Page 128 of 169 FirstFirst ... 2878118126127128129130138 ... LastLast
Results 1,271 to 1,280 of 1689

Thread: HOW TO: Set up the HP TX2z and Dell XT & XT2 (N-trig digitizer) in Ubuntu

Beans

Re: HOW TO: Set up the HP TX2z and Dell XT & XT2 (N-trig digitizer) in Ubuntu

Thank you. I stopped reading the first post after it said that Maverick worked out of the box. Didn't realize there was more info further down. Maybe a little note to keep reading.

Thanks again.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

Warning: Using this application can cause your system to lock up. It is still experimental.

For those of you that want to try out some multitouch gestures in Maverick, you can try ginn ("Gesture Injector: No-GEIS, No-Toolkits"). The following is how I was able to get it installed:
    Install the build dependencies (not for sure if this step is needed or not)
    Code:
    sudo apt-get install utouch
    sudo apt-get build-dep utouch-gesturetest
    sudo apt-get install libx11-dev
    sudo apt-get install libxml2-dev
    sudo apt-get install libxi-dev
    sudo apt-get install libxtst-dev
    Download the following ginn source (I had to make a couple of modifications so that I could get the drag to work):
    Code:
    cd
    wget http://linuxfans.keryxproject.org/packages/ntrig/ginn/ginn.tar.bz2
    Extract the package:
    Code:
    tar -xvjf ginn.tar.bz2
    Compile and install:
    Code:
    cd ginn
    ./autogen.sh --prefix=/usr
    ./configure --prefix=/usr
    make
    sudo make install
    sudo cp etc/wishes.xml /etc/
    Now you should be able to run the application:
    Code:
    ginn
    ginn reads the /etc/wishes.xml file to figure out the gesture rules for each application. In this set Inkscape has the pinching ability and Firefox should have the two-finger up/down drag for scrolling and two-finger left/right drag for page forward and page back. I am currently trying out the Firefox 4.0 version so if you are using Minefield, it should work there too. However, if Firefox does not work, please let me know because I was unable to test it out but I think I have the application name correct.

I have been testing it out, and I have run into some occasional lockups. I have not figured out what is happening there as of yet.
    Last edited by Ayuthia; November 1st, 2010 at 12:48 PM. Reason: Added libxtst dependency

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Quote Originally Posted by Ayuthia View Post
    Warning: Using this application can cause your system to lock up. It is still experimental.

For those of you that want to try out some multitouch gestures in Maverick, you can try ginn ("Gesture Injector: No-GEIS, No-Toolkits"). The following is how I was able to get it installed:
    Install the build dependencies (not for sure if this step is needed or not)
    Code:
    sudo apt-get install utouch
    sudo apt-get build-dep utouch-gesturetest
    sudo apt-get install libx11-dev
    sudo apt-get install libxml2-dev
    sudo apt-get install libxi-dev
    Download the following ginn source (I had to make a couple of modifications so that I could get the drag to work):
    Code:
    cd
    wget http://linuxfans.keryxproject.org/packages/ntrig/ginn/ginn.tar.bz2
    Extract the package:
    Code:
    tar -xvjf ginn.tar.bz2
    Compile and install:
    Code:
    cd ginn
    ./autogen.sh --prefix=/usr
    make
    sudo make install
    sudo cp etc/wishes.xml /etc/
    Now you should be able to run the application:
    Code:
    ginn
    ginn reads the /etc/wishes.xml file to figure out the gesture rules for each application. In this set Inkscape has the pinching ability and Firefox should have the two-finger up/down drag for scrolling and two-finger left/right drag for page forward and page back. I am currently trying out the Firefox 4.0 version so if you are using Minefield, it should work there too. However, if Firefox does not work, please let me know because I was unable to test it out but I think I have the application name correct.

I have been testing it out, and I have run into some occasional lockups. I have not figured out what is happening there as of yet.
    Hello I decided to try your application but I got the following error during this step.
    Code:
    Code:
    checking for XTST... no
    configure: error: Package requirements (xtst >= 1.1.0) were not met:

No package 'xtst' found

Consider adjusting the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable if you
    installed software in a non-standard prefix.

Alternatively, you may set the environment variables XTST_CFLAGS
    and XTST_LIBS to avoid the need to call pkg-config.
    See the pkg-config man page for more details.
    Any suggestions on what I need to do. Thanks

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by h38thsc0tt View Post
    Hello I decided to try your application but I got the following error during this step.
    Code:
    Code:
    checking for XTST... no
    configure: error: Package requirements (xtst >= 1.1.0) were not met:

No package 'xtst' found

Consider adjusting the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable if you
    installed software in a non-standard prefix.

Alternatively, you may set the environment variables XTST_CFLAGS
    and XTST_LIBS to avoid the need to call pkg-config.
    See the pkg-config man page for more details.
    Any suggestions on what I need to do. Thanks
    It looks like I missed one of the dependencies. Sorry about that. Please try:
    Code:
    sudo apt-get install libxtst-dev
    and then do the ./configure --prefix=/usr again.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

@Ayuthia
    You are my personal hero! I did as you said and added Ginn to autostart - what can I say, I have 2-Finger scrolling in Firefox 3.6, Open Office, Nautilus and every other program on my tx2 now! Last/Next page in Firefox does not work, only in Nautilus. Zooming in and out works in the picture viewer. Did not try anything else as the only thing I really wanted badly was 2-Finger scrolling. Well done and thanks again!

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by Cobuntu View Post
    @Ayuthia
    You are my personal hero! I did as you said and added Ginn to autostart - what can I say, I have 2-Finger scrolling in Firefox 3.6, Open Office, Nautilus and every other program on my tx2 now! Last/Next page in Firefox does not work, only in Nautilus. Zooming in and out works in the picture viewer. Did not try anything else as the only thing I really wanted badly was 2-Finger scrolling. Well done and thanks again!
    I am glad it is working! I am thinking that the last/next page might now seem to be working because of the sensitivity setting for it. The minimum value might be too high that it is ignoring it. I'll check into it.

Beans

I didn't see it posted here, but maybe I missed it.

There is a new n-trig software package available for the XT2, but it is confirmed to work on the XT also.

Driver Version: 1.26.8.47
    Firmware Version: 4.9.15.13.15
    Software Version: 3.118

About to reload ubuntu and start this all over again, will report how it works.

Really hoping that tablet support is functional enough that I can relegate my windows install back to my esata hdd...
    Last edited by enneract; October 29th, 2010 at 12:40 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by enneract View Post
    There is a new n-trig software package available for the XT2, but it is confirmed to work on the XT also.

Driver Version: 1.26.8.47
    Firmware Version: 4.9.15.13.15
    Software Version: 3.118
    Can you link to where you found that? I've been searching around, but only seem to come across 2.172 everywhere...
    Facebook, Apple, Google, corrupt governments, the ISP's and Telco's
    can be beaten at their own game by free and open source software.
    Here's how. (Extra credit)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Hi everyone,

Magick Rotation 1.1 is posted. Hosted on Launchpad now: https://launchpad.net/magick-rotation instead of the Rotation HOW TO.

This version includes touch toggling. So you can dispense with a separate touch on/off script if you want.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Ubuntiac View Post
    Can you link to where you found that? I've been searching around, but only seem to come across 2.172 everywhere...
    http://support.dell.com/support/down...eckFormat=true

win7 32bit installer.

Installer works hella better too.

Page 128 of 169 FirstFirst ... 2878118126127128129130138 ... LastLast