Page 141 of 169 FirstFirst ... 4191131139140141142143151 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,410 of 1689

Thread: HOW TO: Set up the HP TX2z and Dell XT & XT2 (N-trig digitizer) in Ubuntu

Beans

Re: HOW TO: Set up the HP TX2z and Dell XT & XT2 (N-trig digitizer) in Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by Ayuthia View Post
    It looks like autoreconf is missing so if I remember correctly, you can get it by installing autoconf:
    Code:
    sudo apt-get install autoconf
    Thank you, having done that and going through the process again, I got this:

Code:
    dwaynefuller@dwaynefuller-HP-TouchSmart-tx2-Notebook-PC:~$ tar -xvjf ginn.tar.bz2
    ginn/
    ginn/autogen.sh
    ginn/COPYING
    ginn/Makefile.am
    ginn/.bzrignore
    ginn/INSTALL
    ginn/src/
    ginn/src/ginn.c
    ginn/src/Makefile.am
    ginn/src/config.c
    ginn/src/xt.c
    ginn/src/config.h
    ginn/configure.ac
    ginn/.bzr/
    ginn/.bzr/branch/
    ginn/.bzr/branch/tags
    ginn/.bzr/branch/branch.conf
    ginn/.bzr/branch/format
    ginn/.bzr/branch/lock/
    ginn/.bzr/branch/last-revision
    ginn/.bzr/checkout/
    ginn/.bzr/checkout/conflicts
    ginn/.bzr/checkout/format
    ginn/.bzr/checkout/lock/
    ginn/.bzr/checkout/dirstate
    ginn/.bzr/checkout/views
    ginn/.bzr/branch-format
    ginn/.bzr/branch-lock/
    ginn/.bzr/README
    ginn/.bzr/repository/
    ginn/.bzr/repository/packs/
    ginn/.bzr/repository/packs/203e337475f32bfeb550035558e82be6.pack
    ginn/.bzr/repository/format
    ginn/.bzr/repository/lock/
    ginn/.bzr/repository/upload/
    ginn/.bzr/repository/indices/
    ginn/.bzr/repository/indices/203e337475f32bfeb550035558e82be6.tix
    ginn/.bzr/repository/indices/203e337475f32bfeb550035558e82be6.cix
    ginn/.bzr/repository/indices/203e337475f32bfeb550035558e82be6.rix
    ginn/.bzr/repository/indices/203e337475f32bfeb550035558e82be6.iix
    ginn/.bzr/repository/indices/203e337475f32bfeb550035558e82be6.six
    ginn/.bzr/repository/obsolete_packs/
    ginn/.bzr/repository/pack-names
    ginn/ginn.pc.in
    ginn/etc/
    ginn/etc/Makefile.am
    ginn/etc/buttons
    ginn/etc/wishes.xml
    ginn/etc/keys
    ginn/etc/attributes
    ginn/README
    dwaynefuller@dwaynefuller-HP-TouchSmart-tx2-Notebook-PC:~$ cd ginn
    dwaynefuller@dwaynefuller-HP-TouchSmart-tx2-Notebook-PC:~/ginn$ ./autogen.sh --prefix=/usr
    Can't exec "libtoolize": No such file or directory at /usr/bin/autoreconf line 196.
    Use of uninitialized value in pattern match (m//) at /usr/bin/autoreconf line 196.
    autoreconf: Entering directory `.'
    autoreconf: configure.ac: not using Gettext
    autoreconf: running: aclocal 
    autoreconf: configure.ac: tracing
    autoreconf: configure.ac: creating directory config-aux
    autoreconf: configure.ac: not using Libtool
    autoreconf: running: /usr/bin/autoconf
    configure.ac:19: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_PROG_LIBTOOL
          If this token and others are legitimate, please use m4_pattern_allow.
          See the Autoconf documentation.
    autoreconf: /usr/bin/autoconf failed with exit status: 1
    dwaynefuller@dwaynefuller-HP-TouchSmart-tx2-Notebook-PC:~/ginn$ ./configure --prefix=/usr
    configure: error: cannot find install-sh, install.sh, or shtool in config-aux "."/config-aux
    dwaynefuller@dwaynefuller-HP-TouchSmart-tx2-Notebook-PC:~/ginn$ make
    make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found.  Stop.
    dwaynefuller@dwaynefuller-HP-TouchSmart-tx2-Notebook-PC:~/ginn$ sudo make install
    make: *** No rule to make target `install'.  Stop.
    dwaynefuller@dwaynefuller-HP-TouchSmart-tx2-Notebook-PC:~/ginn$ sudo cp etc/wishes.xml /etc/ginn
    dwaynefuller@dwaynefuller-HP-TouchSmart-tx2-Notebook-PC:~/ginn$ ginn
    ginn: command not found
    dwaynefuller@dwaynefuller-HP-TouchSmart-tx2-Notebook-PC:~/ginn$
    What do I do from here? Much appreciated.

Beans

For the Right Click Menu you can just use <Shift_*>F10. Its the default key command in Gnome, but its not listed in the keyboard shortcuts options. It works just as well; with the exception of Firefox where for some reason the menu always appears in the top left corner of the window. It does eliminate the need for extra programs running in the background, unless of course you are using xdotool for other purposes.

I really enjoyed the video which got me thinking on how bring the menu down
    now if I can only find a way to get long clicks enabled...

@floyd0815
    For the right-click to work, I've added a keyboard-shortcut: (menu-system-preference-shortcuts)
    Shortcut: Super_L + t // Mod4 + t
    Command: xdotool click 3 //xdotool is in the standard repos

Code:
        <wish gesture="Tap" fingers="2">
          <action name="action1" when="finish">
            <trigger prop="tap time" min="20" max="350"/>
            <key modifier1="Super_L">t</key>
          </action>
        </wish>
    Changed to ...

Code:
        <wish gesture="Tap" fingers="2">
          <action name="action1" when="finish">
            <trigger prop="tap time" min="20" max="350"/>
            <key modifier1="Shift_L">F10</key>
          </action>
        </wish>
    On a side note, does anyone know how to toggle minimize / restore all windows on a workspace without <control><alt> d or <Super_L> E? I'm looking to mimic the action of the show desktop icon in the Gnome panel which doesn't bring focus to the desktop / show all my workspaces.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by dwaynefuller View Post
    Thank you, having done that and going through the process again, I got this:

Code:
    Can't exec "libtoolize": No such file or directory at /usr/bin/autoreconf line 196.
    What do I do from here? Much appreciated.
    I think that you will now need to install libtool. Sorry, I don't have a fresh install right now so I am not for sure if there are any other compile-related packages still needed. Please let us know if you are still stuck.

Beans

@smallblackanimal

I don't see, how to long-press with Ginn, because of the jittery input it's always a drag, but if you only want to perform a long-press action with another gesture, xdotool can do that:

Code:
    xdotool mousedown --delay 2000 1 mouseup 1
    But is it even possible to define long-press actions in Ubuntu?

The Shift_L + F10 will be great in the future, as long as Firefox 4 hasn't got that context menu bug. It's funny, that it appears in my case in the lower left corner?!

EDIT:
    To minimize/restore all windows, I have found those commands:
    Code:
    wmctrl -k on
    wmctrl -k off
    EDIT:
    These commands work great for "show desktop"!
    Made keyboard shortcuts for them and added this to my wishes:
    Code:
        <wish gesture="Drag" fingers="4">
          <action name="action6">
            <trigger prop="delta y" min="10" max="80"/>
            <key modifier1="Control_L" modifier2="Super_L">h</key>
          </action>
        </wish>
        <wish gesture="Drag" fingers="4">
          <action name="action7">
            <trigger prop="delta y" min="-80" max="-10"/>
            <key modifier1="Control_L" modifier2="Super_L">j</key>
          </action>
        </wish>
    Best regards
    Last edited by floyd0815; February 1st, 2011 at 08:48 AM. Reason: added something

Beans

@Favux

I have seen, that you have added my snd_hda_intel option to your HowTo.
    This option is for the HP TX2 - 1310eg,1025dx and maybe others.
    Found it on this page:
    http://ubuntu-ky.ubuntuforums.org/sh....php?t=1043568

Here are some more options:
    TX2635us (tx2500 series) model=toshiba position_fix=1
    hptx2510us model=toshiba position_fix=1 or model=zepto position_fix=1
    Last edited by floyd0815; February 1st, 2011 at 09:08 AM. Reason: corrected text

Beans

Exclamation Re: HOW TO: Set up the HP TX2z and Dell XT & XT2 (N-trig digitizer) in Ubuntu

Boot speed question:

The boot of my TX2 takes quite a while.(about 35 seconds to Desktop + 10 for wifi with wl driver)
    I understand that it loads files to ram (ureadahead was installed and I added preload) but (for what I know) Lucid booted faster.
    It seems, that the read speed from harddisk is very slow.

I tried 3 times:
    Code:
    sudo hdparm -t /dev/sda2

/dev/sda2:
     Timing buffered disk reads:  160 MB in  3.01 seconds =  53.17 MB/sec
    (no spezial boot options in grub, using ext4, errors=remount-ro only option in fstab)

This can't be right / the best performance?!
    Should I add something to grub/fstab or go back to ext3 or ext2?
    grub: elevator=noop or deadline?
    fstab: relatime, noatime is only for writing, right?
    Does currency=shell in /etc/init.d/rc has some effect on it?

Another thing is the wireless:
    Has someone managed to get wifi on login?
    Have added wl.ko to /etc/modules and also tried to configure wifi with wpa-supplicant, with no success.

THX in advance!

EDIT:
    Forget about the reading speed! (haven't googled it, it's normal)
    I was confused, because my old SSD netbook had only 16mb/s writing, but far more reading speed. (80+)
    Also I have activated the b43 and now I have network almost at login.
    Last edited by floyd0815; February 2nd, 2011 at 02:41 PM.

Beans

Hi I am still having problems enabling multitouch on my system hp touchsmart tx2z-1000. The touch works bout not the multitouch. Please step me through. I am a newbie.

Other things that do not work are:
    1. The pen tool and the onscreen keyboard
    2. I have a digicel internet broad band dongo that i do not know how to install ZTE ax225
    3. The rotate screen function does not work.

Help please.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Hi all,

Just a few comments.

1) Thanks for all the effort put into making this work. It's incredibly great and useful!

2) When I upgraded to Maverick with an old firmware, Ubuntu would hang when I touched the screen. It disappeared when the firmware is upgraded to the latest version. Someone has filed a bug report on this. I'm not sure if this problem is common enough to be mentioned in the first post.

3) The degaussing is simply brilliant. I've suffered terrible ghost clicks on certain severely haunted websites. Looking at Rafi's description, it seems I'll have to run it again when it happens again, what?

4) I'm also facing the problem wildschweini has, namely the issue of the stylus grabbing the left-click button (only released by clicking with touchscreen). Somehow, the discussion just fell away... Has it been solved?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Hi dwaynefuller,

I'm having trouble following you. Are you saying you couldn't install ginn or that the digitizer doesn't respong to your stylus? What is the output of:
    Code:
    xinput list
    in a terminal?

Hi Jackson Tan,

2) When I upgraded to Maverick with an old firmware, Ubuntu would hang when I touched the screen. It disappeared when the firmware is upgraded to the latest version. Someone has filed a bug report on this. I'm not sure if this problem is common enough to be mentioned in the first post.
    It is addressed. Under 1) Maverick:
    b) Vista firmware and single finger ("N-Trig Touchscreen") touch
    Follow this if you are using Vista or Win7rc firmware and only have "N-Trig Touchscreen" in 'xinput --list' as your touch device. The Maverick default hid-ntrig.ko inadvertantly left out code to support single finger touch. This should also fix the "freeze" you may be experiencing when using the stylus. We will use Ayuthia's single finger patch submitted to the Launchpad bug report and DKMS. Using DKMS means each time the kernel is updated, it will automatically rebuild the hid-ntrig kernel module with the patch for you.
    I guess I inadvertently left out the Launchpad bug report where Ayuthia submitted a patch that Henrick Ryberg accepted and pushed to ppa:utouch-team/utouch. By the way that's probably a duplicate bug.
    3) The degaussing is simply brilliant. I've suffered terrible ghost clicks on certain severely haunted websites. Looking at Rafi's description, it seems I'll have to run it again when it happens again, what?
    Yes, run it every time you start having a "noise" problem which requires recalibration.
    4) I'm also facing the problem wildschweini has, namely the issue of the stylus grabbing the left-click button (only released by clicking with touchscreen). Somehow, the discussion just fell away... Has it been solved?
    OK, so there is now a second person reporting the problem. You are still using the default Maverick Wacom driver? xf86-input-wacom-0.10.8?

This sounds like a job for Ayuthia and Rafi!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by Favux View Post

It is addressed. Under 1) Maverick:
    b) Vista firmware and single finger ("N-Trig Touchscreen") touch
    Follow this if you are using Vista or Win7rc firmware and only have "N-Trig Touchscreen" in 'xinput --list' as your touch device. The Maverick default hid-ntrig.ko inadvertantly left out code to support single finger touch. This should also fix the "freeze" you may be experiencing when using the stylus. We will use Ayuthia's single finger patch submitted to the Launchpad bug report and DKMS. Using DKMS means each time the kernel is updated, it will automatically rebuild the hid-ntrig kernel module with the patch for you.
    Huh! I missed that, but it's because my tx2 runs Win7, so I presume it was the Win7 firmware I had.

Quote Originally Posted by Favux View Post
    OK, so there is now a second person reporting the problem. You are still using the default Maverick Wacom driver? xf86-input-wacom-0.10.8?

This sounds like a job for Ayuthia and Rafi!
    I presume I'm using the default driver, since I did not modify anything else. It was an upgrade from Lucid (which was a clean install and didn't have this stylus issue). Note that I have not enabled or installed anything extra yet, e.g. ginn.

Page 141 of 169 FirstFirst ... 4191131139140141142143151 ... LastLast