Page 18 of 169 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868118 ... LastLast

Thread: HOW TO: Set up the HP TX2z and Dell XT & XT2 (N-trig digitizer) in Ubuntu

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Karmic Koala (testing)

Re: HOW TO: Set up the HP TX2z and Dell XT & XT2 (N-trig digitizer) in Ubuntu

weel, here we go...

I modify the device to the correct, remove the eraser part and reboot.
    in the GDM I touch the screen, and the mouse moved, but stop and don't work anymore.
    now when I open wacomcpl, they show touch and pen. never show this before.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Good! Progress.

You didn't need to remove the eraser section, just leave it commented out. Since you removed it I suppose you could remove the eraser line from "ServerLayout" to. But later.

Next step is to apply the n-trig patch to linuxwacom and compile it. Since my HOW TO confuses you try Ayuthia's: http://linuxfans.keryxproject.org/?page_id=44 Remember to change '0.8.4-2' to '0.8.4-3' each time!!! He calls the n-trig.patch "linuxwacom_0.8.3.patch". Don't let that confuse you.

Beans
    Distro

Thx Favux and Ayuthia for the update regarding hid-ntrig.ko.
    Now I have a new question.. can anyone detect any sensors on the tx2??
    I need to detect the temperature sensors- especially the cpu temp - which was detected in Win7 .
    sensors-detect does not detect any sensors.
    The best I could get with the latest sensors-detect was this:
    Code:
    Driver `to-be-written':
      * Chip `AMD Family 11h thermal sensors' (confidence: 9)
    The motherboard is "Quanta 3045" and it does not have an entry on the lm-sensors site (or the web for that matter )

EDIT I rebooted and found that my touch and digitizer is gone..so the patch does not work for me.On restoring the original hid-ntrig.ko (good thing I saved it ) ,and rebooting, it is back in action.

*EDIT2* adding acpi_osi="Linux" worked and now I can atleast see my cpu temps.Thx Ayuthia.
    Last edited by nema.arpit; October 21st, 2009 at 08:24 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by nema.arpit View Post
    Thx Favux and Ayuthia for the update regarding hid-ntrig.ko .
    Now I have a new question.. can anyone detect any sensors on the tx2??
    I need to detect the temperature sensors- especially the cpu temp - which was detected in Win7 .
    sensors-detect does not detect any sensors.
    The best I could get with the latest sensors-detect was this:
    Code:
    Driver `to-be-written':
      * Chip `AMD Family 11h thermal sensors' (confidence: 9)
    The motherboard is "Quanta 3045" and it does not have an entry on the lm-sensors site (or the web for that matter )
    If I recall correctly, the only time that I was able to detect any temperature readings was when I used:
    Code:
    acpi_osi="Linux"
    in the boot parameters. I was then able to get something out of /proc/acpi/thermal_zone. I forgot why I quit using it though.

The most recent BIOS update along with the fglrx drivers in Gentoo has kept my laptop pretty quiet when I am not compiling or watching something.

Beans
    Distro

Hi nema.arpit,

The kernel line Ayuthia gives is discussed more by 67GTA here: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1036051 And he links it to more discussion on the Mint forum.

So in addition to a lack of driver problem it could have to do with a buggy DSDT. I talk about that a little and the bezel buttons in posts #273 & 274 here: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=996830&page=28

Unfortunately if it does turn out to be a DSDT problem the kernel developers have dropped the kernel patch to support the modified DSDT. Something about it not being possible. Except it looked like the Opensuse folks figured it out quickly, last time I looked. 67GTA talks about that in his thread.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Karmic Koala (testing)

Favux,
    I can't believe.

Before begin to write for help here, I follow all the steps even the tutorial you indicated. Trusting in your suggestion I do all again, with no hope.
    But, now all work. It's amazing. kk

thanks a lot! I don't know what I do wrong before, but now I know how to did right. LOL

I'm thinking to translate the tutorial to portuguese and spanish to help others.

Thanks again, for the help and the the kindness.

(I feel a kind dumb now.)

Beans
    Distro

Hi symbiante,

Congratulations! Good work. You are welcome.

I'm thinking to translate the tutorial to portuguese and spanish to help others.
    Sounds like a good idea.

I feel a kind dumb now.
    Why? You figured it out, and in another language!

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

I have created the 32-bit version for 2.6.31-14-generic in Karmic. It can be found here.

Beans

Hi guys, I've been happily using Jaunty on my tx2-1050eo without touch but pen working nicely. That's all I've needed so far so good.

This week I updated to Karmic and lost pen.
    I've been following these threads every now and then, but am a little confused right now.

Would some one please advice me how to recover pen?

Touch would be ok also but I really don't need it that much since this is my sketchbook for gimp. More serious stuff I do with my desktop

Thanks.

Markku

Beans
    Distro

Hi markkupaakkonen,

If you don't need/want touch then to get the functionality you had in Jaunty you need two things.

The ntrig subsection in the 10-linuxwacom.fdi. It might already be in there. You could attach the .fdi to your next post if it isn't there.

The n-trig patch applied to the linuxwacom driver. Tekknokrat has posted a deb of linuxwacom 0.8.4-1 with that already done. It's for 64-bit. See post #317 here: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=996830&page=32

Hope this helps.

Page 18 of 169 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868118 ... LastLast