Page 119 of 169 FirstFirst ... 1969109117118119120121129 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,190 of 1689

Thread: HOW TO: Set up the HP TX2z and Dell XT & XT2 (N-trig digitizer) in Ubuntu

Beans

Re: HOW TO: Set up the HP TX2z and Dell XT & XT2 (N-trig digitizer) in Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by rafiyr View Post
    Interesting I have different codes for my xt and a friend's xt2 for the hinge rotation. 0xe04[67] for the xt, I don't have the xt2 codes at the moment, but they were pretty close, not 0xff...

Well... this works on my system. The only things I can think of that could be causing the diff is that I have the latest bios update from dell (A09)

Beans

Well - had to bail and go back to ubuntu. Installed the 10.04.1 - and the only thing I had to do with the touch/stylus was simply add the udev rules and the xorg.conf -- no compiling necessary. wow. anyway - managed to get gdm in opensuse to not allow me to log in and that's a bust - so thanks for the help guys.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Favux and others,

I want to apologize for my silence on the forums. I have not abandoned my work to get the multi-touch working and give feedback to the forum. I had some emergency family travel and now I am back, the University term is starting and this will be unavoidably busy for me for a bit.

I will be back and I am still excited to get multi-touch working.

regards
    brettpim

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Hi brettpim,

Welcome back. Looking forward to your multi-touch input.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

There is a wiki for multitouch now. You can find it here. If you are testing Maverick, you can try out gesturetest (look in the wiki about testing multitouch in Maverick) and help test it out.

It seems to catch the gestures pretty well. However, there are no applications that I know about that are available at this time to view.

The PyMT application does not seem to recognize the N-trig device (or else I am missing something to make it work) because I can only get one finger to be recognized.
    Last edited by Ayuthia; September 2nd, 2010 at 07:25 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by Ayuthia View Post
    There is a wiki for multitouch now. You can find it here. If you are testing Maverick, you can try out gesturetest (look in the wiki about testing multitouch in Maverick) and help test it out.

It seems to catch the gestures pretty well. However, there are no applications that I know about that are available at this time to view.

The PyMT application does not seem to recognize the N-trig device (or else I am missing something to make it work) because I can only get one finger to be recognized.
    Thought they added support to read the event node directly (fairly recent addition). Anyway, getting python bindings for the the mtdev library is in a general list of things to do. I suspect that if that gets done the pymt stuff should go smoother.

If you're just getting single touch out of it, chances are that you're just using the x input module.

Beans

Hi, I am using HP TouchSmart TX2, and running 64 bit Lucid. I want to still use my pen input on the laptop touch screen, while connected external monitor to the VGA port. The external monitor was configured as extension to the laptop monitor in X.

Currently I have two problem:
    1. When I rotate the laptop screen, the stylus input mirror the cursor movement.

2. Even if I didn't rotate the laptop, when I try to use stylus input drawing on the laptop screen, the cursor position is always off set.

I found the term calibration showing up here and there, but not sure if it is used to solve my problem number 2. Can some expert point it out?

Thanx

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by cocoa117 View Post
    Hi, I am using HP TouchSmart TX2, and running 64 bit Lucid. I want to still use my pen input on the laptop touch screen, while connected external monitor to the VGA port. The external monitor was configured as extension to the laptop monitor in X.

Currently I have two problem:
    1. When I rotate the laptop screen, the stylus input mirror the cursor movement.

2. Even if I didn't rotate the laptop, when I try to use stylus input drawing on the laptop screen, the cursor position is always off set.

I found the term calibration showing up here and there, but not sure if it is used to solve my problem number 2. Can some expert point it out?

Thanx
    Are you saying that if the laptop is rotated (lid is closed--tablet mode) that everything is ok, but when you open the lid and rotate back to laptop mode that the cursor is in the opposite direction or is the cursor is close to the stylus and is following the stylus but the cursor is not under the stylus?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Ayuthia View Post
    Are you saying that if the laptop is rotated (lid is closed--tablet mode) that everything is ok, but when you open the lid and rotate back to laptop mode that the cursor is in the opposite direction or is the cursor is close to the stylus and is following the stylus but the cursor is not under the stylus?
    Actually no, tablet mode has cursor mirroring movement syndrome, which seems have been reported here and I just haven't got chance to test it myself.

My problem is how to tell x windows that the pen input is to tablet monitor only, so every time I use it, it does not move away to extended monitor.

Make sense?

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by cocoa117 View Post
    Actually no, tablet mode has cursor mirroring movement syndrome, which seems have been reported here and I just haven't got chance to test it myself.

My problem is how to tell x windows that the pen input is to tablet monitor only, so every time I use it, it does not move away to extended monitor.

Make sense?
    That makes sense. I have not had a chance to try my laptop with another monitor yet, but I think that the issue might be with the screen resolution that is currently set with the wacom driver. Can you post the results of
    Code:
    xinput list-props 'N-Trig Pen stylus'
    If the stylus is not called 'N-Trig Pen stylus', replace it with the name or id that it is defined in xinput --list.

Page 119 of 169 FirstFirst ... 1969109117118119120121129 ... LastLast