Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: OSX on a Macbook in ubuntu.

Beans

OSX on a Macbook in ubuntu.

I asked how to install OS X in a Macbook running Ubuntu. My thread was shut down because "It is a violation of the OSX license so, as such, is not supported here."

According to Apples EULA: A. Single Use. This License allows you to install, use and run one (1) copy of the Apple Software on a single Apple-labeled computer at a time.

My question was (I will restate) how to install OS X (One Copy of Apple software) with virtual box on a single Apple-labeled MacBook Computer.

I thus believe that my thread should be reopened since it does not, in fact, violate the OS X License.

Beans

Re: OSX on a Macbook in ubuntu.

I would also like to point out that the EULA is only applicable in the United States. The EULA is not valid in EU because laws consider valid only contracts "signed" before buy and since the headquarters for Canonical ltd. is in the United Kingdom I find this absurd that the english forums Are not specific to America.

Either way, as far as Im concerned, that point doesn't matter since I am not breaking the EULA anyways.

I also would like to know where in the eula or law what law it is written to not discuss it?

Beans

Post your query on the Apple site . They will advise you.

An alternative is install OSX on your Mac and run Ubuntu in Parallels.
    This account is not active.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

As I have politely explained to you now in PM, we do not support this activity on these forums.

I am sorry you do not agree with out interpretation. Yes you may feel you are not bound by the lisence because you are in the EU, that is your choice. We feel we are a support site for Ubuntu and we do not want this site shut down because of potential conflicts on this issue.

Please respect our decision and move to a more appropriate support venue.

Your options are to contact Apple, use an OSX forums, or perhaps the Virtualbox forums.

Best of luck to you.
    Last edited by bodhi.zazen; September 2nd, 2009 at 09:10 PM.
    There are two mistakes one can make along the road to truth...not going all the way, and not starting.
    --Prince Gautama Siddharta

#ubuntuforums web interface

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by KiwiNZ View Post
    Post your query on the Apple site . They will advise you.

An alternative is install OSX on your Mac and run Ubuntu in Parallels.
    My request was for it to be reopened in this forum. I am not a member of Apples forum nor do I intend to be nor do I think I should have to be in order to talk about something I legally can in this forum.

Also, I don't care for OS X. I care for windows even less. I am only attempting to reinstall it for the rare occasions when I have to. I think the Mach kernel is absurd, HFS+ is a poor file system. Installing OSX with ubuntu in a virtual machine would be completely counter productive for me and dare I say, the exact opposite of what I wanted to do?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by bodhi.zazen View Post
    As I have politely explained to you now in PM, we do not support this activity on these forums.

Your options are to contact Apple, use an OSX forums, or perhaps the Virtualbox forums.

Best of luck to you.
    You explained you do not support breaking the EULA. Which I pointed out already I did not do. I have yet to be given a reason why my thread was closed down other then "We do not support it".

Heck, I would have even taken an impolite reason if that means anything?

Beans

We are not about to get into a legal discussion regarding the Apple EULA . You can talk to your lawyer re this.

We have stated that your discussion is not permitted on these forums .
    This account is not active.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

As I have started several times, both here, on the thread, and in my PM to you we feel your request is a violation of the EULA.

I am sorry you disagree with that decision but this has been several times among the staff and I do not see our position on this issue changing for the foreseeable future.

We have provided you with several alternate suggestions for support, it is your choice to use them or not.

Again good luck to you.
    There are two mistakes one can make along the road to truth...not going all the way, and not starting.
    --Prince Gautama Siddharta

#ubuntuforums web interface

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by bodhi.zazen View Post
    As I have started several times, both here, on the thread, and in my PM to you we feel your request is a violation of the EULA.

I am sorry you disagree with that decision but this has been several times among the staff and I do not see our position on this issue changing for the foreseeable future.

We have provided you with several alternate suggestions for support, it is your choice to use them or not.

Again good luck to you.
    >>As I have started several times, both here, on the thread, and in my PM to you we feel your request is a violation of the EULA.

>We feel

Oh, I see, LOL. I guess we feel a lot of things and whatever we feel is law. Regardless of reason or logic. My apologies. That must be why I never got any reason or the logic behind it.

Beans

I also like how the person who I disagreed with, which lead me to the resolution center refers to the staff of the resolution center as "we".

Kinda like getting assaulted, going to court and the person who assaulted you saying "well, we feel you where not assaulted" and you can't find any judge or jury anywhere in sight. Then they fine you for feeling you where assaulted.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast