Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: (Linux Mint) hp deskjet d2660 issues.

Beans

Angry (Linux Mint) hp deskjet d2660 issues.

It is trying to literally print to pdf when I am asking it to do a standard printing job. Which in turn prints gibberish that is not what I was intending to get.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Re: (Linux Mint) hp deskjet d2660 issues.

when you push to print it should give you an option to either print to pdf or to your printer if it is hooked up. Does your computer see the printer?
    Our only ignorance is our own intelligence
    Linux Is not Windows | Atheros 5007 Wifi Chipset Hardy (8.04LTS) Install|
    Linux user number 479043 | Ubuntu User number is # 24065

Beans

did you install hpijs or hplip before installing the printer?
    Debian Testing(64bit) + XFCE4 AM2 5200+ ATI Radeon HD4350, 4gig RAM,320Gig and 750gig HDs

what's the difference between an answer and a solution? An answer is what they want to hear, a solution is what they don't want to hear

Beans

I installed the printer via hplip. Let me get you my configuration options. I build it from source.

Code:
    ./configure --enable-foomatic-rip-hplip-install --enable-hpijs-install --enable-dependency-tracking --enable-qt4 --enable-doc-build --disable-cups-ppd-install --disable-foomatic-drv-install --disable-foomatic-ppd-install  --disable-policykit --enable-cups-drv-install --enable-hpcups-install --enable-network-build --enable-dbus-build --enable-scan-build --enable-fax-build
    Install went fine. There was no screaming for dependences. The version of hplip is 2.9.8 that I installed. I think it is wanting to print to pdf instead of going through the pdf to ps process.

Beans

It is also giving me flashing lights at the moment. The little paper icon with the red arrow, and both of the ink leds are flashing. But I am pretty sure it isn't out of ink. And it has plenty of paper. o.o;; It was complaining of communication errors.

Beans

bump

Beans

bump

Beans

try opening CUPS ( http://localhost:631 ) and see if the printer is installed there. If it is, delete it and then readd it.
    Debian Testing(64bit) + XFCE4 AM2 5200+ ATI Radeon HD4350, 4gig RAM,320Gig and 750gig HDs

what's the difference between an answer and a solution? An answer is what they want to hear, a solution is what they don't want to hear

Beans

Printer was there on cups. It gives me blinking lights and doesn't do anything. No gibberish since I installed python-notify and policykit which hp-setup -g had been complaining about not having. Just blinking lights. On off button, add paper and ink carterage lights. Ink is new, paper is full, usb is connected.

Looked again at cups and it said in quotes
    /usr/lib/cups/backend/hp failed
    No idea what that means for me though.
    Last edited by verrlara; September 9th, 2009 at 06:05 AM.

Beans

Gave me gibberish again. The literal coding for a pdf document. It thinks it is a pdf printer when it should be converting to postscript I think? Is there anyway to tell it to print postscript and not think it is suppose to print pdf?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast