Page 166 of 169 FirstFirst ... 66116156164165166167168 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,660 of 1689

Thread: HOW TO: Set up the HP TX2z and Dell XT & XT2 (N-trig digitizer) in Ubuntu

Beans

Re: HOW TO: Set up the HP TX2z and Dell XT & XT2 (N-trig digitizer) in Ubuntu

Hi again, finaly i come back to 11.04. newest version cause a lot problems in my tx2.

There is not any wishes.xml file in /etc

Quote Originally Posted by Favux View Post
    In your ginn wishes.xml file in /etc do you see this line?
    Code:
    <action name="action1" when="update">
    for each "wish"? Instead of?
    Code:
    <action name="action1">
    The second line is the old syntax.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Sorry, my mistake. It should read /etc/ginn/wishes.xml.

Beans

That is an short cut of this file. is not complete, only the begining

<ginn>
    <global>
    <!-- Application control -->
    <wish gesture="Drag" fingers="2">
    <action name="action5" when="update">
    <trigger prop="delta y" min="20" max="80"/>
    <key>Down</key>
    </action>
    </wish>
    <wish gesture="Drag" fingers="2">
    <action name="action6" when="update">
    <trigger prop="delta y" min="-80" max="-20"/>
    <key>Up</key>
    </action>
    </wish>

<!-- Windows control -->
    <wish gesture="Pinch" fingers="3">
    <trigger prop="radius delta" min="-200" max="-40"/>
    <key modifier1="Alt_L">F10</key>
    </action>
    </wish>
    <wish gesture="Pinch" fingers="3">
    <trigger prop="radius delta" min="40" max="200"/>
    <key modifier1="Alt_L">F10</key>
    </action>
    </wish>

<!-- System wide - control desktop -->
    <wish gesture="Tap" fingers="4">
    <trigger prop="tap time" min="20" max="400"/>
    <key modifier1="Super_L">E</key>
    </action>
    </wish>
    <wish gesture="Pinch" fingers="4">
    <action name="action4" when="update">
    <trigger prop="radius delta" min="-80" max="-50"/>
    <key modifier1="Super_L">W</key>
    </action>
    </wish>
    <wish gesture="Drag" fingers="4">
    <action name="action3" when="finish">
    <trigger prop="delta x" min="40" max="600"/>
    <key modifier1="Control_L" modifier2="Alt_L">Left</key>
    </action>
    </wish>
    <wish gesture="Drag" fingers="4">
    <action name="action4" when="finish">
    <trigger prop="delta x" min="-600" max="-40"/>
    <key modifier1="Control_L" modifier2="Alt_L">Right</key>
    </action>
    </wish>
    </global>

As i write post after, iḿ finaly confort whit 11.04. I wold like to asociate some cliks of 2, 3 or 4 fingues to manage the windows control like a show desktop panel or ring switcher.

Thanks.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

I've been having hardware trouble with my latitude XT. So I haven't really been able to use it to recreate the reported problems with touch getting stuck.

Has anyone else made any progress?

Beans

more info about ginn in my hp tx2 whith 11.04

Ginn is working, because i can usu two finger to up and down, and when i touch the screen whit three or four fingers, the active windows change de sixe of it.

I triying to change (modifing wishes.xml) the way ginn reconize the touch or gestures, but nothing change.

Any idea about what i make wrong?

Also what is the diferent betwen pinch and tap?

Thanks

Beans

Hi, I'm really new to linux so I decided to try ubuntu 12.10 on my old HP touchsmart tx2 laptop.
    One big problem is the wireless switch (light) is off doesn't turn when I turn it.
    I did some research and found some solution but I live in a dorm so I can't go plug my laptop to a router with ethernet cable.
    Is there anything I can do to fix this? I really like it but I don't have an internet access .
    Thank you

Forgot to mention that the chip is Broadcom BCM4312
    Is there a way to fix this without wired internet?

Beans

hi Anon.

Two, thinks.
    12.10 in hp tx2 is very inestable at touchscreen. I recomend you to use 11.04, is actualy no suported, but, is the most stable version for this computer.

For wifi, instal privative drivers, and later istal wicd. That´s all.

Beans

Hi all.

Could some one with some knowledge of these things tell if I'm seeing normal behavior with my n-trig duoSense touchscreen.

When I start up evtest and touch the screen, I get a constant stream of data displayed while I touch the screen without moving my finger. On lifting my finger off the screen, evtest reports ABS_MT_TOUCH_MAJOR, ABS_MT_TOUCH_MINOR, BTN_TOOL_DOUBLETAP and then BTN_TOUCH.

When I drag a finger across the screen I see exactly the same result. It would appear to me that the driver does not work correctly. Should I see a constant stream of data even when I don't move my finger? Or should it register a BTN_TOUCH value 1 and then BTN_TOUCH value 0 as my mouse does and only show a constant stream of data when I move my finger across the screen.

I'm using the standard kernel module that comes with standard kernel version 3.6.0. I tried compiling the latest module listed on here for my kernel version, but it wouldn't load. I have no idea what firmware version my screen is, as the firmware tool doesn't work for me giving no return result. And I don't own or have a version of windows anywhere near my house.

All I can tell you is that my vendorID is 1b96 and the prodID = 0007.

The screen is a 10" LG LVDS LCD with an usb n-trig touch screen combined. xinput sees a touchscreen, pen and multitouch.

The touchscreen seems to work ok, but many apps are just confused by the data it keeps sending out registering everything as a drag event. It just doesn't seem right to me?

Best Regards
    to all.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by RawMustard View Post
    Hi all.

Could some one with some knowledge of these things tell if I'm seeing normal behavior with my n-trig duoSense touchscreen.

When I start up evtest and touch the screen, I get a constant stream of data displayed while I touch the screen without moving my finger. On lifting my finger off the screen, evtest reports ABS_MT_TOUCH_MAJOR, ABS_MT_TOUCH_MINOR, BTN_TOOL_DOUBLETAP and then BTN_TOUCH.

When I drag a finger across the screen I see exactly the same result. It would appear to me that the driver does not work correctly. Should I see a constant stream of data even when I don't move my finger? Or should it register a BTN_TOUCH value 1 and then BTN_TOUCH value 0 as my mouse does and only show a constant stream of data when I move my finger across the screen.
    The constant stream of events is normal. That version of the driver is using the older MT protocol. In that protocol, a pause in the stream indicates termination of contact (instead of a specific button release event).

The BTN_TOUCH, ABS_X, ABS_Y, etc events are standard absolute pointer events, which only send updates when a particular item changes value. Hence, just the single BTN_TOUCH events at the start and end of the stream.

As long as the events stop when you're not touching the screen, that's normal.

I for some reason you want a version which uses the newer protocol, that can be arranged. But realistically it's sensitive enough that you probably still see a near constant stream reporting minute changes.

Beans

I have Ubuntu 12.10 installed on an HP Tx2z and I'm interested in getting touchscreen and rotation installed on this machine. Just a few days ago I got AMD Catalyst installed which made a big improvement, my stylus now works in apps such as Pinta & Mypaint. However from reading this thread it looks like the touchscreen will hard to install on 12.10 and I will have to downgrade. I really don't want to do that at this point as my setup is actually quite stable now, any chance at all that I would be able to get touchscreen on 12.10 in the reasonably near future? If not then (sigh) I guess I could reinstall with 12.04 or whatever is best. I an open to suggestions.

Page 166 of 169 FirstFirst ... 66116156164165166167168 ... LastLast