Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17252627

Thread: HOW-TO: FL Studio 9 in Ubuntu (using Wine)

Beans

Re: HOW-TO: FL Studio 9 in Ubuntu (using Wine)

wineasio is not a command to run
    You run wineasio as you select it in your drop down menu as audio driver in whatever program you use. The problem is (and I tried Ubuntu natty, lucid, and Mint 11) wineASIO says that it can't connect to jack even if I have my jack up and running. I think I is problem in wineASIO 0.9.0 but as I recall I recently used this same version on a Macpup notebook and it ran like hell It just doesn't run. I once had it up and running but then I decided on installing gnome3 which totally messed my X and I had to reinstall afterwards no wineasio ever thought about running here
    Here's what I get when I run FL 9.0 (with wineasio 0.9.0 and wine 1.3.27)

Code:
    fixme:win:LockWindowUpdate (0x200ba), partial stub!
    fixme:win:LockWindowUpdate ((nil)), partial stub!
    fixme:bitblt:clienzt_side_dib_copy potential optimization: pixel format conversion
    fixme:alsa:AudioClient_GetMixFormat Don't know what to do with 32 channels, pretending there's only 2 channels
    fixme:alsa:AudioClient_GetMixFormat Don't know what to do with 32 channels, pretending there's only 2 channels
    err:bitmap:X11DRV_DIB_SetImageBits Out of memory!
    I used to receive a message that wineasio cannot create thread = 11 (or something like this but this was in Mint 11) and complaining that jack isn't running except that it IS.

Furthermore I created a virtual Wine Desktop and ran FLS again. I received some very very weird output in terminal

Code:
    fixme:win:LockWindowUpdate (0x200ba), partial stub!
    fixme:win:LockWindowUpdate ((nil)), partial stub!
    fixme:bitblt:client_side_dib_copy potential optimization: pixel format conversion
    wine: Unhandled exception 0x0eedfade at address 0x0000:0x7b839d72 (thread 0009), starting debugger...
    err:seh:setup_exception_record stack overflow 864 bytes in thread 0009 eip 6802956a esp 00230fd0 stack 0x230000-0x231000-0x330000
    libgcc_s.so.1 must be installed for pthread_cancel to work
    err:seh:setup_exception_record nested exception on signal stack in thread 0009 eip 68000832 esp 7ffdb468 stack 0x231000-0x330000
    libgcc_s.so.1 must be installed for pthread_cancel to work
    err:seh:setup_exception_record nested exception on signal stack in thread 0009 eip 68000832 esp 7ffdab48 stack 0x231000-0x330000
    Process of pid=0008 has terminated
    No process loaded, cannot execute 'echo Modules:'
    Cannot get info on module while no process is loaded
    No process loaded, cannot execute 'echo Threads:'
    process  tid      prio (all id:s are in hex)
    marcus@marcus-eM355:~$ 0000000e services.exe
    	0000001b    0
    	00000016    0
    	00000015    0
    	00000014    0
    	00000010    0
    	0000000f    0
    00000011 winedevice.exe
    	00000017    0
    	00000013    0
    	00000012    0
    00000018 plugplay.exe
    	0000001c    0
    	0000001a    0
    	00000019    0
    0000001d explorer.exe
    	0000001e    0
    You must be attached to a process to run this command.
    No process loaded, cannot execute 'detach'
    At first "err:bitmap:X11DRV_DIB_SetImageBits Out of memory!" I got a dialog "Cannot create wineASIO" and then at last one I got another "Cannot create wineASIO". Finally I got a dialog with critical wine error (something very familiar in windows I think?).
    I tried WINEDEBUG=+wineasio before running FLS too. The result? It is seen above. I can't recall when WINEDEBUG ever helped me though (I HAVE wine1.3-dbg installed)...

And my simple question - WHAT THE...

I never ever had problems with wineasio untill natty after natty I can't even turn back to maveric or lucid because this problem is present there too. So I am seemed to be stuck with only chance - Windows which is not a good chance by the way (as you may agree) or Puppy (which is too minimalistic for my everyday computing and I also love apt-get commands, hehe )

Oh, and the only thing that FLS can play sound through is a Direct Sound Driver (alsa I suppose) which is incapable of processing fast enough for playing with a midi keyboard (I get buggy sounds even at 2048 samples buffer)

So anyone? Any ideas, I'm freaking out here... Please, please!

EDIT: I have found the actual problem with running under Ubuntu and any normal Linux system. It appears that one must their user in the audio group to actually allow wine apps to run with jack client. This solution explains why it would run under system like Puppy where the default user is a root and under root you're allowed to do anything, right? No matter if this is a real solution or just my system decided to let me runn FLS I would recommend anyone having problem with wineasio to add your user to audio group.
    Last edited by kutalion; October 2nd, 2011 at 09:23 PM.

Beans

Hey everyone. I'm running Ubuntu 11.10 (Oneiric Ocelot) and already have FL Studio 10.0.9c running with PlayOnLinux. However, I still cannot record any audio from my M-Audio Black Box Reloaded Interface. I installed the wine-audio deb package at the beginning of this forum and even registered its dll like "regsvr32 wineasio.dll" with no problem. I have a feeling it's something to do with the setup in one of the attached pictures below in the winecfg audio tab and that's the thing: it says I have no audio driver selected and everything else only has "System Default". I also attached a picture of my qjackctl to show how I have it setup. Please, any help with this would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

P.S. I can hear the beats I make perfectly through my Black Box Interface but I still cannot record raw audio such as guitar, bass or vocals.

Beans

Install a2jmidid and start it with

a2jmidid -j default

this will give you a jackd midi port in the qjackctl midi tab.

In the qjackctl alsa tab your screen-pic connection lines
    should form an X from blackbox to midi-through,
    but are now drawn straight across =

Start yoshimi synth, and its jackd midi appears in the midi tab of qjackctl on the right side, and should also open its audio port in the Audio tab on the left side. Make the audio and midi connections, while midi through is connected to blackbox in the alsa tab.

wine devs are moving away from pro audio, so the normal winecfg
    options are gone, but an easy wine registry edit, means you
    can still select alsa for audio, which would help for using
    FLS

http://wiki.jswindle.com/index.php/W...figuring_Sound

scroll down to 'configuring sound section' for directions.
    Cheers
    Last edited by sgx; May 23rd, 2012 at 12:54 AM.

Beans

hey SGX, did I do this correctly? I did aj2midid -j default and when I open up Yoshimi, it shows up automatically in qjackctl (See pics below). However, for some reason when I open up my FL Studio 10 (with wine), it doesn't show up in the Midi tabs at all. Also, I did the instructions on that wikipedia link you posted but every time I change the registry part of "Audio" to "alsa" and then restart the computer, that value goes right back to "jack" for some reason.

P.S. as you can see in the back, FL Studio is open but still doesn't show up in qjackctl under midi.

Beans

Hi, the yoshimi connections are just like mine,
    and when I use reaper, it never displays anything
    in the alsa or midi ports either, just functions like it
    was back home with Granny XP

So you must choose asio as the device in FLS,
    and wineasio in its asio preferences, then follow
    the FLS way of scanning for plugins. When I run reaper,
    it autoconnects X to the Audio ports in qjackctl.

/home/you/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/Steinberg/VstPlugins

is a common/lucky plugin path. If an installer has other defaults,
    I use those, and then link to this VstPlugins folder.

wine .wine/drive_c/Program*Files/Native*Instruments/Absynth*5/Absynth*5.exe

In a command line, to start a stand-alone, I fill spaces or quote to bypass blank spaces.

http://www.kvraudio.com/banks.php?s=...at=&order=date

get the Cormi, Laba 170, and Improved Collection (from folderol)
    These are zynaddsubfx sounds and are excellent, and work in the newer
    yoshimi. i7 cpu users can build monster multi-timbral layers

Cheers

Beans

Hey again SGX. About what you said in regards to choosing the ASIO in FLS, here's my problem: Wine-Asio doesn't show up in the Input/Output options and when I try to hover over the "IN" part of the mixer, it won't let me choose an Input to, for example, record vocals, guitar or bass (that's what my black box interface is for) and on the top left of the program under "File, Edit, Channels...etc" it says Audio Input Source (ASIO Devices Only). See the pictures below for detailed illustration.

P.S. my Blackbox and Midi Through Port-0 show up but no Wine-Asio option.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans

do reaper, festige, fst or dssi-vst work with your wineasio?

grab an ampsim,

http://www.igniteamps.com/index.php?...mid=55&lang=en

and

fst NRR-1.dll or

vsthost /usr/lib/vst/NRR-1.dll

and feed it a sound connected from line-in

# Set DSSI_VST_PATH for Bash shell
    if [ -n "\$DSSI_VST_VST_PATH" ]; then
    export DSSI_VST_VST_PATH="/usr/lib/vst"
    fi

put such a path file in /etc/profile.d

you can rename .wine for now, and install a 1.3 or 1.2
    version of wine, I've about seen the end of 1.4 for now.

Reinstall fls to its installer defaults, or copy it directly
    from a dual boot partition.

make sure these are in .wine/drive_c/windows/System32
    gdiplus
    mfc42
    mfc71
    msvcp60
    msvcp71
    msvcr71
    msvcr80
    mscvsc60
    msvcp90