Page 74 of 169 FirstFirst ... 2464727374757684124 ... LastLast

Thread: HOW TO: Set up the HP TX2z and Dell XT & XT2 (N-trig digitizer) in Ubuntu

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: HOW TO: Set up the HP TX2z and Dell XT & XT2 (N-trig digitizer) in Ubuntu

Did you install it using Ubuntu or win7??

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by mcoleman44 View Post
    Did you install it using Ubuntu or win7??
    I used win7. I have never tried doing it through Linux.

Beans
    Distro

So is there going to be a firmware for 32 bit?

Beans

Five fingers to four... hmm, we seem to be missing a finger.

Just one though.

A week ago I found that re-installing the 2.184 firmware got rid of "jitter" in the "jitter free" setup I was so pleased with, it seems perhaps the previous installation did not complete properly or perhaps the n-trig firmware was knocked off track by [cosmic rays, quantuum uncertainty, divine intervention --> pick one] ?

Beans
    Distro

So is there going to be a firmware for 32 bit?
    I am sure that they will, but if it was like the previous version it could be a while.

Beans
    Distro

Could we by any chance try using this link to configure multi-touch and stylus?http://www.lii-enac.fr/en/projects/s...org-howto.html

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by mcoleman44 View Post
    Could we by any chance try using this link to configure multi-touch and stylus?http://www.lii-enac.fr/en/projects/s...org-howto.html
    The one that Carlos Garnacho has created is a good example to try.

The one that comes from ENAC is also a good example to work with. Their multitouchd example was good to use, but you have to be careful about how many points you create. I was testing out four fingers and my system crashed badly enough (not because of their coding, but most likely because I overdid the CPU and the firmware went nuts), that the touchscreen did not work in Linux and Windows did not recognize the hardware. Fortunately, I was able to fix it inside Windows and reinstall the firmware.

Beans
    Distro

I figured something else out with the touch on rotate. When I try to drag a window it goes where I want it while my finger is on the screen but when I release my finger the window goes to the opposite of wherever I dragged it.

Its not really touch thats rotating. When Im using my finger its actually mttouch thats working. Touch is also listed under xsetwacom but as far as I can tell it isn't really being used.

So I guess my question is could this be the problem. If it was touch that was working instead of mttouch would I still have this problem?

If I try the link you posted will I need to remove all that we've done so far?

Beans
    Distro

Not sure if this has to do with me updating my firmware or not but I dont have any results when I run hidraw0 or hidraw2, only hidraw1. Im not sure if this is because of the firmware update or because Im using the 2-5-10 .ko instead of the 2-16-10. I switched because I thought it might fix my touch on rotate problem.

When I try to turn off mttouch using;
    Code:
    xsetwacom set mttouch mttouch off
    I get this;
    Code:
    Set: Unknown parameter 'mttouch'
    mcoleman44@ubuntu-mcoleman44:~$
    So Im thinking that my also be behind its irregularities when I rotate it.

I can however turn mttouch off if I use:
    Code:
    xsetwacom set mttouch Touch 0
    Last edited by mcoleman44; March 5th, 2010 at 09:43 AM.

Beans
    Distro

Just found out something very cool. I have the desktop cube on a nd It is supposed to rotate when I right click on the right hand side of the desktop. I just found out that if I put two fingers in the middle of the desktop then it does what it would do if I was right clicking on the right hand of the screen. It will only do it with two or more fingers. If you just use one nothing happens. If I put two fingers or more on the screen it gives me a view of the cube, I can then release all but one finger and use it to spin the cube around! Its pretty awesome to be honest.

But thats only on the desktop. If you have a window open it doesnt work.

Not sure if this is because of the 2-5-10 .ko or if its just a multi-touch feature I didnt know about.
    Last edited by mcoleman44; March 5th, 2010 at 10:05 AM.

Page 74 of 169 FirstFirst ... 2464727374757684124 ... LastLast