Quote Originally Posted by cdenley View Post
Generally, there is one vhost configuration per file. Once you create a new "site", you would need to enable it (sudo a2ensite site2). Putting multiple vhost configurations in /etc/apache2/sites-available/default would work, but isn't really the standard way of doing things in ubuntu.

You shouldn't edit apache2.conf to configure virtual hosts (sites). It is only for global configurations unrelated to any module or listening configuration. Also, you shouldn't edit httpd.conf for anything in ubuntu (I've seen it suggested in other threads).
Your are complete right! And believe me, I've checked, read several documents before posting, but Ubuntu configuration is kind of different.

Like I said, site is enable (and I tried via two files/sites before, with no success) but I'll try again from scratch. What I'm planning to do this

-NOT TOUCHING /etc/apache2/apache2.conf, I WILL NOT ADD ANY LINE HERE
-Create two files (for each virtual host) under /etc/apache2.conf/sites-available/ like deafult and site2
-Enable both sites via command: a2ensite

Can someone please post two "fakes" virtual hosts sites configuration like an example or guide to me ... I will only change the site content pointers to /var/www and /var/site2, it will help a lot

Thanks,