Page 116 of 169 FirstFirst ... 1666106114115116117118126166 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,160 of 1689

Thread: HOW TO: Set up the HP TX2z and Dell XT & XT2 (N-trig digitizer) in Ubuntu

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: HOW TO: Set up the HP TX2z and Dell XT & XT2 (N-trig digitizer) in Ubuntu

I don't have an N-Trig MultiTouch listed in xinput... maybe I should go check my Windws 7 for drivers.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Right. The firmware version and the software package version it came in.

Beans

I switched from Ubuntu to Opensuse 11.3 (printing problems on Ubuntu at work) and am trying to get my tx2z-1000 to work again.

The default suse kernel/xorg recognizes both pen and touch, but does not list them in xsetwacom list -- therefore, no control.

I used the 61-xxx udev rules from pg 102 and the corresponding xorg.conf -- it then lists touch/stylus but nothing responds. Is it a matter of rerouting 'id' numbers? Or is their xorg code too old.

I can still use touch/stylus - but I can't place my hand on the screen and write in xournal since I can't turn the touch portion off.

I've searched for suse specific stuff - but the one wiki article that was apparently helpful got munched in their wiki upgrade. Thanks for any help you can offer.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by markginter24 View Post
    I switched from Ubuntu to Opensuse 11.3 (printing problems on Ubuntu at work) and am trying to get my tx2z-1000 to work again.

The default suse kernel/xorg recognizes both pen and touch, but does not list them in xsetwacom list -- therefore, no control.

I used the 61-xxx udev rules from pg 102 and the corresponding xorg.conf -- it then lists touch/stylus but nothing responds. Is it a matter of rerouting 'id' numbers? Or is their xorg code too old.

I can still use touch/stylus - but I can't place my hand on the screen and write in xournal since I can't turn the touch portion off.

I've searched for suse specific stuff - but the one wiki article that was apparently helpful got munched in their wiki upgrade. Thanks for any help you can offer.
    Have you checked /var/log/Xorg.0.log? My guess is that the Wacom driver there might be an older version that does not recognize the N-trig device. It might just be a matter of compiling a newer version of the Wacom driver from the git repositories.

Beans

[ 27.105] (II) LoadModule: "wacom"
    [ 27.111] (II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/input/wacom_drv.so
    [ 27.111] (II) Module wacom: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
    [ 27.111] compiled for 1.8.0, module version = 0.10.5

Dunno what that means - but that's what's there.

Beans

Not to sound too needy - but what would it take to compile the wacom driver from git? I'm assuming it would just replace the wacom driver that's currently being used and not the whole X system of modules?

Beans
    Distro

Not to sound too needy - but what would it take to compile the wacom driver from git? I'm assuming it would just replace the wacom driver that's currently being used and not the whole X system of modules?
    I am not for sure about the name of the packages that you might need before compiling. I am currently looking at this guide to see the apt-get build-dep equivalent in openSUSE and it looks like it is zypper build-deps-install. You might try:
    Code:
    zypper build-deps-install x11-input-wacom
    As for building the wacom driver:
    Code:
    cd
    git clone git://linuxwacom.git.sourceforge.net/gitroot/linuxwacom/xf86-input-wacom
    cd xf86-input-wacom
    ./autogen.sh --prefix=/usr
    make && sudo make install
    I hope that helps.

Looking at your previous post, if that is all that is shown for the Wacom driver, then it did not seem to find the N-trig device.
    Last edited by Ayuthia; August 28th, 2010 at 02:12 AM. Reason: Fixed a missing sudo

Beans

After getting all the autoconf, automake stuff installed and setting up sources repositories I get to this point ...

configure.ac:44: error: xorg-macros version 1.8 or higher is required but 1.6.0 found

This seems to be a problem. No way to force a git package to compile against an older version of xorg-macros? I'm assuming 'required' means 'required'. Hmph.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

You'll have to translate the following from Debian/Ubuntu to Opensuse syntax:
    Code:
    wget http://xorg.freedesktop.org/releases/individual/util/util-macros-1.8.0.tar.bz2

sudo cp /usr/share/aclocal/xorg-macros.m4 /usr/share/aclocal/xorg-macros.m4.bak

tar xjvf util-macros-1.8.0.tar.bz2

cd util-macros-1.8.0

./configure --prefix=/usr

make

sudo make install

Beans
    Distro

After getting all the autoconf, automake stuff installed and setting up sources repositories I get to this point ...

configure.ac:44: error: xorg-macros version 1.8 or higher is required but 1.6.0 found

This seems to be a problem. No way to force a git package to compile against an older version of xorg-macros? I'm assuming 'required' means 'required'. Hmph.
    EDIT: Please try what Favux said. I read the error as the xorg-server, not the macro.

It just means that you have to use the other version that is built for xorg 1.7 and older.

Try using this:
    Code:
    cd
    mkdir wacom
    cd wacom
    wget -c http://linuxfans.keryxproject.org/packages/wacom/ntrig/source/linuxwacom-0.8.8-8.tar.bz2
    tar -xvjf linuxwacom-0.8.8-8.tar.bz2
    cd linuxwacom-0.8.8-8
    ./configure --prefix=/usr
    make
    sudo make install
    Last edited by Ayuthia; August 28th, 2010 at 02:13 AM. Reason: Misread error message

Page 116 of 169 FirstFirst ... 1666106114115116117118126166 ... LastLast