Thread: Login Problems w/ Kubuntu

Beans

Login Problems w/ Kubuntu

Sincere thanks to anyone who can help me crack this.

I loaded Ubuntu on an old laptop about a year ago, and added the KDE extension shortly afterwords. I was having fun in my windows-free world, especially when it came to downloading music and movies, and digitizing my vinyl.

Now, though, I can't log-in to Kubuntu. The login screen comes up with my username already entered, then I enter my pw, the screen goes blank, it acts like its trying to load, and I end up back at the login screen again!

Searches for this problem have yielded threads about similar problems (but not exactly the same), that stemmed from an over-loaded hard drive (which wouldn't surprise me considering the volume of music and movies I have on this thing). I'm able to login in console mode, but I haven't got the skills to successfully a) figure out how full the HD is, and if that's the actual problem or b) delete stuff I don't need.

Can someone give me some insight about this, and or feed me the linux commands that will allow me to operate?

Thanks in advance

Beans

Re: Login Problems w/ Kubuntu

Have a look at "Top 20 Kubuntu FAQs & Answers" on http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/inde...opic=3099811.0 . Scroll down to question #10.

Beans

Re: Login Problems w/ Kubuntu

PAYDIRT!

It took a bit of messing around, trial and error, but I'm back to a running system. Thanks for the help.