Thread: Satellite A75-S209 running Ubuntu 9.04 battery not charging

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Satellite A75-S209 running Ubuntu 9.04 battery not charging

Hello all, here's hoping you can give me a hand on this one.

I just installed 9.04 on an old Toshiba Satellite A75-S209 for a friend, seeing as his old Windows installation was filled with viruses and spyware, and he's too broke to buy a new Windows disc. Installed without a problem, and everything ran fine up until after I ran the update.

After the update, the laptop started ignoring the AC adapter when the battery was installed. If I turned it off, removed the battery, and plugged the adapter in, everything works great. Turn the laptop off, unplug everything, replace the battery, and plug the adapter in, it starts charging the battery. Turn it on, and it just flat out ignores the AC adapter.

I've no clue what to do, so any advice would be fantastic...thanks ahead of time for the help!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Karmic Koala (testing)

Re: Satellite A75-S209 running Ubuntu 9.04 battery not charging

I had this problem with my A205 Toshiba laptop. Strangely enough, if you leave it go for a while, it 'syncs' up and starts charging the battery again. Dunno what it is, but it just did that.

You can also try booting with the NO ACPI option and see if that helps. Seems after 8.04 that that problem was fixed but maybe that is something with the specific laptop.

Hope this helps a bit.

-Cybie

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Re: Satellite A75-S209 running Ubuntu 9.04 battery not charging

The booting with no acpi didn't work too well...it actually booted up in low graphics mode...I'm going to shut it down long enough to let it build up a charge, and see if it syncs up later. Hopefully, that'll fix this little issue. Thanks for the help