Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: HOW-TO: FL Studio 9 in Ubuntu (using Wine)

Beans

Re: HOW-TO: FL Studio 9 in Ubuntu (using Wine)

I am having the same problems with my GUI in FL Studio 9.0.1. The browser is empty and the bits of menus being left behind and what not. I am using a Radeon HD4670 with their driver if that helps any.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by JDRising View Post
    I am having the same problems with my GUI in FL Studio 9.0.1. The browser is empty and the bits of menus being left behind and what not. I am using a Radeon HD4670 with their driver if that helps any.
    Can you post a screenshot?

BTW, FL Studio v9.0.3 is out;
    Check if the update changes anything.

Beans

Well go figure, I open it up to take a screen shot of it not working and now it is working perfectly...

All I have done is reinstalled Wine 1.2 so maybe that will help the other guy too.

Beans

Well go figure, I open it up to take a screen shot of it not working and now it is working perfectly...

All I have done is reinstalled Wine 1.2 so maybe that will help the other guy too.

I'm happy for you

Beans

In the long run, I would plan on horsetrading for, or purchasing an nvidia graphics product. Especially for more complicated apps like FL Studio. Reaper is still less than a 5 meg download, so if you need to record during the process of getting FL 9 stable, it s a good choice.
    Cheers
    Last edited by sgx; December 6th, 2009 at 05:09 AM. Reason: spellng

Beans

okay funny story, i installed the package named wine rather than wine1.2 thinking it was one of those meta-packages that installs the most current version. installed wine1.2 and the interface is working just fine. even the browser is populated.

Beans

Glad to hear it worked for you too!

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by daedalus0x1a4 View Post
    okay funny story, i installed the package named wine rather than wine1.2 thinking it was one of those meta-packages that installs the most current version. installed wine1.2 and the interface is working just fine. even the browser is populated.
    It might help someone in the future if you can post your hardware details.
    People can arrange to purchase working replacements if the know what to get

Beans

Question Re: HOW-TO: FL Studio 9 in Ubuntu (using Wine)

Two part question here, if you don't mind.

First part: Anyone get MIDI to work with Jack and Wine? My MIDI device list in Wine is always empty. I have several MIDI ports available to the system, and when using ALSA, I see them in programs such as FL Studio and they work. (Of course, sound is unusuable..)

Any help on the MIDI front would be really good. FL Studio not very useful without controllers. To me, anyway.

Second: I have an unusual problem with sound, I think. Running 9.10 with an rt kernel. Using WINEASIO from a .deb found here.

When I use WINEASIO with Jack, it only works when Jack is not in Realtime mode, and it works horribly. Jack complains a lot about xruns and stuff, and the sound is garbage.

So, I can only get reasonable sound (but still not wonderful) is by using Jack with Realtime and NOT use WINEASIO. But, I'm willing to bet if I can get WINEASIO to work, it would be much better.

If anyone has any ideas...

Edit: Yea, I guess the vorbis acm thing didn't go into system.ini properly. Fixed that and now the wavs work.

PS. Dispite the problems, FL Studio 9 works better in Ubuntu AMD64 than it does in Windows 7 x64. (No asio support for FL Studio in Windows x64, because the sound card drivers only provide x64 ASIO and FL Studio is a 32-bit app.)

I'm so close I can taste it..
    Last edited by cbreaker; December 7th, 2009 at 03:37 AM.

Beans
    Hidden!

I'm really in doubt whether this is the right way to go on Ubuntu...

Did you take a look at Qtractor in combination with the LMMS samples? Install whysynth (karmic) for the synths, use zynaddsubfx (2.4.0) via jack.
    For those who just wants to make music

www.openstudioproductions.org

Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast