Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: HOW-TO: FL Studio 9 in Ubuntu (using Wine)

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: HOW-TO: FL Studio 9 in Ubuntu (using Wine)

Also it appears that Midi will work. Was able via qsynth & Zynaddsubfx to route through Jack and then into FL Studio 9. Only thing that appears not to work is the trigger to start recording on first note...perhaps the routing through jack is the issue.

off to test some more...

edit: also i have noticed. (kinda forgotten Windows behavior) but the memory usage display [located next to the CPU usage meter on the menu bar] mine shows 0 (zero). as i recall in windows, when the CPU pushed up to 80% the program would dump responsibility of buffering to memory..i.e. this number would increase showing what the memory was helping compensate for. Under linux i get no memory usage. why? the memory amount is the same as your swap partition in linux. I believe that if we figured out how to enable swap usage with FL then that may help buffering/underruns issues
    Last edited by MiCK.ca; December 15th, 2009 at 02:32 AM.
    "The box said 'For Windows 98 or better', So I loaded Linux"

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by falkTX View Post
    Warning!

The latest Wine (1.1.34) introduces a regression that makes FL Studio unusable.
    Updating is not recommended! (Wait for 1.1.35)
    Well now, I'm glad I decided to read every post before asking a stupid question. I'm gonna go ahead and assume that my decision to update Wine immediately before installing FL Studio is why I don't have any sound output from it.

Edit: Yup, downgraded to 1.1.33, and I get sound output now. All that's needed now is the other half of the equation - MIDI in. JACK doesn't seem to be telling Wine/FL Studio that there's a controller hooked up, and it outright refuses to connect either of my MIDI input devices to MIDI Through on the ALSA tab.
    Last edited by DejitaruJin; December 15th, 2009 at 04:00 AM.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by eightdollarbeer View Post
    this is my point the wineasio is installed , seems to have broken somewhere from 0.7.4 to 0.7.5
    7.4 registers fine
    i reverted back to karmic same problem.
    I think it's the new Wine, 1.1.34; but not sure. (try using 1.1.33)
    I moved already to Lucid to help UbuntuStudio, so I won't be able to help on this.

Beans

Hi i would love to get this working on linux however there are still a couple of things that i cant figure out

1. this is what happens when i run regsvr32 wineasio.dll

orin@laptop:~$ regsvr32 wineasio.dll
    Failed to load DLL wineasio.dll
    orin@laptop:~$

2. I don't know if i need 1 sorted first but when i open patchbay in jack there is no open option just new, load, save etc..
    and i cannot find anywhere to download the attached file WineASIO-FLS.xml

thanks for any help as i really want to make the complete leap onto linux and flstudio is the only thing that has prevented me in the past. and has anyone considered putting together an ubuntu installation package with all the required plug-ins and updates to have fl run without going through all of this as when im done and have it working I will be creating one so i can transfer all of this to my other pc, that way I will happily supply the disk to anyone else who wants it as long as they pay postage
    Last edited by orin zolis; December 16th, 2009 at 01:52 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

yes ive move back to lucid again apears upgrade to lucid works better than fresh install .
    back to the point.
    i tried wine 1.1.31 only other wine avail in my repos at the moment still doesnt register , and wineasio 7.4 still works ok .
    im wondering if its more the wineasio than the wine , ill try building it later on when i have more time and report back.
    thanks

Beans
    Distro

seems your deb installs to /usr/lib32/wine where when i build it it goes to /usr/lib/wine
    guess its a problem possibly built on a dual core 64 bit os
    easy fix people with a /usr/lib32 dir with only wine in it just move the files to lib or run these commands

sudo ln -s /usr/lib32/wine/wineasio.dll.so /usr/lib/wine/wineasio.dll.so
    regsvr32 wineasio.dll
    >>>>>>Successfully registered DLL wineasio.dll<<<<<<<<<

hope it helped someone

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by orin zolis View Post
    Hi i would love to get this working on linux however there are still a couple of things that i cant figure out

1. this is what happens when i run regsvr32 wineasio.dll

orin@laptop:~$ regsvr32 wineasio.dll
    orin@laptop:~$

2. I don't know if i need 1 sorted first but when i open patchbay in jack there is no open option just new, load, save etc..
    and i cannot find anywhere to download the attached file WineASIO-FLS.xml

thanks for any help as i really want to make the complete leap onto linux and flstudio is the only thing that has prevented me in the past. and has anyone considered putting together an ubuntu installation package with all the required plug-ins and updates to have fl run without going through all of this as when im done and have it working I will be creating one so i can transfer all of this to my other pc, that way I will happily supply the disk to anyone else who wants it as long as they pay postage
    I would recommend installing Reaper, if only for testing purposes. If vst/asio/audio things work in Reaper, but not in FLS, you narrow down the list of things you can try to reconfigure. Did you FLS guys know your great Sytrus synth can load DX7 sysex files? Pretty cool, and Sytrus is
    seriously under-rated!
    Cheers

Beans

ok so my laptop is a dual core but iv tryed to get this on my desktop which is not and now it says this when i try to extract fruity:

An error occurred while loading the archive.

Archive: /home/orin/Downloads/flstudio_9.0.3.exe
    [/home/orin/Downloads/flstudio_9.0.3.exe]
    End-of-central-directory signature not found. Either this file is not
    a zipfile, or it constitutes one disk of a multi-part archive. In the
    latter case the central directory and zipfile comment will be found on
    the last disk(s) of this archive.
    zipinfo: cannot find zipfile directory in one of /home/orin/Downloads/flstudio_9.0.3.exe or
    /home/orin/Downloads/flstudio_9.0.3.exe.zip, and cannot find /home/orin/Downloads/flstudio_9.0.3.exe.ZIP, period.

however i did notice the wineasio-fls.xml attachment on here *slaps fore head* and have dl'd it

this problem still exists
    orin@desktop:~$ regsvr32 wineasio.dll
    orin@desktop:~$

and when i typ this into the terminal it does nothing
    sed -i 's/\[drivers32\]/\[drivers32\]\nMSACM.vorbis=vorbis.acm/' ~/.wine/drive_c/windows/system.inijust brings me back to orin@desktop:~$

p, li { white-space: pre-wrap; } this happens when i open jack

Could not open ALSA sequencer as a client.

ALSA MIDI patchbay will be not available.

and just to clarify I'm using an earlier wine version 1.1.31.

so in short I'm not gonna bother trying any more unless someone can guarantee that they have the solutions, too much time that could be spent mixing or otherwise and I'd rather offer cash to anyone in Brisbane and surrounding areas who is confident they can get this working on my system. I will not stand for the antics of Microsoft any longer and if there isn't anyone who I can pay. can someone with fl9 working in some version of Linux tell me the computer they are using and what packages they installed so i can be 100% sure that it will work if I get the same PC as u can see I am determined that I will have FL running in Linux. Rant Rahdy Rant Ra
    Last edited by orin zolis; December 17th, 2009 at 10:49 PM.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by orin zolis View Post
    ok so my laptop is a dual core but iv tryed to get this on my desktop which is not and now it says this when i try to extract fruity:

An error occurred while loading the archive.

Archive: /home/orin/Downloads/flstudio_9.0.3.exe
    [/home/orin/Downloads/flstudio_9.0.3.exe]
    End-of-central-directory signature not found. Either this file is not
    a zipfile, or it constitutes one disk of a multi-part archive. In the
    latter case the central directory and zipfile comment will be found on
    the last disk(s) of this archive.
    zipinfo: cannot find zipfile directory in one of /home/orin/Downloads/flstudio_9.0.3.exe or
    /home/orin/Downloads/flstudio_9.0.3.exe.zip, and cannot find /home/orin/Downloads/flstudio_9.0.3.exe.ZIP, period.

however i did notice the wineasio-fls.xml attachment on here *slaps fore head* and have dl'd it

this problem still exists
    orin@desktop:~$ regsvr32 wineasio.dll
    orin@desktop:~$

and when i typ this into the terminal it does nothing
    sed -i 's/\[drivers32\]/\[drivers32\]\nMSACM.vorbis=vorbis.acm/' ~/.wine/drive_c/windows/system.inijust brings me back to orin@desktop:~$

p, li { white-space: pre-wrap; } this happens when i open jack

Could not open ALSA sequencer as a client.

ALSA MIDI patchbay will be not available.

and just to clarify I'm using an earlier wine version 1.1.31.

so in short I'm not gonna bother trying any more unless someone can guarantee that they have the solutions, too much time that could be spent mixing or otherwise and I'd rather offer cash to anyone in Brisbane and surrounding areas who is confident they can get this working on my system. I will not stand for the antics of Microsoft any longer and if there isn't anyone who I can pay. can someone with fl9 working in some version of Linux tell me the computer they are using and what packages they installed so i can be 100% sure that it will work if I get the same PC as u can see I am determined that I will have FL running in Linux. Rant Rahdy Rant Ra
    try renaming the .zip to .exe and run it with wine.
    and for wineasio
    apt-get install wineasio
    then
    sudo ln -s /usr/lib32/wine/wineasio.dll.so /usr/lib/wine/wineasio.dll.so
    regsvr32 wineasio.dll

should be ok

Beans

it is named as an exe. and all other files i download in zip or as exe's say the same thing. ???

edit ok i'm loose as, i completely forgot to open it with wine
    Last edited by orin zolis; December 18th, 2009 at 02:20 AM.

Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast