Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: HOW-TO: FL Studio 9 in Ubuntu (using Wine)

Beans

Re: HOW-TO: FL Studio 9 in Ubuntu (using Wine)

Quote Originally Posted by BanannaButt View Post
    I'm a little new to Linux, and thanks to your help, I am very close to finally getting FL to work in Ubuntu.

For some reason, though, importing the regkey isn't working for me through regedit. The key IS valid: I had it up and running on my previous Windows installation. I see the regkeys in regedit too... FL just starts in the demo mode.

Is anyone else experiencing this problem? I'm using Ubuntu 9.10 on a Gateway FX p-7805u http://support.gateway.com/s/Mobile/...8/P-78nv.shtml.
    Haha, I figured it out...

NOTE TO ANYONE INTENDING TO RUN FL STUDIO: ADD THE REGKEY AS BOTH SUDO AND NORMALLY!!!

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by BanannaButt View Post
    I'm a little new to Linux, and thanks to your help, I am very close to finally getting FL to work in Ubuntu.

For some reason, though, importing the regkey isn't working for me through regedit. The key IS valid: I had it up and running on my previous Windows installation. I see the regkeys in regedit too... FL just starts in the demo mode.

Is anyone else experiencing this problem? I'm using Ubuntu 9.10 on a Gateway FX p-7805u http://support.gateway.com/s/Mobile/...8/P-78nv.shtml.
    NOTE FOR ALL USERS OF WINE:
    DO NOT EVER RUN WINE AS SUDO!!!

That is the true; sorry, but it really is that way.
    We don't want windowze viruses on Linux, you know?
    Last edited by falkTX; April 27th, 2010 at 02:36 PM.

Beans

Just some notes (ha!):

I was able to get FL9.1 running in Lucid, but with my Soundblaster PCI512 card Jack would not work with the Periods = 4 as recommended in the first post, which had to be set to 2. I'm using WineASIO 0.7.5 via Jack 0.118svn3796. ALSA (and Jack) thinks that my EMU XBoard49 has a USB audio card in it, but it doesn't, and this is somewhat annoying because I don't always have it On at startup, so the device numbers shift (hw:1 or hw:2). Pulseaudio is running, and Wine is routing through ALSA only. Realtime priority for Jack does not work (as noted in the first post) and so I am using the generic 2.6.32-22 kernel. GUI refreshes are painfully lagging the audio when FL is in Play -- this is using the proprietary NVidia driver 195.36.15 on a GEForce 6150, but this might be a CPU usage issue in FL. I did not try FL with the new open source nv video driver, but other Wine apps' GUIs were performing very poorly with it. Maybe these video issues are unique to this Wine, which is 1.1.43.

In general things are working okay, or at least they seem better than Karmic as I don't recall every getting FL to work there.

Bill
    CPU: 80286 @ 10Mhz; FPU: n/a; RAM: 256K, HD: 20 Meg
    Graphics: Monochrome; Power Supply: 100 W; Case: Yes/Open

Beans

at step 3 I get the following error:

Code:
    ------------------------------------------------------
    sha1sum mismatch!  Rename /home/cody/.winetrickscache/./times32.exe and try again.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by codyduncan View Post

Code:
    sha1sum mismatch!  Rename /home/cody/.winetrickscache/./times32.exe and try again.
    Not knowing the depths, as a general hint, the extra wine helper utilities,
    anything other than wine, libwine, and wineasio, may be the cause of bazaar
    problems. I would uninstall everything related to wine, make sure
    /usr/share/wine, and /home/user/.wine are gone, and then reinstall just
    wine, libwine, and wineasio.

If not installed, I add these downloadable .dll files to

/home/username/.wine/drive_c/windows/system32 to add compatibility with Zebra, and other windows apps/instruments:

gdiplus
    mfc42
    mfc71
    msvcp60
    msvcp71
    msvcr71
    msvcr80
    mscvsc60
    msvcp90
    msvcr90

Cheers

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by codyduncan View Post

Code:
    just delete that file:
    Code:
    rm /home/cody/.winetrickscache/./times32.exe
    and re-run that part again. no need to reinstall wine

Beans

have not tried this .. but definitelly will. If this is going to work ... my only reason for keeping WINDOZE is gone !! Am I dreaming ? ? ...

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Has anyone got their MiDi working in FL studio? The message about MIDImap.cgf being copied to the windows system directory keeps appearing...problem is that there isn't a midimap.cgf to copy because its not native windows. This config file is generated when windows first detects your sound setup...all of us haven't actually "installed" windows...so that part was skipped.

Ideas?
    "The box said 'For Windows 98 or better', So I loaded Linux"

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by MiCK.ca View Post
    Has anyone got their MiDi working in FL studio?
    I have my usb midi-keyboard working. I didn't actually had to do anything special for that, just followed instructions from the first post. It shows correctly in FL as USB Axiom 61 midi.

Beans

I noticed in the wine audio config dialog that alsa and oss have midi devices listed underneath them but JACK only has wave in and out - does wine not support jack midi at all? I can access my midi keyboard in FL when I tell wine to use alsa, but when I tell it to use JACK then of course it's not going to think anything's there. Does anyone have a solution for this? becuase I'd much rather use JACK so I can route wine output into ardour, and it's low latency, and realistically using a native app like lmms really isn't an option.

Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast