Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: New Android app: Tesla Remote Control

Beans

Re: New Android app: Tesla Remote Control

I am also getting an infite "Working... Connecting with your computer" message.

I disabled PKA-only logins to test this, but I can't see how I would regularly use it, knowing it essentially asks for my PCs main credentials.

Screenshots look like the interface is nice, isn't there another way to access these apps APIs ?
    Fabián Rodríguez
    Ubuntu Quebec LoCo Team contact, UCP, UCI

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Quote Originally Posted by brendanpiater View Post
    I can confirm all is 100% on the point's above. I lso tested SSH access via a SSH client on the phone and was able to connect to the machine ok.

I reset all the options and tried again, this time I got quite a long error message ending in "Could not find dbus session ID in user enviroment; fi :- bash:no job control in this shell"
    Hey Brendan,

It sounds like the app is connecting to your machine OK, but then failing to retrieve your desktop session ID for some reason. I'll take a look tonight and see if I can reproduce the problem.

Are you running Ubuntu 9.04, and using Gnome or KDE as your desktop? If not, I may need to test against your specific set-up...

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by jackhynes View Post
    Excited to try it out as well. I get the error code 83340.
    I've seen this before. If you connect to Rhythmbox whilst it is "stopped", Tesla crashes because there is no song information to retrieve. This only happens when you first launch Rhythmbox, before you play a song for the first time. After that everything works as expected.

There will be a fix in the next release, but for now you need to ensure you play (and optionally pause) a song before connecting.

Beans

Thanks for the time and effort.

Running Jaunty 9.04, AMD64 with Gnome enviroment.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by magicfab View Post
    I am also getting an infite "Working... Connecting with your computer" message.

I disabled PKA-only logins to test this, but I can't see how I would regularly use it, knowing it essentially asks for my PCs main credentials.

Screenshots look like the interface is nice, isn't there another way to access these apps APIs ?
    Hi magicfab,

If you are confident that the phone should be able to connect to your PC successfully, then your infinite "connecting" message may be the same issue as Brendan's. I'll be looking into this tonight, but any clues you think might be helpful would be great. Connectivity problems have usually been related to some system configuration I haven't considered yet.

Public key authentication is definitely possible, the only reason it is not currently available is because I haven't had time to consider how it might work.

Obviously there will need to be some way of getting the public key onto the phone, and managing the keys that have been set-up. I was thinking of looking at how ConnectBot and others have done it, but it be great to maybe interface with a public key server so that key management could be done almost entirely within Seahorse on the PC.

I definitely intend to take a look at PKA support soon, but in case you are interested and would like to beat me to it, the source code is available on Sourceforge:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/android-tesla/

I will happily help out in any way I can, should you, or someone else, like to take on the task.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by pantz View Post
    Hi any plans to support Boxee media center?
    I should think so

I hope to expand the supported players some more once I've fixed the connection issues some people are having, and completed the playlist feature. Keep checking back, and I'll post an update when Boxee support is available.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

I want my HTC Hero PRONTO!

Beans
    Distro

brendanpiater, magicfab,

I've done a fair bit of testing to try and reproduce the connecting issue you are both having. So far, I've had no luck. The only time I was able to get a "permission denied" error was when I tried to connect with a username/password that didn't match the user currently logged into the PC.

Could you both run the following command on your machines (changing "[username]" as appropriate), and let me know what you get back?

Code:
    ssh [username]@localhost "grep DBUS_SESSION_BUS_ADDRESS= ~/.dbus/session-bus/*-0 | cut -d '=' -f 2,3,4"
    This command is similar to the command that is failing when Tesla is connecting to your machine, hopefully we'll get something a bit more descriptive than what Tesla is reporting.

Beans

Hiya,

Ran that command and had a " REMOTE HOST IDENTIFICATION HAS CHANGED!" message.

Removed offending key then tried again. Output attached.

Also tried the following;
    # Logging in with incorrect user, gives a different message stating user/pass error as one would expect.
    # Connecting after removing the host key mentioned above, same error as before.

Thanks again for the time and effort.

Cheers
    B
    Attached Files Attached Files

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast