Thread: Installation CD problems

Beans

Installation CD problems

Okay, so I went to Ubuntu's website. I got the .iso from Georgia Tech. mirror. I burned it onto a 700mb CD and let the PC boot from the CD. As soon as I try to install it, it says Error Reading from Boot CD. Also, I tried wubi, but the executable starts no application.
    Last edited by ShokuMasterLord; September 5th, 2009 at 01:48 AM.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Re: Installation CD problems

when you downloaded the .iso, did you check your ubuntu copy's md5sum against Georgia tech's? if they dont match up exactly, that means you have a bad copy of ubuntu and you need to redownload. i suggest you download it again and check the md5sums before trying to install again.
    Toshiba Satellite L505-S5966/15.6" widescreen/Intel Pentium 2.0GHz/3GB RAM/320 HDD/Intel GMA4500
    Vista Home and Ubuntu 9.04 (Wubi)
    Linux User #494186/Ubuntu User #28536

Beans

I don't already have ubuntu; I'm installing it to replace Windows. So what mirror did you get yours from?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by ShokuMasterLord View Post
    I don't already have ubuntu; I'm installing it to replace Windows. So what mirror did you get yours from?
    wherever you get it from you still need to MD5SUM the iso. The result must match the Ubuntu hashes exactly. if even one character is off the iso is corrupted.

I would get the iso from a torrent as the download is verified from a torrent. They hardly ever mess up like a direct download will.

I know this may seem insulting, but we are not with you to see what you have done so far...did you burn the iso as an image to CD-R or did you just make a data burn?
    Last edited by presence1960; September 5th, 2009 at 05:46 AM.
    Multi-boot: Arch linux, Ubuntu 12.04, Windows 7 & Windows 8