Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 156

Thread: Linguistic survey on ubuntuforums.org

  1. #101
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Beans
    Hidden!

    Re: Linguistic survey on ubuntuforums.org

    I couldn't find my mother tongue. How can I participate in the survey?

  2. #102
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Beans
    1

    Re: Linguistic survey on ubuntuforums.org

    Quote Originally Posted by praveesh View Post
    I couldn't find my mother tongue. How can I participate in the survey?
    That is unfortunate, sorry! What is your mother tongue?

    I took an already existing list from a python module, which looked fairly complete to me. But I think I can add your mother tongue to this if you have a look at this list and tell me which ISO 639-1 code is the correct one: http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-2/php/code_list.php

    Thanks!

  3. #103
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Outer Shpongolia
    Beans
    Hidden!

    Smile Re: Linguistic survey on ubuntuforums.org

    hey man interesting survey, it'll be nice to see the results. best of luck with the thesis. Il be watching the postbox
    What arrests my attention...
    is the fact, that this space is inhabited.

  4. #104
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Beans
    1

    Re: Linguistic survey on ubuntuforums.org

    Quote Originally Posted by DillByrne View Post
    hey man interesting survey, it'll be nice to see the results. best of luck with the thesis. Il be watching the postbox
    Thanks! Just watch this thread

  5. #105
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Beans
    Hidden!

    Re: Linguistic survey on ubuntuforums.org

    Quote Originally Posted by aguafuertes View Post
    That is unfortunate, sorry! What is your mother tongue?

    I took an already existing list from a python module, which looked fairly complete to me. But I think I can add your mother tongue to this if you have a look at this list and tell me which ISO 639-1 code is the correct one: http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-2/php/code_list.php

    Thanks!
    My mother tongue is malayalam. The iso 639-1 code is ml .


    Malayalam is an Indian language and is included by default in the Ubuntu installation .

    Thanks .
    Last edited by praveesh; September 11th, 2009 at 07:56 PM.

  6. #106
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Beans
    Hidden!

    Re: Linguistic survey on ubuntuforums.org

    Quote Originally Posted by aguafuertes View Post
    That is unfortunate, sorry! What is your mother tongue?

    I took an already existing list from a python module, which looked fairly complete to me. But I think I can add your mother tongue to this if you have a look at this list and tell me which ISO 639-1 code is the correct one: http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-2/php/code_list.php

    Thanks!
    For politeness sake you might include an option for cryptolects as a mother-tongue. It is bad enough that distinct languages with unique conventions and demonstrable history are relegated to cryptolect status in the first place by academia... But that's all I will say on that subject

    Nice survey.

  7. #107
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Porirua, New Zealand
    Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

    Re: Linguistic survey on ubuntuforums.org

    Interesting survey..... most of the posts I didn't have a problem with.
    Good luck collating the results - along with the others who have expressed an interest I'll be watching!
    Forum DOs and DON'Ts
    Never assume that information you find using a search engine is up-to-date.

  8. #108
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Beans
    1

    Re: Linguistic survey on ubuntuforums.org

    Quote Originally Posted by praveesh View Post
    My mother tongue is malayalam. The iso 639-1 code is ml .

    Malayalam is an Indian language and is included by default in the Ubuntu installation .

    Thanks .
    Thanks for the feedback, I included Malayalam in the survey! Great to see how many different languages there are spoken in the community

  9. #109
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Beans
    1

    Re: Linguistic survey on ubuntuforums.org

    Quote Originally Posted by aesis05401 View Post
    For politeness sake you might include an option for cryptolects as a mother-tongue.
    If someone convincingly asks for this, I'd actually do so - no need to limit people's identities in my own survey

    Quote Originally Posted by aesis05401 View Post
    Nice survey.
    Thanks!

  10. #110
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Beans
    1

    Re: Linguistic survey on ubuntuforums.org

    Quote Originally Posted by lisati View Post
    Interesting survey..... most of the posts I didn't have a problem with.
    Good luck collating the results - along with the others who have expressed an interest I'll be watching!
    Thanks! Really hope that I manage to compile meaningful results - but the responses so far have been great, so chances are quite good

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •