Page 136 of 169 FirstFirst ... 3686126134135136137138146 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,360 of 1689

Thread: HOW TO: Set up the HP TX2z and Dell XT & XT2 (N-trig digitizer) in Ubuntu

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Thumbs down Re: HOW TO: Set up the HP TX2z and Dell XT & XT2 (N-trig digitizer) in Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by Ayuthia View Post
    Great! I am glad to see that the swivel works with this version. Now we need to figure out what is happening with Ubuntiac's laptop.

I will have to say that it is strange that the left click does not work when touch is on. You wouldn't happen to know which N-trig firmware you are using in Windows?
    thanks for the commands, Ayuthia, but the problem is to get the stylus pen fully running. it works after switching off the multitouch, but with enabled touch the stylus only turns the mouse arrow around and it seems that the left mouse click is kept all the time. i'm not able to solve this problem. running the program "xournal" turns the stylus' input working for a written text but nothing else. no clicks possible at all...

windows firmware is the newest available, i think. how to find out this?

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

Re: HOW TO: Set up the HP TX2z and Dell XT & XT2 (N-trig digitizer) in Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by wildschweini View Post
    thanks for the commands, Ayuthia, but the problem is to get the stylus pen fully running. it works after switching off the multitouch, but with enabled touch the stylus only turns the mouse arrow around and it seems that the left mouse click is kept all the time. i'm not able to solve this problem. running the program "xournal" turns the stylus' input working for a written text but nothing else. no clicks possible at all...

Just to make sure that we are on the same page, the stylus will have the left-click on while the stylus is on the touchscreen. When it is hovering near the touchscreen, the left-click should be off but the cursor should still move. The button on the stylus should produce the right-click.

Another way to see what is happening is to use evtest. First you will need to know which /dev/input/event number the stylus is assigned. If you do not know this, you can install input-utils and then run:
    Code:
    sudo lsinput
    and that will tell you what is assigned to the stylus. You will then need to go into a console (control-alt-F2 to go into console and control-alt-F7 to get back) because the wacom driver blocks information while X is running. Then you can run evtest:
    Code:
    sudo evtest /dev/input/event6
    Replace event6 with the correct event number. Press control-c to exit the application.

Now, is this how the stylus is working or is the left-click on all the time even when hovering or is it doing something else?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Hi wildschweini,

Congratulations!

Touch on/off commands and touch toggle scripts are available at "5) Turning touch on and off" in the HOW TO. Since I think your using the evdev driver for touch you'd look in "b) evdev". But I'm hoping we'll be able to get everything working for you through Magick.
    Last edited by Favux; December 15th, 2010 at 05:38 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: magick-rotation works!!!!

friendz, with Rafi's dell-wmi i tried to use the magick-rotation script and it works!!! .
    Hey, if we can get wildschweini's working then we can try using the same stack on mine to see if it's the software or hardware/BIOS!

So wildschweini, I want to replicate your system as closely as possible on a spare partition. Would I be right in thinking you're using Ubuntu 10.10, 64 bit with nothing special other than the latest version of rafi's Dell-wmi with magick-rotation? Anything else I should know about? It would also be great to know what BIOS you're running. The XT says this under the big DELL logo when you first turn it on. It usually looks like A0 and then a number (ie mine is A03)
    Facebook, Apple, Google, corrupt governments, the ISP's and Telco's
    can be beaten at their own game by free and open source software.
    Here's how. (Extra credit)

Beans
    Distro

I want to say that the firmware might be listed in dmesg:
    Code:
    dmesg|grep -i ntrig
    or
    Code:
    dmesg|grep -i 'n-trig'
    In Windows, you should be able to go to the control panel and click on the N-trig stylus and touch. There should be an About tab or button that will provide the firmware version.

Beans
    Distro

Just to make sure that we are on the same page, the stylus will have the left-click on while the stylus is on the touchscreen. When it is hovering near the touchscreen, the left-click should be off but the cursor should still move. The button on the stylus should produce the right-click.

Another way to see what is happening is to use evtest. First you will need to know which /dev/input/event number the stylus is assigned. If you do not know this, you can install input-utils and then run:
    Code:
    sudo lsinput
    and that will tell you what is assigned to the stylus. You will then need to go into a console (control-alt-F2 to go into console and control-alt-F7 to get back) because the wacom driver blocks information while X is running. Then you can run evtest:
    Code:
    sudo evtest /dev/input/event6
    Replace event6 with the correct event number. Press control-c to exit the application.

Now, is this how the stylus is working or is the left-click on all the time even when hovering or is it doing something else?
    left click is ON already when hovering. no output for
    Code:
    $ sudo evtest /dev/input/event[#stylus]
    interestingly, when switching back to X from console mode, the stylus isn't working even when i was in the 'touch off' mode before.

Beans
    Distro

Re: magick-rotation works!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ubuntiac View Post
    Hey, if we can get wildschweini's working then we can try using the same stack on mine to see if it's the software or hardware/BIOS!

So wildschweini, I want to replicate your system as closely as possible on a spare partition. Would I be right in thinking you're using Ubuntu 10.10, 64 bit with nothing special other than the latest version of rafi's Dell-wmi with magick-rotation? Anything else I should know about? It would also be great to know what BIOS you're running. The XT says this under the big DELL logo when you first turn it on. It usually looks like A0 and then a number (ie mine is A03)
    hey Ubuntiac. you're right, 10.10 64bit and nothing else the changed dell-wmi (and all recommended upgrades). the bios is A09...

@ Ayuthia:
    Code:
    $ dmesg
    calls: Firmware 4.5.2.3.5 (1408 6540)

Beans
    Distro

left click is ON already when hovering. no output for
    Code:
    $ sudo evtest /dev/input/event[#stylus]
    interestingly, when switching back to X from console mode, the stylus isn't working even when i was in the 'touch off' mode before.
    Ok. Can you provide the results of:
    Code:
    xinput list-props "N-Trig Pen stylus"
    It will help us see how things are configured for the stylus.
    Last edited by Ayuthia; December 15th, 2010 at 06:18 PM.

Beans
    Distro

Ok. Can you provide the results of:
    Code:
    xinput list-props "N-Trig Pen stylus"
    It will help us see how things are configured for the stylus.
    the follwing comes up:

(1) multitouch enabled
    Code:
    $ xinput list-props "N-Trig Pen stylus"
    Device 'N-Trig Pen stylus':
        Device Enabled (131):    1
        Coordinate Transformation Matrix (133):    1.000000, 0.000000, 0.000000, 0.000000, 1.000000, 0.000000, 0.000000, 0.000000, 1.000000
        Device Accel Profile (251):    0
        Device Accel Constant Deceleration (252):    1.000000
        Device Accel Adaptive Deceleration (253):    1.000000
        Device Accel Velocity Scaling (254):    10.000000
        Wacom Tablet Area (260):    0, 0, 9600, 7200
        Wacom Rotation (261):    0
        Wacom Pressurecurve (262):    0, 0, 100, 100
        Wacom Serial IDs (263):    1, 0, 2, 0
        Wacom TwinView Resolution (264):    0, 0, 0, 0
        Wacom Display Options (265):    -1, 0, 1
        Wacom Screen Area (266):    0, 0, 1280, 800
        Wacom Proximity Threshold (267):    42
        Wacom Capacity (268):    -1
        Wacom Pressure Threshold (269):    27
        Wacom Sample and Suppress (270):    2, 4
        Wacom Enable Touch (271):    0
        Wacom Hover Click (272):    1
        Wacom Enable Touch Gesture (273):    0
        Wacom Touch Gesture Parameters (274):    50, 20, 250
        Wacom Tool Type (275):    "STYLUS" (277)
        Wacom Button Actions (276):    "None" (0), "None" (0), "None" (0), "None" (0), "None" (0), "None" (0), "None" (0), "None" (0), "None" (0), "None" (0), "None" (0), "None" (0), "None" (0), "None" (0), "None" (0), "None" (0)
    ||has the output
    Code:
    something to do with the problem?||

and
    (2) multitouch disabled
    Code:
    $ xinput list-props "N-Trig Pen stylus"Device 'N-Trig Pen stylus':
        Device Enabled (131):    1
        Coordinate Transformation Matrix (133):    1.000000, 0.000000, 0.000000, 0.000000, 1.000000, 0.000000, 0.000000, 0.000000, 1.000000
        Device Accel Profile (251):    0
        Device Accel Constant Deceleration (252):    1.000000
        Device Accel Adaptive Deceleration (253):    1.000000
        Device Accel Velocity Scaling (254):    10.000000
        Wacom Tablet Area (260):    0, 0, 9600, 7200
        Wacom Rotation (261):    0
        Wacom Pressurecurve (262):    0, 0, 100, 100
        Wacom Serial IDs (263):    1, 0, 2, 0
        Wacom TwinView Resolution (264):    0, 0, 0, 0
        Wacom Display Options (265):    -1, 0, 1
        Wacom Screen Area (266):    0, 0, 1280, 800
        Wacom Proximity Threshold (267):    42
        Wacom Capacity (268):    -1
        Wacom Pressure Threshold (269):    27
        Wacom Sample and Suppress (270):    2, 4
        Wacom Enable Touch (271):    0
        Wacom Enable Touch Gesture (273):    0
        Wacom Touch Gesture Parameters (274):    50, 20, 250
        Wacom Tool Type (275):    "STYLUS" (277)
        Wacom Button Actions (276):    "None" (0), "None" (0), "None" (0), "None" (0), "None" (0), "None" (0), "None" (0), "None" (0), "None" (0), "None" (0), "None" (0), "None" (0), "None" (0), "None" (0), "None" (0), "None" (0)
    They are exactly the same, whether the stylus isn't working in the first case.
    Last edited by wildschweini; December 16th, 2010 at 01:40 PM.

Beans
    Distro

i have to report on some problems that appeared after using magick-rotation for a while:

(1)
    turning the lid to tablet mode for the first time works fine, even commands from the 'Advanced Setup'. but after turning back to laptop mode commands from the 'Advance Setup' like gconftool-2 --set /apps/panel/toplevels/top_panel_screen/size --type integer 24 don't work.

(2)
    rotation to tablet for a second time (and all following) results in only rotating the screen but not the cursor. seems like
    Code:
    xsetwacom --set 'Device' bottomx/bottomy
    or the
    Code:
    xinput set-prop 'Device' 'Evdev Axes Swap/Inversion'
    don't work.

EDIT: this error appears only sometimes! there is no exact reason recognizable why.
    Last edited by wildschweini; December 16th, 2010 at 09:57 AM.

Page 136 of 169 FirstFirst ... 3686126134135136137138146 ... LastLast