Page 142 of 169 FirstFirst ... 4292132140141142143144152 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,420 of 1689

Thread: HOW TO: Set up the HP TX2z and Dell XT & XT2 (N-trig digitizer) in Ubuntu

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: HOW TO: Set up the HP TX2z and Dell XT & XT2 (N-trig digitizer) in Ubuntu

Not sure if this is news:

This is part of my xinput --list output:
    Code:
    ⎜   ↳ N-Trig MultiTouch                           id=12    [slave  pointer  (2)]
    ⎜   ↳ N-Trig Touchscreen                          id=13    [slave  pointer  (2)]
    ⎜   ↳ N-Trig Pen eraser                           id=14    [slave  pointer  (2)]
    ⎜   ↳ N-Trig Pen stylus                           id=15    [slave  pointer  (2)]
    When I turn off Touchscreen,
    Code:
    xinput float "N-Trig Touchscreen"
    touchscreen still works and stylus still grabs. So I turn it back on and disable MultiTouch
    Code:
    xinput reattach "N-Trig Touchscreen" "Virtual core pointer"
    xinput float "N-Trig MultiTouch"
    touchscreen is disabled but stylus now works properly.

Also, I've tried disabling Pen stylus,
    Code:
    xinput reattach "N-Trig MultiTouch" "Virtual core pointer"
    xinput float "N-Trig Pen stylus"
    touchscreen still works and stylus still grabs.

Seems to be some mapping problem. Hope this helps!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Quote Originally Posted by Jackson Tan View Post
    Not sure if this is news:
    When I turn off Touchscreen,
    Code:
    xinput float "N-Trig Touchscreen"
    touchscreen still works and stylus still grabs. So I turn it back on and disable MultiTouch
    Code:
    xinput reattach "N-Trig Touchscreen" "Virtual core pointer"
    xinput float "N-Trig MultiTouch"
    touchscreen is disabled but stylus now works properly.

Also, I've tried disabling Pen stylus,
    Code:
    xinput reattach "N-Trig MultiTouch" "Virtual core pointer"
    It's the same behavior on my OS at the Latitude XT.

Code:
    xinput float "N-Trig Pen stylus"
    touchscreen still works and stylus still grabs.
    After this command, multitouch is still working. But while using the pen, the cursor jumps directly into the upper left corner of the screen and nothing else. No click events, no pressed clicks.
    Thanks, Jackson Tan, I'm happy that there is a second user in the universe reporting on that problem!
    Last edited by wildschweini; February 4th, 2011 at 08:43 PM.

Beans
    Distro

Re: HOW TO: ginn in Ubuntu

I played a little bit around with the .xml files that configure 'ginn'. Here come some wishes for drag gestures along the x axis

Code:
        <wish gesture="Drag" fingers="2">
          <action name="actionad3">
            <trigger prop="delta x" min="10" max="140"/>
            <key>Left</key>
          </action>
        </wish>
        <wish gesture="Drag" fingers="2">
          <action name="actiond4">
            <trigger prop="delta x" min="-140" max="-10"/>
            <key>Right</key>
          </action>
        </wish>
    Now one can go through a document from up to down and left to right with two fingers...

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

@Jackson Tan and wildschweini,
    Can one of you post the results of evtest:
    Code:
    sudo evtest /dev/input/eventX
    Replace the X with the event number for the stylus. You will most likely need to do this from the console (control-alt-F2) because the Wacom driver usually blocks the information from showing in X.

This information will help us see what is being reported from the stylus and will help us see why the stylus is keeping the left-click.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Hi,

Got distracted yesterday trying to figure out what's replaced HAL Manager for hot plug events and how to read it.

Other things we may want to try are:
    Code:
    xsetwacom set "stylus device name" DebugLevel 22
    and look at the results in Xorg.0.log. We could also look at:
    Code:
    xsetwacom set "stylus device name" CommonDBG 22
    which would be all the "tablet" devices. Your touch is suppose to be on evdev but something seems to be interfering after all. So it's possible it may show something in addition to DebugLevel.

And of course:
    xinput test [-proximity] <device name>

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by Ayuthia View Post
    Code:
    Replace the X with the event number for the stylus. You will most likely need to do this from the console (control-alt-F2) because the Wacom driver usually blocks the information from showing in X.

This information will help us see what is being reported from the stylus and will help us see why the stylus is keeping the left-click.

Hello Ayuthia,

here comes the output of
    Code:
    as appended file "stylus.doc" (it is a simple textfile). For the test, I executed the command in the shell and did some gestures with the stylus including hovering, pushing the screen, and pressing the two buttons. Seems as if all events are recognized...I am a bit surprized that "evtest" gives output for a wacom driven device...?
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by wildschweini; February 5th, 2011 at 10:09 PM.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by Favux View Post
    Hi,

Got distracted yesterday trying to figure out what's replaced HAL Manager for hot plug events and how to read it.

Code:
    Code:
    which would be all the "tablet" devices. Your touch is suppose to be on evdev but something seems to be interfering after all. So it's possible it may show something in addition to DebugLevel.

And of course:
    Hello Favux,

unfortunately, BOTH commands
    Code:
    xsetwacom set "N-Trig Pen stylus" DebugLevel 22
    and
    Code:
    xsetwacom set "N-Trig Pen stylus" CommonDBG 22
    end up with
    Code:
    Property 'Wacom Debug Levels' does not exist on device.
    Any idea why?

Attached is the output of
    Code:
    xinput test "N-Trig Pen stylus"
    but it seems that "Button 2" is not realized.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by wildschweini; February 5th, 2011 at 10:00 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by wildschweini View Post
    Hello Ayuthia,

here comes the output of
    Code:
    as appended file "stylus.doc" (it is a simple textfile). For the test, I executed the command in the shell and did some gestures with the stylus including hovering, pushing the screen, and pressing the two buttons. Seems as if all events are recognized...I am a bit surprized that "evtest" gives output for a wacom driven device...?
    evtest provides the event information (event test) and is not related to the evdev driver. It does sound like it is for the evdev driver though but it isn't.

The information that you are showing matches mine, but I cannot duplicate your left-click issue.

Can you provide the xinput --list-props for the stylus? Also are you using the Ubuntu provided drivers for the stylus?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Code:

Okay, I'm not sure if I'm understanding this correctly. I presume you want me to replace the "X" in the command with the id associated with the stylus when I selected "xinput --list". If so, then I got:
    Code:
    jackson@feynman:~$ xinput --list
    ⎡ Virtual core pointer                        id=2    [master pointer  (3)]
    ⎜   ↳ Virtual core XTEST pointer                  id=4    [slave  pointer  (2)]
    ⎜   ↳ Logitech USB Optical Mouse                  id=10    [slave  pointer  (2)]
    ⎜   ↳ N-Trig Pen stylus                           id=13    [slave  pointer  (2)]
    ⎜   ↳ N-Trig Pen eraser                           id=12    [slave  pointer  (2)]
    ⎜   ↳ N-Trig MultiTouch                           id=14    [slave  pointer  (2)]
    ⎜   ↳ N-Trig Touchscreen                          id=15    [slave  pointer  (2)]
    ⎜   ↳ SynPS/2 Synaptics TouchPad                  id=17    [slave  pointer  (2)]
    ⎣ Virtual core keyboard                       id=3    [master keyboard (2)]
        ↳ Virtual core XTEST keyboard                 id=5    [slave  keyboard (3)]
        ↳ Power Button                                id=6    [slave  keyboard (3)]
        ↳ Video Bus                                   id=7    [slave  keyboard (3)]
        ↳ Power Button                                id=8    [slave  keyboard (3)]
        ↳ Sleep Button                                id=9    [slave  keyboard (3)]
        ↳ CNF8038                                     id=11    [slave  keyboard (3)]
        ↳ AT Translated Set 2 keyboard                id=16    [slave  keyboard (3)]
        ↳ HP WMI hotkeys                              id=18    [slave  keyboard (3)]
    jackson@feynman:~$ sudo evtest /dev/input/event
    event0   event1   event10  event11  event12  event2   event3   event4   event5   event6   event7   event8   event9
    In that last command I tapped Tab to show the available options, because "event 13" returns "No such file or directory".

Can you provide the xinput --list-props for the stylus? Also are you using the Ubuntu provided drivers for the stylus?
    The command
    Code:
    xinput --list-prop 13
    gives
    Code:
    Device 'N-Trig Pen stylus':
        Device Enabled (148):    1
        Coordinate Transformation Matrix (150):    1.000000, 0.000000, 0.000000, 0.000000, 1.000000, 0.000000, 0.000000, 0.000000, 1.000000
        Device Accel Profile (271):    0
        Device Accel Constant Deceleration (272):    1.000000
        Device Accel Adaptive Deceleration (273):    1.000000
        Device Accel Velocity Scaling (274):    10.000000
        Wacom Tablet Area (294):    0, 0, 9600, 7200
        Wacom Rotation (295):    0
        Wacom Pressurecurve (296):    0, 0, 100, 100
        Wacom Serial IDs (297):    1, 0, 2, 0
        Wacom TwinView Resolution (298):    0, 0, 0, 0
        Wacom Display Options (299):    -1, 0, 1
        Wacom Screen Area (300):    0, 0, 1280, 800
        Wacom Proximity Threshold (301):    42
        Wacom Capacity (302):    -1
        Wacom Pressure Threshold (303):    27
        Wacom Sample and Suppress (304):    2, 4
        Wacom Enable Touch (305):    0
        Wacom Hover Click (306):    1
        Wacom Enable Touch Gesture (307):    0
        Wacom Touch Gesture Parameters (308):    50, 20, 250
        Wacom Tool Type (309):    "STYLUS" (311)
        Wacom Button Actions (310):    "None" (0), "None" (0), "None" (0), "None" (0), "None" (0), "None" (0), "None" (0), "None" (0), "None" (0), "None" (0), "None" (0), "None" (0), "None" (0), "None" (0), "None" (0), "None" (0)
    And as far as I know, it should be the drivers that come out of the box from Maverick, which I upgraded from Lucid.
    Last edited by Jackson Tan; February 6th, 2011 at 07:52 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by Favux View Post
    Hi,

Code:
    Code:

And of course:
    For the "xsetwacom" commands, I received the same response as wildschweini. But as for
    Code:
    xinput test "N-Trig Pen stylus"
    there was no response, in that I got a blinking cursor and had to press Ctrl + C to regain to the command prompt.

Page 142 of 169 FirstFirst ... 4292132140141142143144152 ... LastLast