Page 22 of 27 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: HOW-TO: FL Studio 9 in Ubuntu (using Wine)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Gnome 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: HOW-TO: FL Studio 9 in Ubuntu (using Wine)

Is there a way to get more than just two outputs from FL studio. That way I can record each instrument into its own track in ardour.

Thanks.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Have you tried multiple FL Studio sessions? Or do you mean each channel a different output?
    Laptop: i7 4800MQ 2.7GHz (~3.7GHz); 2x 4GB Kingston HyperX Genesis 1600MHz; Nvidia 780M 4GB; Crucial M4 256GB SSD; Ubuntu 14.04 LTS x64 and Windows 8.1 x64.
    Ubuntu #8076 / Linux #429448

Beans

well after installing wine rt i find I'm getting better results launching with:

Code:
    chrt -f -p 98 env WINE_RT=18 WINE_SRV_RT=18 WINEPREFIX="/home/mrthraz/.wine" wine C:\\windows\\command\\start.exe /Unix /home/mrthraz/.wine/dosdevices/c:/users/mrthraz/Start\ Menu/Programs/Image-Line/FL\ Studio\ 9/FL\ Studio\ 9\ \(extended\ memory\).lnk

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Going to attempt a full install with addons of FL STUDIO 10!!! I have Hardcore, Sawer and Toxic addons...all worked great with 9...will update as soon as I get this installed and tested...using the same install tuts as Falk did for 9...ALSO using KORG midi board....

keep all of you posted as time goes by...
    "The box said 'For Windows 98 or better', So I loaded Linux"

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

****UPDATE****

All is well!!! everything is working! FL Studio 10 on Tango Studio is working! this rocks!!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Further update: Purchased a couple more plugins from Image-Line. install went flawless. All work as expected. Programs runs excellent with or without Jack started. I have the Primary sound device selected in audio setup.

Note: On the install of FL Studio 10 there were no error messages during install as there were with FLS 9.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by mr.thraz View Post
    well after installing wine rt i find I'm getting better results launching with:

Code:
    chrt -f -p 98 env WINE_RT=18 WINE_SRV_RT=18 WINEPREFIX="/home/mrthraz/.wine" wine C:\\windows\\command\\start.exe /Unix /home/mrthraz/.wine/dosdevices/c:/users/mrthraz/Start\ Menu/Programs/Image-Line/FL\ Studio\ 9/FL\ Studio\ 9\ \(extended\ memory\).lnk
    Wow, you should start work on lotto numbers! You/ve definitely got the chops Charley Sheen calls out, "Winning!"

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by MiCK.ca View Post
    Further update: Purchased a couple more plugins from Image-Line. install went flawless. All work as expected. Programs runs excellent with or without Jack started. I have the Primary sound device selected in audio setup.

Note: On the install of FL Studio 10 there were no error messages during install as there were with FLS 9.
    Pretty amazing! Do you have Sytrus? I tried the demo awhile back,
    and loved the pure and energized sounds. Hoping it comes down in price,
    or gets included in one of the lesser FLS bundles someday.
    Cheers

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Yes i do have Sytrus. as well as Maximus, Hardcore and Poizone and probably 12 other. I purchased the signature bundle plugins back in FL Studio 8. (at the time it was known as XXL edition upgrade) now its just signature edition. plus the Juice Pack. All work well. No problems. Fl Studio 10 is very solid and stable on any Ubuntu based system. I use Tango Studio because IT has NO PULSE AUDIO!

Beans

First of all, I'm really new to Ubuntu... Just letting you guys know. But so far, I love Ubuntu, and the Ubuntu community and support is great.

I own FL Studio 10 and use it alot on Windows XP, so I tried the tutorial to install it on Ubuntu. I almost completed everything until I got to Step 4 about setting up Jack. It says Jack Control will be available in apps -> Multimedia... Where exactly does it mean? I looked under the Applications menu and found no 'Multimedia' or 'Jack Control'.

UPDATE: Nevermind. It's called Sound & Video not multimedia. But I am still having a tough time getting the sounds to work in FL Studio 10.

Help please?
    Last edited by Samuel Bauman; April 28th, 2011 at 05:33 AM.

Page 22 of 27 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast