Page 53 of 169 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103153 ... LastLast

Thread: HOW TO: Set up the HP TX2z and Dell XT & XT2 (N-trig digitizer) in Ubuntu

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

Re: HOW TO: Set up the HP TX2z and Dell XT & XT2 (N-trig digitizer) in Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by fa225909 View Post
    Hmm .... You'll probably think I'm stupid but .... where is the attached xorg.conf ??

EDIT: Do you mean the one attached in the first post ?
    Oops. I meant to attach it. I instead placed it at another site because I did not feel like renaming the file so that it would work here. Please download this file.

Beans

hm ... nevermind ... I actually tried with the xorg.conf attached in the first post of this thread, it seems to work properly

For any reasons, should I use this one ?

Beans
    Distro

hm ... nevermind ... I actually tried with the xorg.conf attached in the first post of this thread, it seems to work properly

For any reasons, should I use this one ?
    Nope. If all is working, I wouldn't bother.

EDIT: By any chance, is the sound working now? If not, did you ever modify your /etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base.conf so that the device is using toshiba:
    Code:
    options snd-hda-intel model=toshiba
    Also as a side note, Lucid does have the updated alsa driver (1.0.22.x) that gets the HP tx2 sound to work out of the box and also makes the SPDIF connection work now!
    Last edited by Ayuthia; February 11th, 2010 at 01:53 AM.

Beans

It seems compiz-fusion isn't working anymore, do you know how I can reactivate it ?

Do you know how to right click with the touch ?

the how-to for the sound doesn't work for me ....

EDIT : I did it for the sound, but it doesn't work

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by Nphyx View Post
    I got rafiyr's drivers working with hal instead of xorg.conf. Here's all the info:

Kernel: 2.6.31-19-generic
    Architecture86_64
    Distro: Kubuntu 9.10
    N-Trig firmware: Vista/factory default

Steps:
    • remove/comment out file at /usr/share/hal/fdi/policy/20thirdparty/11-x11-synaptics.fdi
    Instead of removing it, you might add:
    Code:
    <match key="info.product" contains="Synaptics">
    and add the </match> to the end after the last </match>
    That way, the driver can still be used, but it will only attach to the mouse touchpad and not the touchscreen.

Some strange things that still don't add up for me:

Code:
    $xsetwacom list dev
    CNF8038     stylus
    There's that strange CNF8038 device again, and "touch" isn't listed as it was when using xorg.conf.
    What does xinput --list show for them? I am guessing that it is showing the CNF8038 also. Have you tried changing the name to touch instead of "N-Trig Pen"?
    Edit: Oh thanks for that lshal script btw, helped a lot in figuring out what was going on while I was experimenting.
    I am glad it helped! I was inspired by dyslexia from this post.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Ayuthia View Post
    Lucid does have the updated alsa driver (1.0.22.x) that gets the HP tx2 sound to work out of the box and also makes the SPDIF connection work now!
    Actually I don't use SPDIF out, but I will try it to see if the sound works with it

Beans
    Distro

It seems compiz-fusion isn't working anymore, do you know how I can reactivate it ?

Do you know how to right click with the touch ?

the how-to for the sound doesn't work for me ....

EDIT : I did it for the sound, but it doesn't work
    I am not for sure about the compiz-fusion part because I don't use it, sorry. I have just stuck with the basic desktop-effects in KDE.

As for the right-click with the touch, there are no gestures out there for it yet. I am currently rewriting my ntrig driver and might attempt to add that to it.

With the sound, have you confirmed in alsamixer that the Master and PCM levels are up and not muted?

Beans

Yes it's not a problem of volume, actually it seems it doesn't find any hardware to configure !! I installed drivers 1.0.22

Beans

for compiz : problem solved, the fglrx driver has been somehow disabled, but I reenabled it and it works now

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Hi Nphyx,

Great work! So Rafi's new driver is working in Karmic.

We have to get rotation fixed.

Ayuthia's right and 'xinput --list' along with 'xsetwacom list' would be a help. Looks like just a minor modification to your .fdi. Something like the attached.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Favux; February 11th, 2010 at 06:00 AM.

Page 53 of 169 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103153 ... LastLast