Page 12 of 169 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112 ... LastLast

Thread: HOW TO: Set up the HP TX2z and Dell XT & XT2 (N-trig digitizer) in Ubuntu

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: HOW TO: Set up the HP TX2z and Dell XT & XT2 (N-trig digitizer) in Ubuntu

Did "sudo apt-get build-dep wacom-tools" work for you?
    Here it gives the following:
    Code:
    Reading package lists... Done
    Building dependency tree       
    Reading state information... Done
    E: You must put some 'source' URIs in your sources.list
    @edit:solved this, but same error during make
    Last edited by Kiwinote; September 24th, 2009 at 08:49 PM.

Beans
    Distro

try

./configure
    make
    sudo make install

with no options on configure

Also could you post your

Code:
    ./configure | tee config.log
    and attach it to the next post

Richard

Beans
    Distro

It seems that ./configure and ./configure --prefix=/usr don't give that error, but ./configure --prefix=/usr --enable-wacom does. However, after running ./configure --prefix=/usr and then make and make install, I don't get a wacom.ko file.

Attached is the log for ./configure (part 1 and 2). The only odd things I can find are references to old versions of wacom. Perhaps I need to clean up somewhere? (neither wacom-tools nor xserver-xorg-input-wacom are installed)
    Attached Files Attached Files

Beans
    Distro

Are you trying to copy the file rather than do a simple make install?

Beans
    Distro

Update - got everything working. Turns out I was using an older linuxwacom that I had patched up, using the latest 8.4 sources with the above-linked nTrig patch got everything working perfectly with the supplied xorg.conf, although I added in fglrx for mine.

As a side note, I did not need to comment out anything in the fdi, as no n-trig entry was present.

Thanks to everyone who put effort into this. I now have better n-trig support in linux than I do in windows and officially no more reason to run Vista. No more waiting around for Adobe to support n-trig either.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by xopher_mc View Post
    Are you trying to copy the file rather than do a simple make install?
    No, after running ./configure --prefix=/usr --enable-wacom, when I run make I get the following output. The cp command is run by the make process:
    Code:
    **username**@**hostname**:~/Desktop/linuxwacom-0.8.4-2$ make
    Making all in src
    make[1]: Entering directory `/home/**username**/Desktop/linuxwacom-0.8.4-2/src'
    Making all in .
    make[2]: Entering directory `/home/**username**/Desktop/linuxwacom-0.8.4-2/src'
    make[2]: Nothing to be done for `all-am'.
    make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/**username**/Desktop/linuxwacom-0.8.4-2/src'
    Making all in wacomxi
    make[2]: Entering directory `/home/**username**/Desktop/linuxwacom-0.8.4-2/src/wacomxi'
    make[2]: Nothing to be done for `all'.
    make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/**username**/Desktop/linuxwacom-0.8.4-2/src/wacomxi'
    Making all in util
    make[2]: Entering directory `/home/**username**/Desktop/linuxwacom-0.8.4-2/src/util'
    make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/**username**/Desktop/linuxwacom-0.8.4-2/src/util'
    Making all in xdrv
    make[2]: Entering directory `/home/**username**/Desktop/linuxwacom-0.8.4-2/src/xdrv'
    gcc -MM -g -O2 -D__amd64__ -I/usr/include/tcl  -I../include -I/usr/include/xorg  -I/usr/include/xorg -I/usr/include/pixman-1   ./xf86Wacom.c ./wcmSerial.c ./wcmUSB.c ./wcmISDV4.c ./wcmXCommand.c ./wcmCommon.c ./wcmCompat.c ./wcmConfig.c ./wcmFilter.c ./wcmTilt2Rotation.c > .depend
    make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/**username**/Desktop/linuxwacom-0.8.4-2/src/xdrv'
    make[2]: Entering directory `/home/**username**/Desktop/linuxwacom-0.8.4-2/src/xdrv'
    gcc -shared -nostdlib -o wacom_drv.so xf86Wacom.o wcmSerial.o wcmUSB.o wcmISDV4.o wcmXCommand.o wcmCommon.o wcmCompat.o wcmConfig.o wcmFilter.o wcmTilt2Rotation.o -Bstatic -lgcc
    make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/**username**/Desktop/linuxwacom-0.8.4-2/src/xdrv'
    Making all in 2.6.31
    make[2]: Entering directory `/home/**username**/Desktop/linuxwacom-0.8.4-2/src/2.6.31'
    cp -f ../2.6.27/wacom.h .
    cp -f ../2.6.28/wacom_wac.h .
    cp -f ../2.6.28/wacom_sys.c .
    cp -f ../2.6.28/wacom_wac.c .
    cp /lib/modules/2.6.31-10-generic/build/drivers/hid/hid-ids.h .
    cp: cannot stat `/lib/modules/2.6.31-10-generic/build/drivers/hid/hid-ids.h': No such file or directory
    make[2]: *** [all] Error 1
    make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/**username**/Desktop/linuxwacom-0.8.4-2/src/2.6.31'
    make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/**username**/Desktop/linuxwacom-0.8.4-2/src'
    make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwinote View Post
    No, after running ./configure --prefix=/usr --enable-wacom, when I run make I get the following output. The cp command is run by the make process:
    Code:
    **username**@**hostname**:~/Desktop/linuxwacom-0.8.4-2$ make
    Making all in src
    make[1]: Entering directory `/home/**username**/Desktop/linuxwacom-0.8.4-2/src'
    Making all in .
    make[2]: Entering directory `/home/**username**/Desktop/linuxwacom-0.8.4-2/src'
    make[2]: Nothing to be done for `all-am'.
    make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/**username**/Desktop/linuxwacom-0.8.4-2/src'
    Making all in wacomxi
    make[2]: Entering directory `/home/**username**/Desktop/linuxwacom-0.8.4-2/src/wacomxi'
    make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/**username**/Desktop/linuxwacom-0.8.4-2/src/wacomxi'
    Making all in util
    make[2]: Entering directory `/home/**username**/Desktop/linuxwacom-0.8.4-2/src/util'
    make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/**username**/Desktop/linuxwacom-0.8.4-2/src/util'
    Making all in xdrv
    gcc -MM -g -O2 -D__amd64__ -I/usr/include/tcl  -I../include -I/usr/include/xorg  -I/usr/include/xorg -I/usr/include/pixman-1   ./xf86Wacom.c ./wcmSerial.c ./wcmUSB.c ./wcmISDV4.c ./wcmXCommand.c ./wcmCommon.c ./wcmCompat.c ./wcmConfig.c ./wcmFilter.c ./wcmTilt2Rotation.c > .depend
    gcc -shared -nostdlib -o wacom_drv.so xf86Wacom.o wcmSerial.o wcmUSB.o wcmISDV4.o wcmXCommand.o wcmCommon.o wcmCompat.o wcmConfig.o wcmFilter.o wcmTilt2Rotation.o -Bstatic -lgcc
    Making all in 2.6.31
    make[2]: Entering directory `/home/**username**/Desktop/linuxwacom-0.8.4-2/src/2.6.31'
    cp -f ../2.6.27/wacom.h .
    cp -f ../2.6.28/wacom_wac.h .
    cp -f ../2.6.28/wacom_sys.c .
    cp -f ../2.6.28/wacom_wac.c .
    cp /lib/modules/2.6.31-10-generic/build/drivers/hid/hid-ids.h .
    cp: cannot stat `/lib/modules/2.6.31-10-generic/build/drivers/hid/hid-ids.h': No such file or directory
    make[2]: *** [all] Error 1
    make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/**username**/Desktop/linuxwacom-0.8.4-2/src/2.6.31'
    make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/**username**/Desktop/linuxwacom-0.8.4-2/src'
    make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
    What I ended up doing was download the linux-image-`uname -r` source:
    Code:
    sudo apt-get build-dep linux-image-`uname -r`
    sudo apt-get source linux-image-`uname -r`
    Once it was downloaded, I when into the directory and copied the missing file over:
    Code:
    cd linux-2.6.31
    sudo cp drivers/hid/hid-ids.h /lib/modules/`uname -r`/build/drivers/hid/

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by otakuj462 View Post
    Update 09/23/09 1:49AM: Capture seems to be working better now. I'm still using the same alsa-base.conf. gnome-sound-recorder is working great when I use an external mic; it can't seem to capture any audio from the internal mic, though. Skype and arecord, however, only capture very muffled, unintelligible audio that's full of static. If it was just Skype, I would say that it was just a Skype problem, but because Skype and arecord are manifesting the same symptoms, it seems likely to be something deeper than that.
    Last edited by otakuj462; 1 Minute Ago at 01:52 AM..
    I finally had a chance to test this out. There are some adjustments that you can make in alsamixer to get the internal microphone to work.

First, you need to go into alsamixer from the Terminal. Once you are in there, press the right arrow until you see Input Source. If you don't see that entry, press tab until you do. Make sure that it is set to Front Mic. Right now I have the Front Mic and the Front Mic Boost set as high as possible. You then will need to play around with the Capture and Digital controls until your voice is clear. I am finding that the fan noise or the display buzz is getting recorded into the sound, but other than that I was able to get my voice to sound clear.

My current Capture volume is at 65 and my Digital is at 40. I am also testing it with arecord.

By the way, you might be able to adjust it via the volume control in the system tray. I am currently using KDE and KMix does provide the ability to adjust all the controls.

As you seemed to have figured out, the Line In does work with a microphone plugged it. You need to adjust the Input Source to Line In. It does capture the sound, but it is not coming in as loud as the internal mic. This could be the microphone that I am using though.

Beans
    Distro

I think someone else mentioned this, writing to confirm I find the touch input is much more accurate in Linux. I don't think it's subjective, either - for instance, Chromium's tab closing buttons are much easier to push on the first try. It usually takes me 2-3 taps to hit them in Windows. I'm also hitting system tray icons and scrollbars much more easily.

Beans
    Distro

A couple new thoughts. I can't get the side button on my stylus to do anything, if there was some way to post output ala synclient maybe i could figure out what signal it's sending, if any. I don't know much about this, can anyone point me in the right direction?

Another thought is - apparently when you have two fingers on the screen, you get a height & width output on touch showing the difference between the first and second finger. Could we somehow capture when that happens to emulate a right-click on a two finger tap, with the rightmost finger being the pointer (maybe leftmost for left-handers)?

Page 12 of 169 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112 ... LastLast