Page 154 of 169 FirstFirst ... 54104144152153154155156164 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,540 of 1689

Thread: HOW TO: Set up the HP TX2z and Dell XT & XT2 (N-trig digitizer) in Ubuntu

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Re: HOW TO: Set up the HP TX2z and Dell XT & XT2 (N-trig digitizer) in Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by Ayuthia View Post
    Yes, that does sound like it might be an issue with xrandr. What graphics card do you have and do you know which graphics driver you are using?
    Following output:
    Code:
    $ lspci |grep VGA
    01:05.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc Radeon Xpress 1250
    It is on the actual radeon driver.
    As for your information that you provided, it looks correct. When you say that touch is partially working, does it mean that when you touch the screen it sometimes will jump to another point? If that is the case, I think that is a bug with the evdev driver.
    When I touch the screen, then, indeed, the cursor jumps sometimes to another point than I touched. This behavior follows no rules.
    As for the stylus, it does look like it is using the wacom driver and currently there is a bug with the wacom driver where the left and right are inverted. Favux has sent in a patch for it. When I have a chance, I will post a workaround for it or post the link to the workaround that someone here has posted.
    I added the patch to magick-rotation 1.4 -> rotate.py, now the stylus works perfectly after rotation to left/right. Thanks for this!
    But in combination with an external rotation script, there are still problems. Touch works again partially and the stylus is not transformed correctly.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by wildschweini View Post
    Following output:
    Code:
    $ lspci |grep VGA
    01:05.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc Radeon Xpress 1250
    It is on the actual radeon driver.
    I will see if I can duplicate that on my tablet. I have been using the fglrx driver lately because of heating issues.

When I touch the screen, then, indeed, the cursor jumps sometimes to another point than I touched. This behavior follows no rules.
    If I remember correctly, the cursor usually jumps around in a rectangle around the point where you touch. When the evdev driver is rotated left or right, it appears that it is making the cursor jump in all four rotation points instead of just the actutal point.

I added the patch to magick-rotation 1.4 -> rotate.py, now the stylus works perfectly after rotation to left/right. Thanks for this!
    But in combination with an external rotation script, there are still problems. Touch works again partially and the stylus is not transformed correctly.
    Great! I am glad that the workaround helps.

What is the external rotation script rotating? If you need an additional rotation script, it might be better to remove the xrandr out of that script and add it the the Advanced Setup in Magick-Rotation. That way the xrandr is only called once and the two scripts are not competing against each other.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by Ayuthia View Post
    If I remember correctly, the cursor usually jumps around in a rectangle around the point where you touch. When the evdev driver is rotated left or right, it appears that it is making the cursor jump in all four rotation points instead of just the actutal point.
    It is not a rectangle AROUND the point I touch but the point of touch is one of the rectangle's points. The side lengths of the rectangle differs from one touch to the other and there is no clear conclusion about why, for example, the rotation point of the rectangle is not located in the middle of the screen.

What is the external rotation script rotating? If you need an additional rotation script, it might be better to remove the xrandr out of that script and add it the the Advanced Setup in Magick-Rotation. That way the xrandr is only called once and the two scripts are not competing against each other.
    The external script looks like this:
    Code:
    #!/bin/sh 
    rotation="$(xrandr -q --verbose | grep 'connected' | egrep -o  '\) (normal|left|inverted|right) \(' | egrep -o '(normal|left|inverted|right)')" 

case "$rotation" in 
        normal) 
    #    -rotate to the left 
        xrandr -o left
        xinput set-prop "N-Trig MultiTouch" "Coordinate Transformation Matrix" 0, -1, 1, 1, 0, 0, 0, 0, 1
        xinput set-prop "N-Trig Pen stylus" "Coordinate Transformation Matrix" 0, -1, 1, 1, 0, 0, 0, 0, 1
        ;;
    I use this to rotate the screen when I do not need the inverted mode (have it on one of the buttons at the screen). This can also be the case when the screen is already rotated to inverted mode by magick. A possible workaround would be to
    Code:
     pkill magick
    and after executing the script to call magick again.

Beans
    Distro

Soooooo, installation of 11.04 is silky smooth, everything is working out of the box. But... the Wi-Fi is useless since the electromagnetic interference ruin the touch-screen experience... Don’t know how to fix that. (There is only short-term solution. Calibrating the N-Trig after each reboot... And that’s extremely annoying). For now I’m switching to Fedora 15, because the Gnome 3 (its useless with Ubuntu/XUbuntu) is the best touch-friendly desktop environment out there and I don’t really like the Mint or that Germany based OpenSUSE (+ since I don’t really use the Broadcom Wi-Fi I don’t care about the missing Fedora drivers...)

BTW
    If anyone knows how to fix that Wi-Fi interference problem please respond! I’m really sad that it doesn’t work...

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Redi46464 View Post
    Soooooo, installation of 11.04 is silky smooth, everything is working out of the box. But... the Wi-Fi is useless since the electromagnetic interference ruin the touch-screen experience... Don’t know how to fix that. (There is only short-term solution. Calibrating the N-Trig after each reboot... And that’s extremely annoying). For now I’m switching to Fedora 15, because the Gnome 3 (its useless with Ubuntu/XUbuntu) is the best touch-friendly desktop environment out there and I don’t really like the Mint or that Germany based OpenSUSE (+ since I don’t really use the Broadcom Wi-Fi I don’t care about the missing Fedora drivers...)

BTW
    If anyone knows how to fix that Wi-Fi interference problem please respond! I’m really sad that it doesn’t work...
    The Broadcom WiFi works also in Fedora 15 and it has also this ghost-clicks issue. But unlike Ubuntu I don't know how to recalibrate the Touchscreen in Fedora 15.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by LordDeath86 View Post
    The Broadcom WiFi works also in Fedora 15 and it has also this ghost-clicks issue. But unlike Ubuntu I don't know how to recalibrate the Touchscreen in Fedora 15.
    In 64bit Fedora 15 I cant install the driver for this Broadcom because its only 32bit package... Maybe its only BETA issue...

I cant figure out one thing. How the hell is possible that in Windows you don’t have any ghost-clicks??

Beans

http://fedoramobile.org/fc-wireless/...nux-sta-driver I used the akmod method and it works without any problems. And don't forget to add the RPMFusion repo at first.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by LordDeath86 View Post
    http://fedoramobile.org/fc-wireless/...nux-sta-driver I used the akmod method and it works without any problems. And don't forget to add the RPMFusion repo at first.
    Thanks

Now I’m trying to downgrade to the original single-touch (who cares that its single-touch, the multi-touch is useless on Linux ...) firmware (because it worked ). I will post the results later.

Beans
    Distro

Ok, everything (except multi-touch) is working after downgrading. Even if Wi-Fi is installed...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Hi everyone,

Magick Rotation v. 1.4 is released! It adds support for Natty Narwhal: https://launchpad.net/magick-rotation

The patch to fix cw and ccw rotation (portrait mode) has been accepted by the Linux Wacom Project but not yet pushed to the xf86-input-wacom git repository. As soon as it is you'll be able to clone the repository to get a xf86-input-wacom version that handles portrait rotation correctly. A FAQ will be added for this.

Page 154 of 169 FirstFirst ... 54104144152153154155156164 ... LastLast