Page 117 of 169 FirstFirst ... 1767107115116117118119127167 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,170 of 1689

Thread: HOW TO: Set up the HP TX2z and Dell XT & XT2 (N-trig digitizer) in Ubuntu

Beans

Re: HOW TO: Set up the HP TX2z and Dell XT & XT2 (N-trig digitizer) in Ubuntu

you guys rock!

Favux - using your steps I have touch/stylus working. The stylus works great - but touch is offset by a few inches. I disable touch anyway - and rotation with the stylus works fine.

Thanks!

Alright - curiosity will get the best of me. Any thoughts why the touch portion would be so far off, but the stylus works perfectly? Would it have to do with the kernel?
    Last edited by markginter24; August 28th, 2010 at 03:01 AM. Reason: Curiosity

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Hi markginter24,

We probably have to calibrate touch if it's on the linuxwacom driver. Are you using the xorg.conf or the 10-wacom.conf? This depends on the kernel and Xorg version. Have you checked Xorg.0.log in /var/logs to confirm styus and touch are now both using the xf86-input-wacom driver?

Beans

Interesting. Never had to calibrate before... I'm using xorg.conf and I have not checked the logs. Is there a forum post or place to check about calibrating?

Beans

XT2 user here.

this may be somewhere else in this thread, but Rafi's dell-wmi.c does not properly support XT2 wmi events.

I'm working on a fully updated version, but for those of you frustrated with this, you can find the proper scancodes by hitting the key and then using dmesg at terminal and looking at the reported 'unknown key'.

Beans
    Distro

Hi markginter24,

I'm trying to get a feel about your setup. Knowing your Xserver version and kernel would tell me how we need to configure your tablet. In other words are you set up to use HAL/.fdi or udev/.conf files? Or are you using an xorg.conf with the udev rules in the HOW TO?

Someone set up with the recommended firmware and in "Lucid"(or the equivalent) and using xorg.conf to setup the wacom drivers for touch and the stylus might benefit from a xsetwacom script startup script, to help with configuration. We've yet to develop one for the N-trig.

Hi enneract,

Welcome to Ubuntu forums!

Rafi's dell-wmi.c does not properly support XT2 wmi events...you can find the proper scancodes by hitting the key and then using dmesg at terminal and looking at the reported 'unknown key'.
    Thank you for the information.

Beans

see next post.
    Last edited by markginter24; August 28th, 2010 at 04:14 PM.

Beans

OpenSuSE 11.3 using udev and the rules from pg 102 of this forum and xorg.conf Kernel 2.6.34 and xorg 7.5-11.3

After compiling per your directions the stylus works perfectly and responds to rotate commands, touch is offset but also works and responds to xsetwacom commands.

Also - if I remove the udev rules - both stylus and touch work properly calibrated, but they do not respond to any xsetwacom commands.

Beans
    Distro

Hi markginter24,

OK, interesting. We're almost on the same page now.

Debian/Ubuntu are the only distros that backported part of an older version of Xserver 1.8 into Xserver 1.7 making a hybrid Xserver, which is why Lucid uses the udev/.conf files system. On OpenSuSe with xorg 7.5-11.3 you should have a native Xserver 1.7 something, which still uses HAL/.fdi. To verify:
    Code:
    Xorg -version
    So your configuration right now is through the wacom.fdi (or linuxwacom.fdi) file mediated by the udev rules from page 102.

And if xsetwacom is configuring touch, then we can assume it's on the wacom driver and not need to check in Xorg.0.log. Congratulations, you're the first to report touch working through a .fdi instead of the xorg.conf!

If you check the last few pages you'll see partial xsetwacom scripts I posted. Let's see if we can get a complete one. This will take me a little time.

Edit: Oh, and it would help if you could post your 'xinput --list' output.
    Last edited by Favux; August 28th, 2010 at 04:33 PM.

Beans

Hold your horses - this might make a difference:

Xorg -version

X.Org X Server 1.8.0
    Release Date: 2010-04-02
    X Protocol Version 11, Revision 0
    Build Operating System: openSUSE SUSE LINUX
    Current Operating System: Linux linux-adqn.site 2.6.34-12-default #1 SMP 2010-06-29 02:39:08 +0200 i686
    Kernel command line: root=/dev/disk/by-id/ata-ST9320325AS_5VD166SQ-part5 resume=/dev/disk/by-id/ata-ST9320325AS_5VD166SQ-part6 splash=silent quiet vga=0x317
    Build Date: 05 July 2010 09:26:26PM

Current version of pixman: 0.18.0
    Before reporting problems, check http://wiki.x.org
    to make sure that you have the latest version.

and...

xinput -list
    ⎡ Virtual core pointer id=2 [master pointer (3)]
    ⎜ ↳ Virtual core XTEST pointer id=4 [slave pointer (2)]
    ⎜ ↳ stylus id=6 [slave pointer (2)]
    ⎜ ↳ touch id=7 [slave pointer (2)]
    ⎜ ↳ N-Trig Pen id=13 [slave pointer (2)]
    ⎜ ↳ N-Trig Touchscreen id=14 [slave pointer (2)]
    ⎜ ↳ N-Trig Pen id=15 [slave pointer (2)]
    ⎜ ↳ N-Trig Touchscreen id=16 [slave pointer (2)]
    ⎜ ↳ SynPS/2 Synaptics TouchPad id=18 [slave pointer (2)]
    ⎣ Virtual core keyboard id=3 [master keyboard (2)]
    ↳ Virtual core XTEST keyboard id=5 [slave keyboard (3)]
    ↳ Power Button id=8 [slave keyboard (3)]
    ↳ Video Bus id=9 [slave keyboard (3)]
    ↳ Power Button id=10 [slave keyboard (3)]
    ↳ Sleep Button id=11 [slave keyboard (3)]
    ↳ HP Webcam id=12 [slave keyboard (3)]
    ↳ AT Translated Set 2 keyboard id=17 [slave keyboard (3)]
    ↳ HP WMI hotkeys id=19 [slave keyboard (3)]

Beans
    Distro

OK, so that version of OpenSuse has Xserver 1.8 and you must be using the 10-wacom.conf to configure. That makes it sort of like Lucid.

I call the script .xsetwacom.sh, you can name it what you want. Make it executable and then just double click on it to run it. The settings should apply right away.

Alright, this is a first pass at it. Hopefully this will fix touch calibration. I don't know if all the parameters will apply. So let me know what works. I also have a tentative eraser section for the XT's. And a preliminary multi-touch/gestures section if you decide to update your firmware for multi-touch.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Page 117 of 169 FirstFirst ... 1767107115116117118119127167 ... LastLast