Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Want to try Kubuntu and Xubuntu.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Re: Want to try Kubuntu and Xubuntu.

I believe the best way to "try out" any OS is what I have been doing - use Ubuntu 9.04 as base OS, keep it light, and use Virtual Box to create Virtual Machines of any OS you want to play with. Your virtual machines won't interfere with your Ubuntu installation and vice-versa. You would need lots of disk space, plus at least 2GB of RAM & a dual core CPU, but that's mainstream already and USB drives are pretty cheap now and VMs run fine off them, even 20GB - 40GB images.

Beans

Re: LXDE is awesome!

May I know how to get some startup apps to only strat in a certain session e.g GNOME?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Re: Want to try Kubuntu and Xubuntu.

Quote Originally Posted by mzzpxt View Post
    i believe the best way to "try out" any os is what i have been doing - use ubuntu 9.04 as base os, keep it light, and use virtual box to create virtual machines of any os you want to play with. Your virtual machines won't interfere with your ubuntu installation and vice-versa. You would need lots of disk space, plus at least 2gb of ram & a dual core cpu, but that's mainstream already and usb drives are pretty cheap now and vms run fine off them, even 20gb - 40gb images.
    +1

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12