Thread: imbedding second video source

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

imbedding second video source

-----FOUND THE ANSWER. PLEASE LOCK/DELETE THREAD-----

Hi everyone,

I am working on a little project for my car. I have a laptop which i will chop in half and mount the keyboard side behind the screen. I will then create a mount for the whole thing leaving room for a touch screen overlay (leaving holes for circulation of course). I will use that as my entertainment console (music, videos, etc). I also would like to incorporate a GPS navigation unit into it. I am looking to bypass the units own screen and output directly to the laptop. I want to use the multiple desktop feature to be able to switch between entertainment and navigation.

Is there a way for me embed the feed from the gps unit into a window on the second desktop? I know this is limited information and I will provide any info as needed. please reply.

also, has anyone done something like this? I've seen car PCs using pieces built specifically for this. I havn't seen many who are attempting it the way I am.

Thank you all in advance!
    Last edited by TheShabz; August 27th, 2009 at 12:00 AM. Reason: corrected a spelling mistake
    SELECT * FROM Users WHERE clue > 0;
    no results found

Quoth the server, "404".