Thread: Custom Google Earth Icon Gnome

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Question Custom Google Earth Icon Gnome

I made a custom icon for google earth and I want to include it in my icon pack. What do I have to name it and what folder in my pack do I have to put it in to make sure it gets called on gnome ubuntu 9.04?

I looked around on google, and looked in other icon packs but couldnt seem to come up with anything. Im begginning to think google earth wont call other icons >_>
    Intel Core 2 Dou | 3GB Ram | 320GB HDD | Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator 4500M
    ASUS EEE 1000HA | Atom 1.6 GHz | 2GB Ram | 250 GB HDD | Intel GMA 950
    Please: Don't Forget To Mark Your Threads As Solved

Beans

Re: Custom Google Earth Icon Gnome

ammm, u mean something like that?
    grep Icon /usr/share/applications/<GOOGLE DESKTOP FILE HERE> | sed -e 's|.*=\(.*\)$|\1|'

and u should drop the file in the apps folder on each of the folders sizes 16x16,22x22 svg and so on.
    Last edited by motyR; August 28th, 2009 at 02:44 AM.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: Custom Google Earth Icon Gnome

something like that lolz. your post actually helped me to figure out a bit more about ubuntu on my own. see by pointing me to /usr/share/applications/Google Earth

I learned thats where the "desktop icons" .launcher files are set up. I opened up google earth's launcher in gedit and learned its called googleearth in the icon pack. named my icon that, refreshed the gnome icon cache, and tada it worked. so in a round-about way, you saved the day. thanks :]
    Intel Core 2 Dou | 3GB Ram | 320GB HDD | Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator 4500M
    ASUS EEE 1000HA | Atom 1.6 GHz | 2GB Ram | 250 GB HDD | Intel GMA 950
    Please: Don't Forget To Mark Your Threads As Solved