Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1624252627 LastLast

Thread: HOW-TO: FL Studio 9 in Ubuntu (using Wine)

Beans

Exclamation Re: HOW-TO: FL Studio 9 in Ubuntu (using Wine)

Ok so this is what I can't understand. I installed unbuntu11.04, with jackd2 and wineasio0.9 deb file. and then installed Fl9, and all worked a treat, even pusle-jack as well worked, I have no overruns nothing, then I had a issue with gnome3 shell and reinstalled ubuntu11.04 fro a clean install. Can I get wineasio to not overrun, can I for the love of cheese.

I have jackd2 and I have tried every setting under the sun to get it to stabilize and even used the same wineasio0.9 deb file as I had when I had everything running top dollar.

Please can someone post a step by step noddy guide. to have jack run wineasio through it with fruityloops, and have pusle-jack running as well. I am so annoyed and frustrated, can produce my music without crackles ... Aaaaaaaahhhh.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: HOW-TO: FL Studio 9 in Ubuntu (using Wine)

@ shaneo1 ... it could be something simple like config file , rem that FL cannot be run in realtime too. 1st maybe look to check that your username is a member of pulse, pulse-access & rtkit groups, do this by running command :- groups in the terminal

2nd check wine and have alsa and and jack audio drivers enabled

3rd probably ensure that jack can run at high priority on your system check your /etc/security/limits.d/audio.conf file has these settings :- @audio - rtprio 95
    @audio - memlock unlimited (i have this part commented out as it is recommended not to be needed now #@audio - nice -19)

4th maybe check your gstreamer-properties and play about with the settings, try choosing pulseaudio for input/output or maybe even alsa.
    *im still using jack1* but i guess the settings should be similar, well hope this helps
    using.... ACER ASPIRE ONE and ACER ASPIRE 5332
    running.... Ubuntu 12.04

Beans

thanks for the reply, I surprisingly, have done all that you have mentioned, though bizarrely, I went to synaptic installed jackd1 and it never promoted to remove jackd2, then I removed jackd2.

I now have jackd running in realtime, and FL9 is working better than ubuntu running windows 7 in a virtual box. Oh I just got a overrun, my first, but all is good.

please dont ask me how I have it set up im not a wizz with all the ubuntu terminal jargon, but if anyone wants to could I will post the setting, if someone could guide me through terminal.

Beans

Hi, I am having trouble using FLS with WineASIO driver. When I start FLS (10.0 version) and Jack before this I get sound but a slow and laggy as the sound driver is set to default sound driver (ALSA). As I try to open WineASIO I get a window that tells me it can't open sound driver and then a great number of error dialogs that simply has no end. I use WINE 1.3 beta but I've tried 1.2 and FLS 9 to no avail. I'll give you the terminal output too. I tried that under Ubuntu 11.04 32-bit, Ubuntu 11.04 64-bit and Ubuntu 10.04 64-bit

Code:
    fixme:dwmapi:DwmIsCompositionEnabled 0x32f964
    fixme:win:LockWindowUpdate (0x200c4), partial stub!
    fixme:win:LockWindowUpdate ((nil)), partial stub!
    fixme:bitblt:client_side_dib_copy potential optimization: pixel format conversion
    fixme:wave:ALSA_ComputeCaps Device has a minimum of 2 channels
    fixme:wave:ALSA_ComputeCaps Device has a minimum of 2 channels
    fixme:dsalsa:IDsDriverBufferImpl_SetVolumePan (0x198308,0x198770): stub
    fixme:avrt:AvSetMmThreadCharacteristicsW (L"Pro Audio",0x27be9ec): stub
    fixme:avrt:AvSetMmThreadPriority (0x12345678)->(2) stub
    fixme:shell:PathUnExpandEnvStringsA ("C:\\Program Files\\Image-Line\\FL Studio 10\\Artwork\\Skins\\Default\\StartSnd.WAV","",0x00000105)
    fixme:shell:PathUnExpandEnvStringsA ("C:\\Program Files\\Image-Line\\FL Studio 10\\Artwork\\Skins\\Default\\StartSnd.WAV","",0x00000105)
    err:bitmap:X11DRV_DIB_SetImageBits Out of memory!
    fixme:asio:DllCanUnloadNow (void): stub

Beans

hi all,

bump the previous post by kutalion, i'm having similiar problems, if i start jack and then fl 9 (using 10.04) i get a message saying "error while creating asio driver, I have read through this thread and have had no success. when i change to wineasio in fl i get a bundle of error messages such as "invalid pointer operation" "DIB cannot be made" and the "error creating asio driver" one too.

if i leave fl on wineasio then close it, fl does not start up, but i get the error creating asio driver message.

any help would be appreciated!

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by djzoid View Post
    hi all,

bump the previous post by kutalion, i'm having similiar problems, if i start jack and then fl 9 (using 10.04) i get a message saying "error while creating asio driver, I have read through this thread and have had no success. when i change to wineasio in fl i get a bundle of error messages such as "invalid pointer operation" "DIB cannot be made" and the "error creating asio driver" one too.

if i leave fl on wineasio then close it, fl does not start up, but i get the error creating asio driver message.

any help would be appreciated!
    I would install reaper, remove and reinstall wine/wineasio. Run the

regsvr32 wineasio.dll command, run winecfg, and choose alsa in
    the audio panel

Start reaper and choose wineasio in reaper device preferences. If wineasio fails in reaper
    you can assume you need a different wineasio version. Several should be available. One is an attachment from Falk in the top post of this thread:

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1241187

or here:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/kxstudio/files/DEBs/

Cheers

Beans

I somehow (dunno how exactly) managed to get out of the situation but now another question come at hand. Since wine 1.3.25 there is no jack support anymore. Wether WineHQ are working on a new jack driver or not I don't know but since this is the light for the next stable version of Wine what should we do with wineasio does it run only with jack? From time to time I find it hard to run wineasio even with jack though.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by kutalion View Post
    I somehow (dunno how exactly) managed to get out of the situation but now another question come at hand. Since wine 1.3.25 there is no jack support anymore. Wether WineHQ are working on a new jack driver or not I don't know but since this is the light for the next stable version of Wine what should we do with wineasio does it run only with jack? From time to time I find it hard to run wineasio even with jack though.
    From 1.3.25 on, the JACK driver has been removed.
    You can still safely use WineASIO as usual, and the ALSA driver is still there for MIDI stuff.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by kutalion View Post
    Hi, what does this mean?

"From time to time I find it hard to run wineasio"?

wineasio is not a command to run, it just waits for something
    that uses it. I have never used the jackd checkbox in winecfg, just alsa, and things work well, reaper connects to jackd automatically, fst works on those plugins it likes, linux audio apps work alongside windows apps.
    Cheers

Beans

Just in case anyone else comes across this...

It appears that foobar's asio plugin doesn't recognize wineasio as an asio driver. When I try to add it under ASIO Virtual Devices, it gives an error message box saying "No ASIO driver found".

I tried it in Reaper and it works. Also, i checked with asiocaps.exe and it also sees the wineasio driver.

So this is definitely a foobar issue.
    Last edited by LuisUK; September 4th, 2011 at 10:48 AM.

Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1624252627 LastLast