Quote Originally Posted by Buuntu View Post
I haven't had any luck so far with getting steam games to work on Wine. Steam starts up fine, but when I go to play any game, everything becomes incredibly slow and eventually crashes. I've installed the mstcorefonts, is there anything else I need to do?

Video card = Nvidia 7300 GS and I have installed the recommended proprietary drivers for it.
hi im new here but i know this video card i have the gigabyte 512mb version this particular card has a feature called "turbo cache"which I'm sure is good for "video" is no good for 3D stuff like games over a certain specification due to its design, it "borrows ram from system under load ,which seems to be what you are describing, i found this>>

• Graphics Card Performance This card's graphics processor and memory mean that it is not recommended for most games, but it will still be fine for office applications and other normal computing tasks. on this webpage>> http://reviews.cnet.com/graphics-car...-31877486.html although this is not the original page i saw before ditching my card for a 250gts its the ram sharing that sucks with gaming me thinks hope this helps