Thread: Lexmark 1380 /Third Party software/ WArning Update

Beans

Question Lexmark 1380 /Third Party software/ WArning Update

Hallo guys, i'm new ubuntu 9.04 gnome 2.26.1 user, my problems are , ive got a printer Lexmark Z1380 , i nstalled the driver but the system is showing me a different printer Lexmark Z12...first i didnt have any prooblem with it but when i try to print it doesnt work, please help

Other one: i deleted all my third party software list , i dont know anymore which one was. Do i need them
    for update ? Pease help.

next one: when i try to update my system i get this message
    warning : you are about to install software that cant be autheticated ,doing this could allow a malicions individual to damage or take control of your system. I dont know what to do. help please

thank u for your time.

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: Lexmark 1380 /Third Party software/ WArning Update

warning : you are about to install software that cant be autheticated ,doing this could allow a malicions individual to damage or take control of your system. I dont know what to do. help please

this is a standard message when downloading third party software. as long as your using trusted sites your good to go.

i deleted all my third party software list , i dont know anymore which one was. Do i need them
    for update ? Pease help

they are needed, but really don't need to worry about rebuilding your list just yet. if you go to a site thats not on the list you will be informed of this and will then need to reenter it and possibly key code if you erase that too...

Beans

this is a standard message when downloading third party software. as long as your using trusted sites your good to go.

if you go to a site thats not on the list you will be informed of this and will then need to reenter it and possibly key code if you erase that too...
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I deleted all my third party software list i dont have any anymore , can u suggest me some that are trustful.

thank u

Beans
    Hidden!

here's one of many that i trust

http://appnr.com/

what software are you looking for?