Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Convert wav or mp3 for upload on youtube

Beans

Convert wav or mp3 for upload on youtube

hi, i want to upload self-made music to youtube, but everytime i upload an mp3 (youtube says it supports this format), i get a format conversion error on youtube after uploading.

how can i convert a wav or mp3 so its uploadable to youtube?

greetz [rtmf]

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: Convert wav or mp3 for upload on youtube

No, YouTube doesn't accept straight mp3 uploads, only video files. What you might have seen is that they recommend that the audio portion of your video file be encoded with the mp3 codec. So you'll have to convert your mp3 into a video file format that YouTube does recognize, .flv for instance.

There's various ways to accomplish this. Here's one that's fairly easy and works quite well:

- You'll need to have the packages 'ffmpeg' and 'gstreamer0.10-plugins-bad' installed.
    Code:
    sudo apt-get install ffmpeg gstreamer0.10-plugins-bad
    - Then just run this command to convert from mp3 to flv:
    Code:
    ffmpeg -y -i /path_to_your/song.mp3 -f flv -ab 131072 -ac 1 /path_to_your/video.flv
    Just replace the path and input and output file names to yours. The '131072' is the bitrate of the resulting file (128Kbps in this case) and can be changed as you wish.

Hope this helps,

tgeer
    "Programming is an art form that fights back."

HP Pavillion DV9500T 17" Notebook • 2.2GHz Core2 Duo • 4GB RAM • Nvidia Geforce 8600M GS 512MB
    Running Ubuntu 10.04 [64-bit]+Gnome+Compiz from HD / Puppy Linux 4.2.1SMP in RAM from USB Flash

Beans

Conversion on youtube failed again

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by [rtmf] View Post
    Conversion on youtube failed again
    Try making a video, add the soundtrack -your mp3, convert that complete production to flv. People often post video of just an album cover, with a song playing, but it is video with an audio track. Free stock video footage is plentiful to download, avidemux, or kino are easy to use for
    making such a project ready for converting.
    Cheers

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by tgeer43 View Post
    No, YouTube doesn't accept straight mp3 uploads, only video files. What you might have seen is that they recommend that the audio portion of your video file be encoded with the mp3 codec. So you'll have to convert your mp3 into a video file format that YouTube does recognize, .flv for instance.

There's various ways to accomplish this. Here's one that's fairly easy and works quite well:

- You'll need to have the packages 'ffmpeg' and 'gstreamer0.10-plugins-bad' installed.
    Why install gstreamer0.10-plugins-bad?
    Then just run this command to convert from mp3 to flv:
    Code:
    ffmpeg -y -i /path_to_your/song.mp3 -f flv -ab 131072 -ac 1 /path_to_your/video.flv
    Just replace the path and input and output file names to yours. The '131072' is the bitrate of the resulting file (128Kbps in this case) and can be changed as you wish.
    Instead of "-ab 131072" you could use "-ab 128k".

Quote Originally Posted by sgx View Post
    Try making a video, add the soundtrack -your mp3, convert that complete production to flv. People often post video of just an album cover, with a song playing, but it is video with an audio track. Free stock video footage is plentiful to download, avidemux, or kino are easy to use for
    making such a project ready for converting.
    Cheers
    I provided some command-line examples in the following thread to create an image and combine it with the audio track to make a video. The audio is just being copied and not re-encoded so the quality is preserved:

Convert mp3 to avi

Beans

I provided some command-line examples in the following thread to create an image and combine it with the audio track to make a video. The audio is just being copied and not re-encoded so the quality is preserved:

Convert mp3 to avi
    This one DID help. Thanks big time!

Beans

hi guys, i modified the script from the link above to create a simple music video with one image for youtube:

Code:
    #!/bin/bash
    #dependencies: ffmpeg
    # Usage: ./mp32youtube.sh input.mp3 output.mpg

background=/home/blabla/picture.jpg
    #change it to the picture you want for your clip on youtube

ffmpeg -loop_input -i "$background" -i "$1" -acodec copy  -shortest -qscale 5 -s 640x480 "$2" 
    exit
    u can change -s parameter to your desired resolution. hope this helps!

Beans

You could try an online tool such as mp32flv to do the job.
    Rob

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by robhardwick View Post
    You could try an online tool such as mp32flv to do the job.
    Rob
    Does it re-encode or just pass it through? Thanks

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

xcfa - it's in the Repos and it's GUI.
    I think oldfred is stalking my posts. =P

Qt EFI Boot Order PPA - https://launchpad.net/~slooksterpsv/...e/efibootorder v0.2 as of 16/03/14

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast