Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: HOWTO: Install and use a Creative X-Fi card with full 5.1 support

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Re: HOWTO: Install and use a Creative X-Fi card with full 5.1 support

Quote Originally Posted by TRANQU111TY View Post
    Also I have sound in Youtube but not in movie player. How can I fix this?
    I solved this. I went to System >> Preferences >> Sound. Chose under Devices >> Music and Movies - Sound playback: Creative X-Fi 20K1 Unknown Front/WaveIn (ALSA).

Works fine now.

Although I couldn't get my Skype to work with the X-Fi, I now use my speakers only on the X-Fi and my headphone unit on my on-board sound. It's great because I don't need to unplug and reconnect my leads any more.
    System: Pentium D 805 @ 2.98 GHZ Stock voltage/cooling | ATI X1900XT 512MB | 2GB (1GBx2) Corsair Value Select 8-3-3-3 | Creative X-Fi XtremeMusic | Abit IL8 |160 + 80GB WD
    Monitor: Viewsonic 22"
    Printer: hp LaserJet 1000 Series

Beans

i did all that you said Lantizia and i tried the sound test and only get her giving me front left (slight pause) front right... and that is all... i tried what others have said that they did but still get nothing else but those two... if you were here you might look at my computer to see if it is connected properly or something but all looks good to me at the moment.

any suggestions would be appreciated cause i am really trying to get my headset with microphone working so i can use ventrilo for gaming.

i am also using ubuntu 9.04 amd64 with creative x-fi xtreme music... also on a asus m3a78-em board phenom 9950 and 8gb ram
    Oh life SUX when you actually "need" windows ... WoW works great on ubuntu 9.10 with the newest beta wine 1.1.40

Beans

now my vlc won't run... that is my favorite player yet xine works... go figure
    Oh life SUX when you actually "need" windows ... WoW works great on ubuntu 9.10 with the newest beta wine 1.1.40

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by Rrasyrogenees View Post
    only get her giving me front left (slight pause) front right... and that is all
    Sounds like you haven't unmuted center, side, and rear.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Just to note if your using Wine also with the new ALSA drivers to put Sound Acceleration as "Emulation" instead of "Hardware" otherwise you get sound stutters.
    AMD Phenom x6 1090t @ 4ghz | Geforce GTX 275 896mb | 8GB G.Skill DDR3 1600 RAM | 4 x 1tb WDD Drives & 500gb WDD Drive | Auzentech Prelude X-Fi | 2 x BENQ 2200HD LCDs | Ubuntu 12.04

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by xenogia View Post
    Just to note if your using Wine also with the new ALSA drivers to put Sound Acceleration as "Emulation" instead of "Hardware" otherwise you get sound stutters.
    OMG, I've not tested this but it would explain alot!

Thanks xenogia, will try this when I get home... have been blaming Crossover so far for this!

I take it this is some kind of option in winecfg?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Quote Originally Posted by Lantizia View Post
    OMG, I've not tested this but it would explain alot!

Thanks xenogia, will try this when I get home... have been blaming Crossover so far for this!

I take it this is some kind of option in winecfg?
    Correct under the Sound Tab, the option is at the bottom of the window.
    AMD Phenom x6 1090t @ 4ghz | Geforce GTX 275 896mb | 8GB G.Skill DDR3 1600 RAM | 4 x 1tb WDD Drives & 500gb WDD Drive | Auzentech Prelude X-Fi | 2 x BENQ 2200HD LCDs | Ubuntu 12.04

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Is there anyway possible to output 44.1 rather than 96 ? its baffling me

Beans

I followed all the steps as mentioned in the post 1, and the sound works. but its stuttering and a regular beeping sound is added to the sound of the video being played. A little more googling told me that the pulse audio drivers could be the cause. I have removed all the pulse audio drivers and rebooted, but still the problem.

Kernvel v. 2.6.28-15-generic
    Last edited by asifraj; September 10th, 2009 at 06:36 PM.

Beans

Wow, awesome post. Thanks very much. This helped me a lot.

Tips for noobies like me, paste each line of code (found in the second text box of step one) one at a time. I actually just cut and paste all the commands and pasted them in the terminal. That does not work. Obviously i have a lot to learn.

Again, great info and thanks.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast