoy the speed improvement, while nobody else gets hurt.
    Apple Users seems the appropriate section to post, thanks for your concerns
    If you see potential risks using your howto, please make it clear in the first post (usual disclaimer, in red for ex).
    Cheers!
    | My old and mostly abandoned blog |
    Linux user #413984 ; Ubuntu user #178
    J'aime les fraises.
    Nighty night me lovelies!

| Reinstalling Ubuntu ? Please check this bug first ! |
    | Using a ppa ? Please install ppa-purge from universe, you may need it should you want to revert packages back |
    | No support requests / username changes by PM, thanks. |
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]